Magnet motor part 1

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulSeeker

Reaction score
First of all this is not a perpetual motion machine nor is it something from nothing. People still think, ok I have an engine that uses gas or a motor using electricity. Your thinking of consumption. This uses the magnetism instead of consuming it. It is always there not being used up.

Part 1. The rotating mass
Grab a piece of paper a pencil and a protractor if you have it. First draw a 4 inch circle. All numbers are for quick explanation only. Make a center point and mark 3 lines from center to past outer line. They need to be 120 deg apart. At the outer point draw a rectangle 2 in by 1 in 2 in side against the 4 in circle line. Do all 3. This is your magnet center line. Rotate magnet 15 to 20 degs staying centered with line. Now bring magnet into 4 in circle so At least half the "high side" is in circle line of arc. Do all this way. Should have used a pencil huh?
This is your rotating mass.
Part 1b. The drivers
Now put a 2x1 inch rectangle, 1 in side toward 1 of the magnet center lines about an inch away from embedded rotating magnet. Maintain your center lines on all magnets. Call this driver 1. There is a 2nd driver 180 deg from driver 1. These drivers will rotate together toward rotating mass causing rotation.

Odd number magnets only on rotating mass. Even number will be counter productive. Even number drivers as well.

Give me your questions or ideas

I did but life has played some really mean games on me. Right now my finances or too low for me go on. Please everyone DO NOT run out buying items to try this. Build small one first. See how it works and go from there. As soon as I can I'll get some 1/24 scale slotcar parts, axle bearings ang ring gear and make a mini prototype. Much cheaper when mistakes occur.

Last words about rotating mass. You can use a variety of media as long as it is aluminum, wood, plastic or the like. Balsa wood is easy to shape and then saturate with fiberglass resin which will turn it hard as a rock. Start small as you see what happens you can refine a larger one.

Conventional Bearings
On your small design you can use a bronze or maybe brass bushing with little trouble. On a larger scale, say 3/4 in shaft, I think it best to use sealed bearings. There are 2 things you need to keep in mind here, centrifical force and bearing speed. Centrifical force will try to force your magnets off so try to keep your RPM's down. Make sure you know the RPM limit of your bearings. Over speed is going to cause failure here.

Latest posts

Back