Making cheap fire starters!!

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

rudyc

Reaction score
i feel you, when nobody comments on a thread, same feels on reddit. unfortunately i cant see the video at work. they block a lot of things, good thing i know how to bypass a few things. ;-)

Chicknladee

Reaction score
So, it looks like it makes a pretty good flame. And it looks COMPACT which is nice. A how to video (or simply instructions for me to play around with) would be nice

Bravery

Reaction score
I loved your video! I really want to know how you make these gems. I was camping this weekend and I had to start the fire yesterday morning. Your contraption would have been a great tool. I used tender and a little fatwood... I really like your set up though.

So, how do you make them?

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Oh I do believe I could cook supper on that. Take a dinty moore can, cut both ends off so you have a ring, put some hole around the sides to allow it to draw air and you could set it over the flame and use a small wok with it for soups or stirfrys. Put a little grill over it instead of the wok and have a hunk of meat. Put a saucepan of water on the ring instead and you have coffee, soup, or whatever. Frying pan and you have bacon.

I like this and I'd like to know how it's made.

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Well see, you take a frying pan and put it over the flame and lay your bacon strips in flat. Let them cook for a few minutes before turning them over. Keep repeating until they are as crispy as you like them.

Latest posts