Machetes

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugout

Reaction score
I got some money and want to buy a machete. I was looking at a kukri by Ka-Bar but didn't know if that was right for me. It needs to be able to clear small areas for camping and self defence. What do you guys think?

I own a few different machetes, the one I seem to use the most however is one that I bought from a "general supply store"
The make is "Gardenia" and it has a saw blade on the back. That together with a small axe is what I use in most situations.
Its also one of the cheapest machetes I own, it cost me about $10 my more expensive ones I haven't taken out of their sheathes yet.
I seem to feel to sorry for them. I do however keep my machete pretty sharp.

The one I use is the one issued before to our Armed Forces. It is a 1 piece anodized steel piece with rubber handles. kinda heavy but effective.

Yea just steer clear of walmart and tractor supply machetes ! the handles break easy made of cheap plastic and the blades are thin and flimsy,not to knock walmart and tractor supply they have some stuff that is really good in other departments.

http://www.coldsteel.com/Category/5_1/Machetes.aspx

Any of Coldsteels machetes are absolute quality! I'd recommend the Jungle machete or.....
jungle machete.jpg

The gurkha or....
gurkha machete.jpg

The Barong..
barong machete.jpg

All of these I use and love!!!!

But my favorite is the jungle!!!!!!!!!!

Yea just steer clear of walmart and tractor supply machetes ! the handles break easy made of cheap plastic and the blades are thin and flimsy,not to knock walmart and tractor supply they have some stuff that is really good in other departments.

yes wal-mart does have some cheap ones...in which i do have one..but they do have some good ones as well..like this one..andyes its a gerber..

004.JPG

The gurkha machete... That design is similar to others. I read somewhere that design was the best blade design for beheading. o_O

i've tryed the one i have on some under brush a couple of times..and it works great..but i still need to get some thing to keep it sharp thoe.on acount id rather not use my bench grinder on it

I have a 18" SOG I like . I also ordered one of the 5 packs sold by Cheaper than dirt they are OK heavy duty made in South America . My favorite was a 70's era U.S military issue the ones that the handle has a tang that extends back from the grip . With my dial up I cant seem to be able to post pictures .

Latest posts

Back