Me Ebaying Homemade soap

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Kenny Lee

Reaction score
This is me being a dork and trying to hawk my stuff to make a buck so I can move out and prep :)

I don't really expect anyone to buy anything there, but it would be super duper helpful if people clicked on the link, and then clicked on "see other items".

Why am I doing this? Because I am a new seller with low visibility, the more clicks I get, the higher up on the list people will see my items. Thanks a lot!

I plan on making a zombie survival fun soap in the future for the preppers with activated charcoal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151036365247?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Here are some pictures.

nr3(2).jpg2013-04-27_19-55-24_235.jpg2013-04-27_13-05-57_976.jpgchar1.jpg

Kenny Lee

Reaction score
So far it is melt and pour soap because it is fast to sell, but I am making lye cold process stuff right now, just made a lye coffee soap.

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
I love coffee soap for the kitchen. Takes the stink of onions and fish right off your hands! I like your molds. My hubs made mine, they are just wood molds to cut slabs from, but each one holds enough for 24 4oz bars of soap. What fat did you use for the lye soap? I'm just curious, you can tell me to take a flying leap.

Kenny Lee

Reaction score
Thanks, the molds are either silicon bakeware molds, or plastic soap molds. The bamboo one is from brambleberry.

Only been doing this for a few weeks but it has been crazy fun and addictive, like cooking. Is it making me money yet? No, but like I said, it sure is fun like a hobby.

The recipe for the coffee soap is

oils
1.2 oz castor
12 oz olive oil
6 oz cocnut oil
4.8 oz of sunflower oil

Lye Solution
3.481 oz. lye
7.92 oz. water.

I inserted a strip of goat's milk melt and pour for a visual pop.

cooff.jpg

I need to plate it up and make it look prettier tonight with coffee beans and stuff to sell on ebay. That is just a rough picture after I cut it last night.

Currently making a "luxury bar" with almond oil and shea butter, but I just made it last night and hasn't been cut yet, don't know if it is any good. I noticed some clear liquid coming from cracks near the top. I tasted it with my tongue, no zap, looks like clear glycerin? I bought some pH strips on ebay to see if it will be safe.

I also purchased 11 lbs. of beef fat for 2.93, like .25 cents a pound! \0/ Cowboy soap is next, currently the fat is rendering in my oven.

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
LOL, soon you will be like me. I literally have shelves of wrapped soaps that I sell at the farmers market, festivals, word of mouth, and on line. It is an addicting habit.

Bravery

Reaction score
LOL, soon you will be like me. I literally have shelves of wrapped soaps that I sell at the farmers market, festivals, word of mouth, and on line. It is an addicting habit.
Hey Sweater... show us your stuff!!! Who doesn't need soap?!?

What if you made some Prepper Soap? For those looking to Bug Out... covers your skin in camo paint and leaves you smelling like dirt. :D Really, I'd love to see your products!!!!

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Bravery, I can't even post a picture of my kid here. I'd love to show off some of my soap, but Windows 8 hates me. I'd have to email the pictures to someone and have them post the pictures for me because I am a Luddite.

Speaking of camo soap, I actually make a soap for little kids and not so little kids that acts like soap crayons. The kids can write on themselves, the tub, the shower wall, whatever, the soap washes off and doesn't stain. It's actually pretty popular for Easter baskets and I make it in the colors of our local high school football team and the kids can write on themselves and their cars and just rinse it off later.

As for smelling like dirt, I have one that smells like fresh turned earth.

Bravery

Reaction score
Bravery, I can't even post a picture of my kid here. I'd love to show off some of my soap, but Windows 8 hates me. I'd have to email the pictures to someone and have them post the pictures for me because I am a Luddite.

Speaking of camo soap, I actually make a soap for little kids and not so little kids that acts like soap crayons. The kids can write on themselves, the tub, the shower wall, whatever, the soap washes off and doesn't stain. It's actually pretty popular for Easter baskets and I make it in the colors of our local high school football team and the kids can write on themselves and their cars and just rinse it off later.

As for smelling like dirt, I have one that smells like fresh turned earth.
You can email me the pictures and I'll post them for you. I'll send you the best email address to use for the pictures. And about Windows 8.... I bought a computer with Windows 7 on it, but I have the option for a Free Upgrade to Windows 8. I'm sticking with Windows 7!!

I bought some of the soap that Kenny Lee had on Ebay (the Charcoal soap). I think that soap would be wonderful for preppers ESPECIALLY if it were unscented! I was thinking the Preppers would like it because of the activated charcoal in it.

That Coffee soap looks wonderful.... too bad I already got my Mom her Mother's Day present.... Sheri's Berries.

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Thank you Bravery. I'll have to take some pictures this weekend and send them to you. I don't have any on this computer. Mine aren't all prettyful like Kenny's, so just warning you now. They don't look like lumps of mud, but I don't get as fancy as Kenny. I do solid lotion bars too, beeswax, coconut oil, jojoba, shea butter, vitiman E, avocado oil, and other natural goodies in those. Most of the ones sold online are made with paraffin and a quarter of the size.

Kenny Lee

Reaction score
The wavy cutter was one I picked up for I think 3.50 or 4.5 at a chef store in Manhattan. Yeah, I use a lot of everyday items like silicon bread loaf pans, muffin pans, mini-cake pans. If I had tools I would make a wood mold with wing nut screws but I don't have the know how yet, even though it looks pretty easy.

Got these two done today :)

I got way too much white going on with the second lemon soap, need to use a darker plate or buy a lemon.

Attachments

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Hubs made me several wing nut type wooden molds, meh, wasn't all that impressed with them. The ones I use now are simple wood box molds that I line with either wax or parchment paper that is cut to fit exactly into the molds and taped to hold while pouring. After it cools, I can simply flip it over and it generally slides right out with the paper. I do the swirly tops so I don't like to just flip onto a table because it can flatten the 'frosting' look.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
You know...... how bout using prepping shapes? Like making that Zombie soap in a human zombie shapes?
Hell, youd even be able to use'm as target practice with a .22 n still melt'm down n remake them.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
This is me being a dork and trying to hawk my stuff to make a buck so I can move out and prep :)

I don't really expect anyone to buy anything there, but it would be super duper helpful if people clicked on the link, and then clicked on "see other items".

Why am I doing this? Because I am a new seller with low visibility, the more clicks I get, the higher up on the list people will see my items. Thanks a lot!

I plan on making a zombie survival fun soap in the future for the preppers with activated charcoal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151036365247?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Here are some pictures.

View attachment 830View attachment 831View attachment 832View attachment 833
I have thought about making my own soap, just not sure how cost effective it is, or how simple it is.

Latest posts