Maple syrup on the shelves

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trapper

Reaction score
What am I doing to prep? We just finished putting up 9 gallons and 1 quart of maple syrup for the year. After last year of basically none it was nice to have a bountiful harvest! A few quarts to give away and the rest will stay on the shelves. Plenty for what ever we need. Next year I may try and double that number to sell some for a little profit too.

On the land I just bought there's a lot of maple trees my grandfather a few years back used to make maple syrup but now he's to old and I'm looking to take that over ! It's actually such a great prep food item !

Tap your grandfathers knowledge on sapping. He may not be able to run the woods but would love to spend the time and teach you how to cook it down. Dont let that knowledge get away.

That's awesome Trapper. I don't know much about sugaring. Not really sure if the right kind of maple grows here in Missouri.

What am I doing to prep? We just finished putting up 9 gallons and 1 quart of maple syrup for the year. After last year of basically none it was nice to have a bountiful harvest! A few quarts to give away and the rest will stay on the shelves. Plenty for what ever we need. Next year I may try and double that number to sell some for a little profit too.
I am a huge maple syrup fan but have only had the big company processed stuff.

Thats awesome!
My 79 year-old father just made maple syrup for the first time!! Said he had been wanting to tap those trees for the last 50 years and just now had the time to do it! He is just so proud of himself. Said absolutely everything you need to know on how to do it is in one of the Little House on the Prairie books! Seriously, from how and when to tap the trees, to how to cook the sap down to syrup and even how to make sugar from the sap.

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Latest posts

Back