Meeting/Rally Points

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I am curious to your thoughts about meeting other preppers in a "camping" trip.

I am hopping something like this could grow into members forming communities should something happen and we have bug out from where ever we currently find ourselves.

Please share on here if you are interested, and where you think a good meeting/rally point would be.

goodselfme

Reaction score
I think that a gathering of like minded people for a PICNIC would be wonderful. The Oregon coast provides beach access for privacy, cooking and delightful scenery. Nye Beach is in Newport, Oregon right off Highway #101. I highly recommend this destination.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I think that a gathering of like minded people for a PICNIC would be wonderful. The Oregon coast provides beach access for privacy, cooking and delightful scenery. Nye Beach is in Newport, Oregon right off Highway #101. I highly recommend this destination.
Though I agree that Oregon does have nice areas, and the coast can be handy for evacuations, I wondering if something more centralized might work better. Though weather will also be a factor. Perhaps somewhat Midwest. I know In a real situation where gasoline runs scarce travel will become very difficult, and lengthy.

goodselfme

Reaction score
Though I agree that Oregon does have nice areas, and the coast can be handy for evacuations, I wondering if something more centralized might work better. Though weather will also be a factor. Perhaps somewhat Midwest. I know In a real situation where gasoline runs scarce travel will become very difficult, and lengthy.
I forgot to mention Yurts over the Yaquina Bridge for rent for $30 all year round in Newport. What area are you contemplating?

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I forgot to mention Yurts over the Yaquina Bridge for rent for $30 all year round in Newport. What area are you contemplating?
I was thinking of like minded people, such as ourselves, putting together a trip where everyone might like to get together and meet in person, kind of a Sturgis for Preppers if you will.

goodselfme

Reaction score
I was thinking of like minded people, such as ourselves, putting together a trip where everyone might like to get together and meet in person, kind of a Sturgis for Preppers if you will.
Talking and having a time to meet and discuss our topics would be a great idea!

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Talking and having a time to meet and discuss our topics would be a great idea!
I feel that there is also safety in numbers and if people have to leave their current area for whatever reason it would be nice to have contacts around the country and world.

goodselfme

Reaction score
Thank You!
Every now and then I have my moments of brilliance! :D
I think you are very smart. Look you have a website that is doing so much good for individuals. Getting the idea and making that tick all the time is intelligent.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
well im a poor broke jobless s.o.b, so unless i get lucky and the “prep rally” (lol) was near me, i probably wont make it, but hey theres always the lottery lol. but wouldnt it be freaken awesome if we were all at that rally when shtf?

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
well im a poor broke jobless s.o.b, so unless i get lucky and the “prep rally” (lol) was near me, i probably wont make it, but hey theres always the lottery lol. but wouldnt it be freaken awesome if we were all at that rally when shtf?
I know how you feel financially! California is taxing us all to death! Good old jerry brown to the rescue..... yeah right!

alabaster

1st Member Of DPF
Reaction score
I wonder if using some of the national forests and campsites would be a good idea. Most of them are far enough from terror targets(I think), and have a lot of room to accommodate us when we all hit the road.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder if using some of the national forests and campsites would be a good idea. Most of them are far enough from terror targets(I think), and have a lot of room to accommodate us when we all hit the road.
True. Didn't the congress pass a law that allows for the carry of firearms in national parks?
I know there are some rather large parks like Yellowstone in Wyoming, and Yosemite in california.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
i go cliff jumping there, in 2 different locations, so i know theres plenty of water to be found, lots of different animals, but not alot of fish from what ive seen, a few, but not alot. it would be a great place for me to head if shtf, but i wonder how many others will head there too

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
i go cliff jumping there, in 2 different locations, so i know theres plenty of water to be found, lots of different animals, but not alot of fish from what ive seen, a few, but not alot. it would be a great place for me to head if shtf, but i wonder how many others will head there too
Cool! Thanks for the info. Cliff Jumping? not I.
I added some more forums.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
ya fun stuff, been going since i was like 14, i know the area pritty well too, theres cliffs anywhere from 20 to 65 feet, but ive seen/heard of people that dont know what their doing up there get badly hurt and have to get helicoptered out, that part wouldnt be to fun