May seem silly, but still...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadow

Reaction score
Okay, I know some may not consider it a weapon, but I think if someone had a staff no not the magical kind I mean like those ones used for fighting. Would be good because if you think about it they can also be used as a walking stick and if the right wood is used and the person knows what they are doing it could cause a lot of damaged.

Plus you could learn to make your own as long as you have the right stuff to do it.

When my dad was younger he was huge in martial arts...he has both a long staff and a short staff. They can definitely do some damage!! I never thought of using them in a SHTF situation- actually this post reminded me of them :)
Maybe ill have to look into taking a few classes with them...im sure my dad would go with me

haveing one or two with a blade at one end might be even bette.i've been thinking of useing a old hunting knife in that very way seeing how it no longer has its handle

Okay, I know some may not consider it a weapon, but I think if someone had a staff no not the magical kind I mean like those ones used for fighting. Would be good because if you think about it they can also be used as a walking stick and if the right wood is used and the person knows what they are doing it could cause a lot of damaged.

Plus you could learn to make your own as long as you have the right stuff to do it.
This is the beauty of the cane! It is the only martial arts weapon that can be taken on boats, trains and planes. Most people, to their folly, won't pay someone with a cane much mind. this is why i am learning all I can about the cane!

I have been thinking the same thing all I know is my dad said he had seen guys that he knew that were dangerous and most of the time dad ended up know what he was talking about

A quarter staff is indeed a valuable self defence tool, trouble is wandering around Sydney, Melbourne, London, Newcastle, New York or LA will probably see you get arrested. BUT the good bit is many good people now carry high quality hiking poles PERFECTLY LEGALLY ( but sometimes with a limp if the cops are eying you up), often titanium and they learn how to use them as melee weapons,.

https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/leki-m...vc:c|adp:1o4&gclid=CO7WmI_WqM8CFQ26Gwodh9QBsg

leki-micro-stick-titanium-trekking-poles.jpg

I think a good cane, made out of a durable material would be a great self defense weapon. As allready pointed out here, when flying or on most mass transport, guns are not allowed, nor mace, etc. this may not be my first choice of a defensive weapon, but it's a good option. I'd like to look at some options in designs out there.

I think a good cane, made out of a durable material would be a great self defense weapon. As allready pointed out here, when flying or on most mass transport, guns are not allowed, nor mace, etc. this may not be my first choice of a defensive weapon, but it's a good option. I'd like to look at some options in designs out there.

I believe some on another forum has been discusiing walking canes made of ultra modern materials such as steel core carbon fibre.

I believe some on another forum has been discusiing walking canes made of ultra modern materials such as steel core carbon fibre.
I've got a nice decorative walking staff made of wood that's nice looking, but think for a real self defense weapon, I want steel core. Between the weight and strength, watch out for grandpa! I think a short regular cane would be better than nothing but would prefer a longer staff like one. The problem is, you don't see people with staffs, other than in wizard in movies. It might draw attention on airlines. I'll look into designs of something in between.

I think it against the law for a new one and the old ones became A..O.W

If it's a historical reproduction that's SB muzzel loaded and not breach then it's legal where muzzle loaders are allowed or simply make a breach loader file form-1 and pay the $200 tax and wait and wait and... providing it's not going to resemble a zip gun which is illegal in almost all states that falls under A.O.W.

It's faster and easier for me to get silencers, fill form 4 or NFA trust, pay $200 and wait 60 days sometimes faster depending on state.

I know that it was something like that I was thinking just a plain walking stick would do or maybe one of the ones that have a blade if you could find one that was not a cheap-o

Latest posts

Back