medical question

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustang592

Reaction score
ok first of all i would like to say
ive been trying to get my parents to buy extra food to stock up on food and other items

but everytime i say something about they bring their medical history in and say even if we did prep none of us would be alive for long

heres why

mom:
has Rumatiod arthritis
and other stuff (will update tmro)

Dad has:
high blood pressure
sleep apnia

Me:
i have seizures (i think i grew out of them but im not sure)
also have ADHD
RLS
and possibly more i dont remember (my memory sux)

i was wondering if there was some herbs,otc medicines, or anything we could stockpile for our survival

If they don't want to prep - you can't make them prep.

Find yourself a couple of places as far away from your parents as you can possibly get.

Start hoarding supplies for yourself and save your money until you can move out.

Nothing in your medical history or theirs is life threatening.

what potter says may sound cold hearted.but there's truth in what he says..cant make a person prep when they don't want to..my mom has Rheumatoid arthritis degenerative bone structure and high blood pressure.among other things.and she's not into prepping.but she pretty well leaves me alone when it comes to my prepping..what you might try doing when it comes to your folks..is go ahead and prep as you see fit.while keeping things from that they don't know about..and if it comes to dog eat dog..where you have to decide to either prep or your folks..id go with prepping..on account i have no intentions of becoming a victim after a shtf situation happens

ok first of all i would like to say
ive been trying to get my parents to buy extra food to stock up on food and other items

but everytime i say something about they bring their medical history in and say even if we did prep none of us would be alive for long

heres why

mom:
has Rumatiod arthritis

Dad has:
high blood pressure
sleep apnia

Me:
i have seizures (i think i grew out of them but im not sure)
also have ADHD
RLS
and possibly more i dont remember (my memory sux)

i was wondering if there was some herbs,otc medicines, or anything we could stockpile for our survival

Potter County Man is correct, you may have grown out of your seizures, as for ADHD as you get older you will learn how to control that. Cayenne pepper will help with the RA if mixed with some lotion to help with circulation, cayenne pepper is also known to help lower blood pressure along with diet and exercise. There is something that you have to learn! You can't make non preppers prep, and you can't get anti gunners to see things your/our way. So get your ducks in line! Find some people that are like minded. Start your thing far far away.
You are young, so start your life long journey, prepping tends to be a way of life, building of knowledge, as well as preps, try to get you a core group. Keep your preps to your self for various reasons, you will find out. You talk to people at work church... people's will tell you if things go bad we coming to your place. Your response will be, what will you have to offer other than a need for my/our savings account. What we do is our savings or investment accounts.

Good luck, be safe, and God bless!

doc as i get older (im 21 turning 22 in may) my adhd is getting worst i go to the doctor friday morn to talk to her about my adhd to try to get medicine so i can focus in school (goin to college for web design) also ill be able to remember stuff (hopefally) so if i read a book i should be able to remember what i read

Bro, you may be the rare individual, from what I have seen most people start getting a handle on it in there late 30s. By all means get the meds if they help you concentrate. I am 51, and still have my days, my mind takes off and leaves me behind. Thank GOD it has never happened at work, or maybe at work I have to stay a head of the curve in an emergency and my mind uses it to my advantage. Ask your Dr. And see if he/she can give you some ideas to help you channle or use to your advantage. When I was in school my mind would wonder so bad I could not concentrate! I would have to read most things 4-5 times to remember them. Drank a lot of espresso, now days they use medications that if someone other than a person ADHD took it they would be speeding there buts off. Best wishes at Doctor's on Friday! :)

Bro, you may be the rare individual, from what I have seen most people start getting a handle on it in there late 30s. By all means get the meds if they help you concentrate. I am 51, and still have my days, my mind takes off and leaves me behind. Thank GOD it has never happened at work, or maybe at work I have to stay a head of the curve in an emergency and my mind uses it to my advantage. Ask your Dr. And see if he/she can give you some ideas to help you channle or use to your advantage. When I was in school my mind would wonder so bad I could not concentrate! I would have to read most things 4-5 times to remember them. Drank a lot of espresso, now days they use medications that if someone other than a person ADHD took it they would be speeding there buts off. Best wishes at Doctor's on Friday! :)

ya my mind races where im trying to sleep(i may have sleeping disorders or it might be my adhd) i cannot concentrate at all i have no energy it sux b.c i love to be outside and i think my adhd is making me stay inside (smoking doesnt help i need to uit smoking to)

My mind races now when I am trying to go to sleep when I am not at the station! That is just one more thing I think I have learned. When I am on duty when there is a slack time if there is a slack time, I lay back in the recliner or hit the rack I am out till the tones or my beeper wails. Well I guess I better put this pad down for the day 0600 comes early, shift latter today! What the heck 4 hrs IM' good.

Mustang, do you find yourself counting? Maybe you have or have not noticed! Think about it, if so be sure to tell the DOC.

Good luck, be safe, and God bless

Latest posts

Back