Mainstay Sea Rations - still good after expiration confirmed

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campandtravel

Banned
Reaction score
I just dug up a pack of mainstay sea rations. They were buried inside an ammo can. I bought them in 2007 which means they expired no later than 2012. Today it's 2022 and I confirm they are fine.

I think the package actually did open a little during that time as the whole ammo can had a faint smell like the biscuits. But it was still good to eat. No side effects except it sits heavy in the stomach (I ate too much) because it's all flour, shortening, sugar. It digested just fine.

Flavor is totally palatable, even for kids. It's like a bland cookie. I substituted it for a morning donut and was satisfied. You taste the shortening and a lemony flavor (artificial lemon flavor is one ingredient).

I didn't need water to get it down but it would have been unpleasant without liquid.

Other brands don't have vitamins. This one has a ton.

I was working in a country with a tropical climate a while back. I was amazed at the variety of fruit trees that grew wild in the jungle. I asked one of my technicians if they were eatable or poison. Some are some aren't. How you tell? He gave me some good advice. "If it tastes bad, don't eat it."

I just dug up a pack of mainstay sea rations. They were buried inside an ammo can. I bought them in 2007 which means they expired no later than 2012. Today it's 2022 and I confirm they are fine.

I think the package actually did open a little during that time as the whole ammo can had a faint smell like the biscuits. But it was still good to eat. No side effects except it sits heavy in the stomach (I ate too much) because it's all flour, shortening, sugar. It digested just fine.

Flavor is totally palatable, even for kids. It's like a bland cookie. I substituted it for a morning donut and was satisfied. You taste the shortening and a lemony flavor (artificial lemon flavor is one ingredient).

I didn't need water to get it down but it would have been unpleasant without liquid.

Other brands don't have vitamins. This one has a ton.

Obviously, nobody explained this to you. We use newbies to test expired food and new sources of food. All you do is video the experiment and post it. After ten tests, you are a full fledged member. If you have not figured it out by now, I am just kidding.

Obviously, nobody explained this to you. We use newbies to test expired food and new sources of food. All you do is video the experiment and post it. After ten tests, you are a full fledged member. If you have not figured it out by now, I am just kidding.

Oh no, not another coughing choking video. I am tired of seeing them puke.
😀
edit: just kidding! But it was funny.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back