Lord help us...we are so screwed...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
“We are not broke as a nation. We are not bankrupt. We can’t go bankrupt. We absolutely cannot go bankrupt because we have the power to create as much money as we need to spend to serve the American people,” Chairman of the Budget Committee Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) said during Thursday’s Budget Reconciliation markup.

However, according to financial analysis from the Hill on Friday, citing the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC), “the federal government is on track to default on the national debt sometime in between the middle of October and the middle of November without action to raise the debt ceiling.” The United States is more than $28 trillion in debt, according to the U.S. debt clock.

“We are not broke as a nation. We are not bankrupt. We can’t go bankrupt. We absolutely cannot go bankrupt because we have the power to create as much money as we need to spend to serve the American people,” Chairman of the Budget Committee Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) said during Thursday’s Budget Reconciliation markup.

However, according to financial analysis from the Hill on Friday, citing the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC), “the federal government is on track to default on the national debt sometime in between the middle of October and the middle of November without action to raise the debt ceiling.” The United States is more than $28 trillion in debt, according to the U.S. debt clock.

I explicitly making this exact comment to my Dad when I was 9, during the 1984 Election cycle.
NINE

I’ve often wondered why every nation just can’t wipe away their debt. After all its all based on usury. Why should anyone or any nation have to toil against the heavy burden of unending debt with added interest. I think President Lincoln did once create his own currency based on the wealth of his people. That may have been one of the reasons he received a bullet to the head.

If for any reason the government declares a National Emergency for any reason and closes all banks we won't be able to get at our money, so what'll we do then?
Below: an example-

indybank-closed.jpg

At the end of every month, we pull out all left over money and put it in our safe at home. Many do not realize that their money is actually legally considered the property of the banks and is also considered the banks asset. So if the Bank is seized, it is no longer your money. You will just be considered a very minor bank creditor. At the very bottom of any monetary recovery process.

If for any reason the government declares a National Emergency for any reason and closes all banks we won't be able to get at our money, so what'll we do then?
Below: an example-

indybank-closed.jpg

This above should be a great example...if we needed them after Italy and other countries shut the banks and stole money from depositor’s accounts. They then “allowed” those same people to have “some” of their own money once a week.

Everyone should have a few months worth of extra cash in a safe place...and tell no one! Other advice is to have some gold and silver. Again, tell no one.

This above should be a great example...if we needed them after Italy and other countries shut the banks and stole money from depositor’s accounts. They then “allowed” those same people to have “some” of their own money once a week.
Everyone should have a few months worth of extra cash in a safe place...and tell no one! Other advice is to have some gold and silver. Again, tell no one.

Yeah, nearly all my cash is kept in a fireproof/waterproof wallet like this stock Amazon image, hidden among the books on my bookshelf, it's made of a funny leathery/plasticky material..:)

fireproof-wallet.jpg

However, in a hardcore apocalypse when food is scarce I won't be able to eat my money so when things begin looking seriously bad I'll try to buy food while there's still some on the grocers shelves because I wouldn't want to end up starving to death like this poor slob in 'Survivors 1975' who left it too late-
Survs-eat-money.jpg

Never, ever depend on being able to obtain food in a SHTF situation!! You should have at least 6 months worth as well as access to water and a way to make it safe to drink.
In addition to 6 months of food and water I think its prudent to have at least 6 to 12 months of $$$ to cover any event that may come up. I personally don't think that SHTF will happen overnight. I think we're in it now, and things will progressively get worse, much worse over time.

Stockpiling cash as a reserve, we all do that, but it's fraught with risk especially if your nation has large debts. People in Weimer Germany did that and in 6 months were wiped out. People in African and south american nations likewise and were wiped out when the local currency was devalued into nothingness. This is the time you want some PM's on hand to live off. Plenty of Asian and Indian (Especially Indian) store owners know the value of PM's and will happily set up an account for you if you drop a gold coin or a pile of silver on their counter.

if the economy crashes I dont think money will matter, it wont buy you anything.
I've got enough folding on hand for several months but once it all goes to hell you wont be able to buy anything no matter how much cash you are holding, the shelves in the store will be empty and businesses will be shutting down left, right and centre.
you will have to survive on what YOU personally can do, you know that word
SELF reliance.

Latest posts

Back