Looting in Buffalo

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This goes to verify what preppers have been saying . When SHTF you do not want to be in a city . What is likely to happen in 2023 is going to separate the prepper and non-prepper about 6 feet . That is why I try to keep my silence when I see fallacy's in some's survival plan as I figure in a few weeks or a few months they will realize their failure for themselves . Sadly they will have to face their families with their bad decisions .

This goes to verify what preppers have been saying . When SHTF you do not want to be in a city . What is likely to happen in 2023 is going to separate the prepper and non-prepper about 6 feet . That is why I try to keep my silence when I see fallacy's in some's survival plan as I figure in a few weeks or a few months they will realize their failure for themselves . Sadly they will have to face their families with their bad decisions .

What I find interesting is when the Texas grid (which is 31% wind and solar) froze up a couple of years ago, I don't think/remember that there was much, if any, looting going on.

After hurricanes, yes. During protests, yes. Not during the ice storm and electricity emergency.

Maybe it was just too cold for the criminal element here? Weather might have an effect on a SHTF migration timeline.

I like to study behavior patterns, it is an important predictor of future events.

Last edited:
Absolutely! I would add that you don’t want to be anywhere near a city!!

When I lived in south Florida, it took one hurricane to realize what would probably happen in SHTF.

Shelves were cleared out of non perishables and bottled water within hours of a warning issued. You couldn't find a generator to save your life. Plywood was gone, gone, gone. Vehicle/generator fuel in many places sold out. Topping off a large propane tank was a pipe dream (the companies were shut down). Traffic was snarled to the point traveling 15 minutes to the north took an hour or more. Just getting out of your neighborhood and onto a major roadway (which was bumper to bumper in many places) took 5x the normal time.

All this and we were nowhere near a major city (populations in the million +). That was just in a hurricane warning. Many times, it skirted right by us anyway.

When a national catastrophe is obviously imminent, or has already hit, getting out of a high population density area, will not end with any evac original plans intact.

What I find interesting is when the Texas grid (which is 31% wind and solar) froze up a couple of years ago, I don't think/remember that there was much, if any, looting going on.

After hurricanes, yes. During protests, yes. Not during the ice storm and electricity emergency.

Maybe it was just too cold for the criminal element here? Weather might have an effect on a SHTF migration timeline.

I like to study behavior patterns, it is an important predictor of future events.
Gun laws.
Which you already know, but I just had to say it.

The city except for the reemerging downtown is a typical democratic hellhole. Even some of original suburbs have gone to hell too.
Both my kids stayed there after college. Except for them, beef on a weck, and chicken wings, I wouldn’t go back there.

This pertains to Buffalo and other surroundings in New York. I just do not understand why so many that live in that state years after year are so unprepared to deal with the elements. It should be NO SURPRISE at all when winter temps hit. Why did they not have extra winter coats, gloves, scarfs, blankets, food, water, a Colman stove with propane to cook/thaw? I'm in deep south Texas and I know to have these in my truck as a just in case. I would have thought it was a given anywhere in our northern states. I just find it very sad. . .

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-us-stranded-drivers-found-frozen-death-cars/

This pertains to Buffalo and other surroundings in New York. I just do not understand why so many that live in that state years after year are so unprepared to deal with the elements. It should be NO SURPRISE at all when winter temps hit. Why did they not have extra winter coats, gloves, scarfs, blankets, food, water, a Colman stove with propane to cook/thaw? I'm in deep south Texas and I know to have these in my truck as a just in case. I would have thought it was a given anywhere in our northern states. I just find it very sad. . .

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-us-stranded-drivers-found-frozen-death-cars/

Because they do not see it as their responsibility. They have forked that, along with every other responsibility, over to the government.

Because they do not see it as their responsibility. They have forked that, along with every other responsibility, over to the government.
I totally agree but still find it very sad. How can anybody not want to be prepared for an absolute SHTF for just a couple days packed away in their car? Makes NO SENCE for me. If I'm willing to do it in my mild climate, I would have thought that the majority would in their state.

Agreed. I expect no one, under any circumstance, to pull my ### out of the fire.

No responsibility means for everything that has gone wrong in your life, you can blame that failure on someone else. It is pathetic and the direction this society is going: parents, government, teachers, medicine...the list goes on and on.

Erie County closed the roads on Friday. Anyone driving could be given a ticket (with exceptions of first responders, medical, and food workers). Car insurance companies have been known not to pay claims on closed roads.
Even Tops grocery chain closed their stores Friday until today. No real reason for anyone to be out on the roads.
Deaths in Buffalo area were 7 this morning. Half were heart attacks from shoveling. 55 was attributed for the whole country
Looting from what I have seen , happened in areas I expected it in.
Interesting fun fact.
Buffalo airport 92 inches this season.
Rochester airport 55 miles away 9 inches. But winter is only a third of the way through.

I was elk hunting in Colorado 2 yrs ago and a freak snowstorm hit with about 20 of us up a mountain pass off in a national forest. We were all primitive camping and we got about 2 and 1/2 feet of snow that night with more falling and supposed to continue for the next week. I got up and started clearing snowith a shovel and worked several hours while all the other parties sat in their trucks with the heater on. I decided to go check on them and there was a lot of grown men sitting in their vehicles crying. Yes crying like little babies. One claimed he was having a heart attack.....I checked him out and he seemed o k so I made everyone some breakfast and told them they could come over and warm up in my tent. I'm fixing to get out . They claimed that the Forrest service would eventually start trying to find everyone and clear the road. No one had phone service, they all thought they were dying and their solution was to sit and cry with nothing to eat and limited fuel. I started clearing the road with an ax and a shovel and managed to get my rig and all up on the little dirt road and then cleared a path to them. All I got was negative responses and complaints the whole time. One guy from West Virginia kinda tried to help. The rest just kept telling me it was impossible. But 1 by 1 I got them pulled up on the trail and I started clearing a road out . About every twenty yards having to pull someone back on the road and clear another twenty yards. Long story shorter, we got down off the mountain with everyone except two boys I couldn't find. I reported it to the authorities and came home. All the while thinking about how that if this is the adventurers of today's society, we are in deep doo Doo when things get really bad. Their preparations sucked. They were big tits .and they made no effort to do anything but to try to talk me out of doing anything.such a disappointment at the condition of manhood in this country. Sorry about the rant , just telling you what happened.
Apparently they were just waiting on local officials to start plowing? Good grief. When are people going to start relying on themselves and not "officials". Especially in Democratic states, they are just working against the people.

That's why my closest neighbor is 6miles away.

I don't have any sympathy for people that live in areas that are prone to have storms and aren't prepared for them. Extra food, water, fuel and a generator. And the means to protect themselves. I would never live in a low area that floods. We have roads that wash out every year here, but our house will never flood. I have backups for backups on generators.

Latest posts

Back