May seem silly, but still...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not silly at all but you need training. Just holding a weapon is not enough, you must know how to react, how to use speed, how to fake, how to deploy, etc. I study FMA but focus on using a 3' stick as that is closer to a city cane. If you were in a rural area than 4'-6' might be of use.

Watch Walking Dead...Morgan uses a staff damn well.

I prefer a good cane, as it's basically a not-so-hidden weapon you can take anywhere without question (whereas a staff....)

They do actually make tactical canes and walking sticks.

Go with the cold steel route. There relatively cheap guaranteed not yo break made out a composite material and according to YouTube tests and demonstrations brutal

Metal canes are not stronger, they are cheaply made and made to support an old persons weight end to end, not to lock a baseball bat.

With wood canes you really need to know your wood, most are made of light dry wood you would not pick for a fighting staff if you had the choice.

Composite canes, if made be a company aware of the stress of self-defense, will be tougher than both wood and metal canes sold at drug stores.

My great great grandfather, a Captain in the Confederate Army, made a cane from hickory and wrapped the handle with silver. It is thin and light, and even though it has gotten a bit warped from age, it is still strong enough to support my weight, and I'm not petite...

The silver wrapped handle would make a pretty decent war hammer in a clutch.

Latest posts

Back