Meatless meat not doing so well

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
The market for meatless meat is not as big as they thought...DUH!
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pla...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark
iu

I have no desire to even try it. Can only imagine what they have to add in to their base to make it meat flavored, , , , , and textured?? I do get a weak stomach at times and would imagine that may be one of those moments. I'm fine with just veggies with a little meat added in for flavorings like squash with bacon or smoked sausage, but my guy is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. He wouldnt have it any other way.

I have no desire to even try it. Can only imagine what they have to add in to their base to make it meat flavored, , , , , and textured?? I do get a weak stomach at times and would imagine that may be one of those moments. I'm fine with just veggies with a little meat added in for flavorings like squash with bacon or smoked sausage, but my guy is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. He wouldnt have it any other way.
I like veggie pizzas, (but still with mozzarella). I also like portabella sandwiches. But they aren't pretending to be something they are not.

Long ago I told my son ,"We are men, and men eat meat. We are not obligate carnovours. We are omnivours. So a little popcorn with butter. Or a pizza with tomato and peppers won't kill us. Nor will an occasional salad. But men eat meat, and something has to die for that.

Long ago I told my son ,"We are men, and men eat meat. We are not obligate carnovours. We are omnivours. So a little popcorn with butter. Or a pizza with tomato and peppers won't kill us. Nor will an occasional salad. But men eat meat, and something has to die for that.

God Bless the vegetarians, but I need a double mega, jumbo, super gonzo sized hamburger every once in a while.

dish_thumbnail.jpg

When i feel like eating meat - then i order or buy meat.
When i feel like eating vegetables - then i order or buy vegetables.
When i feel like eating fruits - then i order or buy fruits.
Same with all other food.

Everything else is self-deception.
When I feel like eating fruit and vegetables, I wait a little while until it passes.

Up until just recently I was strictly a meat and bread eater, but then my doctor advised adding fruits and vegetables to the diet if I wanted to stay healthy.

Not loading my body with ground bugs, excessive soy, or artificial ingredients.
I'll just eat cheetos if I want to do that.

Cheetos are at the very base of my food pyramid along with pizza, ice cream and beer. Are you saying I am gettng bugs in my cheetos?

For me, soy substitutes have a flaw. I used to make fun of Geritol but old people really do need more iron. The primary source of iron is meat. Without the iron I get run down in a few days. I always prefer meat meals, especially beef, because they make me feel better.

Husband ordered online some russian candy bars once and dared our kids to try them. They had blood added to them to add iron to children's diet. Didn't taste bad.
I like meat. I don't feel right if I don't eat meat.

Latest posts

Back