Medical supplies

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jericho

Reaction score
What do you think would be the most important medical supplies I have to the supplies to carry the most of?

well thats a tough one. all of them seem the aproprate answer.
however, you must remember, any cut can lead to infection, which leads to, gangreen, or a blood disese, that can lead to amputation, heart failure, or even death.
my recommendation(s) would be:
iodine- for deep cuts. deep cuts you cant really use alcohol, or it drys the wound too much. iodine keeps it moist while killing infection.
alcohol: for those small cuts or infected areas.
a sewing kit:
if those wounds are big, stich them up, if you dont, the longer it takes to heal, and the more risk of infection.
neosporin:
can be great for those smalk cuts.
a sling:
cuz you never know when its a bad day not to have one.
band-aids:
yes you might not feel manly wearing them, but if your working on your new home (homestead) and you cut your finger, the last thing you'll want is infection from dirt getting in. but you can also use a clean cloth and duck tape too.
gauze:
to keep those big cuts from spillen out too much blood, remember, there wont be blood transfusions out there....... unless your reeeeaaaal lucky.

i wouldnt pack peroxide though.
they only use it in surgery to clean the blood off of stuff they pull out of you.
but its better than nothing.
anything else?

Scissors (medical type)
Medical tape
small splints for fingers.
You can use sticks and such for larger limbs.
belt for a turnakit (be careful using these).
tweezers

I will add more later.

oh, and antibiotics, like:
amoxicillin, penicillin etc.
you can find those 2 in fish/pet stores for cheap.
they even have them on e-Bay lol.

yea, kind of scary. I would trust the feed store over ebay. Don't know what all you could find at the feed store but you can get dog meds there. I'll check next time I go.

yea, kind of scary. I would trust the feed store over ebay. Don't know what all you could find at the feed store but you can get dog meds there. I'll check next time I go.
I know a few members on here have mentioned fish stores. I was told by a fish store owner that they use expired people medications to treat fish.
I can only imagine how old some of it is.

I take out of date meds from time to time if they are not to far out of date. A couple of months or so is still ok never has made me sick. I think looking in to stuff you find in your own environment is a good idea. I want to make a book that has plant, herb, and root medication. Stuff that I can find in the wilderness of Florida. Like aloe - its good for cuts, burns, and bug bites and you can find that everywhere.

I take out of date meds from time to time if they are not to far out of date. A couple of months or so is still ok never has made me sick. I think looking in to stuff you find in your own environment is a good idea. I want to make a book that has plant, herb, and root medication. Stuff that I can find in the wilderness of Florida. Like aloe - its good for cuts, burns, and bug bites and you can find that everywhere.
that would be a great idea! kind of a prepper's guide to plant life survival.

I know a few members on here have mentioned fish stores. I was told by a fish store owner that they use expired people medications to treat fish.
I can only imagine how old some of it is.
LOL, ya that was me that mentioned it (golf clap) lol.

first, the "cillins" they sell on e-Bay are for fish. i dont think they can sell people meds legally.
2nd, "cillins" are made from mold extracts, from wheat bread or orange peels (homemade version *note try at your own risk if you're crazy enought to), so in my thoughts, is already expired before it even hits the shelves lol.

oh, and you can find military survival guides on e-Bay too.

I dont have First aid kit I have kits.
I believe there are a few items that are so many times overlooked.
If you are worried about the 1st 30days then these things may not be so important. but as time goes on there is just no real way to make some things for yourself so easily. some of the things I stock up on are.
You cant have everything in jump packs, but it can be stashed.

Sterile gloves.................boxes of them
Sterile gause.......... if it is a real wound you dont want it wrapped with a t-shirt
super glue.............. every hillbilly knows its better than stitches whenever possible
Sutures......................when its too bad for superglue (ebay)
Vasiline...................... cell migration is a much better form of healing than letting cells dry out and die
shringes................. you may need to drain fluids or infections, or 15 other uses.
Bleach.................... to disinfect any area you will be using as a hospital, to kill microbes in water etc.
scalpels/saws/spoons................ decisions may have to be made that are unthinkable now. exacto knife sets, and hacksaw at a min. spoons for carterizing

I dont have First aid kit I have kits.
I believe there are a few items that are so many times overlooked.
If you are worried about the 1st 30days then these things may not be so important. but as time goes on there is just no real way to make some things for yourself so easily. some of the things I stock up on are.
You cant have everything in jump packs, but it can be stashed.

Sterile gloves.................boxes of them
Sterile gause.......... if it is a real wound you dont want it wrapped with a t-shirt
super glue.............. every hillbilly knows its better than stitches whenever possible
Sutures......................when its too bad for superglue (ebay)
Vasiline...................... cell migration is a much better form of healing than letting cells dry out and die
shringes................. you may need to drain fluids or infections, or 15 other uses.
Bleach.................... to disinfect any area you will be using as a hospital, to kill microbes in water etc.
scalpels/saws/spoons................ decisions may have to be made that are unthinkable now. exacto knife sets, and hacksaw at a min. spoons for carterizing
Gloves is one thing I have boxes of, but getting my hands on syringes may prove t be problematic at least the needle portion. I welcome any recommendations as to where they can be had legally.

I keep several tubes of Neosporin, and lidoncain/prilocain, tagaderm shields, and hydrogen peroxide.

Any drug store will have over the counter needles, Diabetics
But I still recommend you also get some assorted sizes from any Feed store, Farm & fleet, internet
I have many around for Doctoring the livestock and such.
Hypodermic needles are not contraband, well maybe in Cali. lol

Any drug store will have over the counter needles, Diabetics
But I still recommend you also get some assorted sizes from any Feed store, Farm & fleet, internet
I have many around for Doctoring the livestock and such.
Hypodermic needles are not contraband, well maybe in Cali. lol
hell damn near everything is illegal here in the communist state of california.

i get alot of supplys straight from the source, the hospital. i have 3 kids and me n my wife are somewhat clumzy, so im there quite a bit more than average. i get whatever i can. ask the nurses for stuff too, ive gotten iodine, gauze etc.
also, i have family members with MS, and other shit and they have supplys for days, i just ask.
i almost need a seperate pack just for my med supplys atm.

Latest posts

Back