looking for more ideas on my med. kit

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prepgurl918

Reaction score
I have the usual bandages,hydrogen, braces, disposable skin stapler, C.A.T,and medical books and herbal remendies books but want to explore and get more broader things.... any Ideas.

Surgical equipment (forceps, stitching thread, scalpels, etc.). Remarkably not that expensive. Even if you don't know what to do with them, someone else might, but just need the tools to do so.

knowledge on how to make antibiotics with local plants would be useful.

medicinal plants in your locality would be a plus. You _will_ run out of supplies.

I get lots of tubes of antibiotic ointment at dollar stores.

gauze pads...gauze wrap.some thing on how to make crutchs from tree branchs and tree trunks

4x4 gauze
Gauze wrap
Sam splint
BP cuff for vitals and tourniquet
Stethoscope
Pulse ox
Resuscitator
Pen light
Flashlight
Forceps
Quick clot
Chest seal
Burn sheet
OB kit
Finger splint
Manual suction
Aspirin
Benadryl
Google fish antibiotics for prepping
Tongue depressor
Diabetic supplies(if needed)
Disposable neck brace
Triangular bandages
Band aides
Super glue
Sterile saline
Snake bite kit
Eye wash kit
Hydrocortisone
Petroleum jelly/Vaseline
Polysporine
Aloe Vera
Duct tape
Suture kit

Tweezers
Exacto knife
Scissors

1000 x Ciprofloxacin 500 mg tablets
1000 x Amoxicillin 250 mg capsules
1000 x Azithromycin 250 mg tablets

Loaded .38 S&W just in case someone is trying to rob me of my first aid kit.

It's great that you have access to this level of resources as a physician Bruce, but remember many of our members on this forum do not have access to the quantities of those prescription drugs. In fact many of the people who join DPF are fairly new to prepping in general and seek realistic feedback on how to reach achievable goals. Recommending those types of levels would be unrealistic for some of our new or younger members. While I maintain a certain level of prescriptions as a licensed health care professional, I do not even have levels that you recommend. I am not trying to undercut you on your recommendation, but simply downsizing the number would be more realistic for most of our readers.

Also we have to take into consideration cost, since many of our preppers are on a limited budget. Additionally, no pharmacist is going to fill that level of prescription in one single order. I can't think of any of the physicians that I've worked for or associate with that would even consider writing those levels. Also as you are aware as a medical authority, CDC, WHO and Several Medical Associations are asking physicians to arbitrarily prescribing antibiotics because of an increase in drug resistant illnesses manifesting in healthy populations.

Lastly, we would be looking at expiration dates on these medication...stockpiling that level, will surely cause a rotation headache and also require a member to discard outdated medication, unless he has animals and could find a use for them in some veterinary capacity.

Within reason, you could certainly get a physician to write a smaller amount, I think this would be achievable for most preppers who could have a dialogue with their family physician.

Additionally, backing my friend Roninsensei...we've touched on this subject in other threads.

Last edited:
Of course. I am by no means advocating anything. I am merely sharing information. As for costs, I source most of my medication from India despite being able to write my own scripts. What was mentioned costs me about $1100 every 7 years or so, and IMO they'll still be effective after that. My favorite rifle costs more than that.

Latest posts

Back