March is the most important month...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
March is the most important month as a Prepper in the northern latitudes.

March teaches us that no matter how prepared we are, the one thing we cannot prepare for is depression and the lack of food.

When we start out - in the fall, after our harvest is complete, we sit back and we pat ourselves on the back and congratulate ourselves on the great job we did that year preparing for the next.

Our shelves are full, along with freezers full of meat and store bought goods.

So we sit back and we figure that we are set for the year.

November comes and goes without a whimper.

December and January seems like one big party.

February comes with Groundhogs day, followed by Valentines day - both good reasons to have a party.

Then comes March, we notice that the days are getting longer and the nights are not as cold and we acquire an appetite and start eating more.
Our outside activities increases and we feel that we deserve a special treat from time to time so we break out the canned goods. Nothing too complex, maybe a jar of apple sauce here and a jar of pears there and some pea's and some carrots and some canned meat.

Everything starts to taste good in March..

Then we notice that we put on a couple of pounds since last years and our clothes fits a little tighter and we are a little more out of breath when we go on those extended walks.

Hopefully April will be here soon, along with it will be daffodils and wild onions, leeks etc to supplement our diets until the ground gets warm enough to start planting spring crops.

I imagine that some of you have already started your tomato and pepper plants and are getting prepared for another growing season..

Think Spring!

I'm just wishing the next growing season would be good :)

thats the reason i hope i have a great growing and canning season this year..on account i want to can as much foods as possible..this way i dont have as much to worry about next season..yes i'll still have to can as much as possible during the fowwing years..BUT hopefully not as much..

Latest posts

Back