Lord help us...we are so screwed...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thread title now that I look at it. I have never thought of myself as being screwed, the people in society in general, sure, screwed to the wall. But it was their choice to take on hundreds of thousands in debt, their choice to be lazy and use cards instead of cash, their choice to watch TV all night long instead of engaging in more worthwhile activities.

And I don't believe the argument that they have had the wool pulled over their eyes either, they have all heard the same messages I did, and it only took one afternoon on one website to convince me to change my entire lifestyle and begin preparing for what we see today. The world really is divided into sheeple and people and the two will never be reconciled.

I'll tell everyone here now, if you are trying to convince your family or friends/neighbors about this stuff, then shut your Noob mouth before you destroy your own chances of surviving. If someone is seriously going to take this on board they will do it from the first awakening and if not they never will. The best thing I ever did was divorce myself from those I opened up to in the early days, they are total security risks.

If you really want to help someone then print out a basic prepper guide, a small one, and tell them you found it in the letter box. Ask their opinion of it with a, "is this guy serious?" sort of question. If they are a sheeple they will scan it and say it's BS and you can thank them for their wisdom and go your way knowing they are doomed but not a threat to you when they run out of food or money. If they ever do come to you for help you can remind them of that event and berate them for being so stupid, then you ask them for food because it's all their fault. And if you have done your job well and kept your mouth shut, no one will know you are doing ok.

Depower them and defund US federal government subsidizing any and all foods will in itself start (but not be the entire path to) improving US peoples' health.

Corn is cheap to grow and packed with energy and without all those low quality calories on the shelves they would look like Venezuelans. It's the only thing keeping many fed now, they simply can't afford proper nutritious food even if there was enough avaliabe, which their isn't. This is one of the natural consequences of overpopulation. Corn bread was the big staple for the 250,000 unemployed in ancient Rome. Imported cheap from Egypt, doled out by the elites to keep the masses satisfied and the streets quiet.

There are no solutions to these sort of problems, only inevitable outcomes.

Corn bread was the big staple for the 250,000 unemployed in ancient Rome. Imported cheap from Egypt, doled out by the elites to keep the masses satisfied and the streets quiet.
How "ancient" are you talking about? Corn was unknown in Europe until the late 1400s when it was introduced to the Old World in the Columbian Exchange.

How "ancient" are you talking about? Corn was unknown in Europe until the late 1400s when it was introduced to the Old World in the Columbian Exchange.

Well if you want to split hairs, Egyptian maize, which they called corn, was not the same as the corn in America, but served the same function a cheap food supply for the masses. The fact that corn on the cob is packed with sugar is just an added bonus calorie wise.

Well if you want to split hairs, Egyptian maize, which they called corn, was not the same as the corn in America, but served the same function a cheap food supply for the masses. The fact that corn on the cob is packed with sugar is just an added bonus calorie wise.
It's true that they have found evidence of maize in Egyptian archaeological sites.
Egypt is in Africa.
I said "Europe"

“No one denies that maize was unknown in Europe at the time of Roman Empire but it has been said that it was brought from the east in the Middle ages”.
https://www.biologydiscussion.com/plants/maize-plant/maize-history-cultivation-and-uses/52867

That was a collective "we" as in the whole population of the US.
Then do you you include yourself in that doc? You are part of the whole population after all.
It's a mindset, a mindset I refuse to engage in. This constant gloom and doom digging, this bewailing every corrupt political action, it gets you nowhere but deeper in the hole of "We are so screwed" Observing events for the purpose of steering clear of obstacles is one thing, but what Captain bewails the fact the ocean is full of reefs and shoals? The Captain simply notes those on the ship's course and takes evasive action at the appropriate time.

I know you're proud of America and hate to see it decline, but the native Indians felt the same way when your ancestors invaded (settled) it. It's just the circle of civilization, one day America will look like Mexico dropped on top of South Africa and you are as powerless to stop this as were the Indians hundreds of years ago. It's why I'm not up in arms about what is happening in Australia because it's all the same thing. I couldn't care less what politicians here do, I just want to be alerted so I can adapt and avoid being one of those that are "So Screwed".

It's true that they have found evidence of maize in Egyptian archaeological sites.
Egypt is in Africa.
I said "Europe"
Whatever the grain was in old Egypt the Roman's called it corn and imported tons of it. The point of my post is that the cheap grains were used to feed the poor, the unemployed. If that excluded Tacos then that was too bad for the Roman's.

https://bmcr.brynmawr.edu/2006/2006.12.09/Erdkamp does not break any new ground when he states that Sicily and Egypt were vital for supplying the enormous belly of the city of Rome. Erdkamp comes to the conclusion that 30-40% of Egyptian and Sicilian grain was taken as taxes-in-kind

I have neither the time nor desire to play word games with you.
It's wasn't a word game doc, it was a question, are you So Screwed along with everyone else? Are you going down with the masses? Survivalism starts in the mind, we all know that! But if your mind is preoccupied with searching the internet for every new offense the " Demoncrats " as you call them commit, how does that help your future prospects.

This conversation is over.

Forgive me for I have not read all nine pages of posts on this thread, but the words "we are so screwed", those are the words of a submissive, a coward, one who has given up and is willing to tolerate tyranny for fear of a good fight.

I say, Lord help us, for what needs to be done is not easy, it is not pleasant, it is not my desire, but it is damn NECESSARY and I am READY! I don't feel screwed, I feel empowered. I grew up with family that laughed at adversity, took on any challenge and wasn't afraid to fail - as long as we did our best with the best of intentions. The title of this thread alone is BS and breeds pessimism and defeat, so rub some dirt in it, stand back up, and get in the fight!

Edit: Sorry, just tired of the doom and gloom threads around here that serve no purpose. If you wanna bitch, bitch to your representatives, not to a bunch of people who will do nothing but passively agree. All this forum is nowadays is "OMG, look what they did this time". Although I mean no disrespect to the OP or anyone else here, I'm growing tired of seeing it in a community of people supposedly ready for this. Let's get back to prepping, we all know what is coming.

Last edited:
Whatever the grain was in old Egypt the Roman's called it corn and imported tons of it.
England and America are two countries divided by a common language
– George Bernard Shaw
In the US, "corn" is synonymous with maize and nothing else. In fact what we call "maize" is hard corn not sweet corn. In England "corn" has historically had a broader definition, to include things like barley, which is what the Romans were eating.
The Romans ate "barley cake."
https://romanobritain.org/2-arl_food/arl_roman_recipes-barley_cake.php

Thanks for your input. I agree, but I think you have overlooked one critical prep; and that is diversification of your assets to hedge against total loss at one location. You should think about spreading some of your preps out across the country at various safe houses. I can provide an excellent location for them. Let's start with the silver, since it is easiest to ship, then firearms, and work our way up to the cans of meat. PM me for an address. As a fellow prepper, I won't charge you anything for storing them. Be safe brother. Talk soon.
Where are you located? If I remember correctly its TX. Want a whole family to join you?

Latest posts

Back