Quantcast

Long term gun storage, how to do.

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

tmttactical

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
If they start talking about gun confiscation in real time, then run an advertisement offering them all for sale. Then when the gestapo show up to collect the guns, you tell them they were all sold. There is no current law requiring a private person to record their gun sales. Just make sure the firearms are not stored in your house. Too easy to find, even hidden in a wall. Heck there are stud finders that can see into walls. The Democratic Nazi's will have better equipment.

NOTE: the word after Democratic that was x'ed out by the software is again --- N---A---Z---I ----. Software censorship.

GeorgiaPeachie

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I’m fairly new here, so please note that I’m not intending to be stupid in asking questions, but....
If they come to confiscate firearms from our places of residence, how do we hide our guns so that their K9’s can’t sniff them out? Or their infrared sensors can’t find them? Am I being too over the top?
Not over the top at all! They have already told us what they intend to do. Why should we doubt them? Have a place outside in mind. Purchase pvc pipe with end caps and sealant. I would not put them all in one spot.

GeorgiaPeachie

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
If they start talking about gun confiscation in real time, then run an advertisement offering them all for sale. Then when the gestapo show up to collect the guns, you tell them they were all sold. There is no current law requiring a private person to record their gun sales. Just make sure the firearms are not stored in your house. Too easy to find, even hidden in a wall. Heck there are stud finders that can see into walls. The Democratic ####'s will have better equipment.

NOTE: the word after Democratic that was x'ed out by the software is again --- N---A---Z---I ----. Software censorship.
Such an outstanding idea!!!

GeorgiaPeachie

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Not enough LEOs to go door to door of all firearm owners and most Police/Sheriff departments and Officers/Deputies would disobey that order.
So true Maverick, but don’t take the chance of your Sheriff or Police not doing so. Might I recommend that we all make very certain we know and understand our Sheriff and Chief of Police well.

MNwr786

Reaction score
Anyone can feel free to come take my firearms, ill be obliging them one bullet at a time. I do not care what executive order or disaster proclamation seems to justify it, count me in for defending the Bill of Rights (note the word "Rights", not privileges as some judges have come to misread it as).

Here's the deal... there are too many gun owners and too many bullets in the public's hands to attempt that, and even if they did, it will not be our family members in uniform (that swore to defend this country) threatening our lives to do so.

Wanna make a difference in this world? Pick up a copy of the Citizens Rule Book (61 page booklet). It explains the power of a jury and how the courts have essentially made it a crime to inform jurors of their true duties. If JURORS stopped convicting people just because the judge tells them their sole decision must be based on the breaking of statutory law and not common law or common sense, these laws would disappear just like prohibition did. We won once before, WTF happened? No balls happened!

Bored? Take a look at these. Free to view the pamphlets (which are BEAUTIFULLY worded) and very cheap to buy. Lets hand some out folks!

simpleman

Reaction score
I actually took 2 old 22's and sprayed them with a lot of WD-40, coated in gun lube then I put them into plastic bags and vacuumed sealed them. I then buried them in the backyard, one under about 6 inches of dirt and the other just under a couple inches of leaves. I left them there for 2 years and when I took them out, they were just as good as when I buried them! Love my vacuum sealer!

simpleman

Reaction score
WD-40 is fish oil based so if you use it, be sure its not on the outside of the vacuum seal package. Mice will chew a hole in the bag if they smell any trace of it.
Thanks, did not know that! It was only on the guns, on the inside of the bag. I was careful not to get any on the outside, but only because I did not want it slippery and such! Guess I got lucky on that call! Again, Thanks for the info!

MNwr786

Reaction score
There are (now that I look) several websites that say that is a myth. Perhaps it does not contain fish oil. Speaking from experience, I can still assure you mice love it, northern pike love it and it smells like fish oil to me :)

simpleman

Reaction score
There are (now that I look) several websites that say that is a myth. Perhaps it does not contain fish oil. Speaking from experience, I can still assure you mice love it, northern pike love it and it smells like fish oil to me :)
Either way, I am taking your word for it! Better safe than sorry, right?

LindaSue

Reaction score
Not enough LEOs to go door to door of all firearm owners and most Police/Sheriff departments and Officers/Deputies would disobey that order.
I figure if they are going to do it, they’ll do it at the same time they give us the vaccine. Two birds with one stone. Colorado has already talked about going door to door (canvassing neighborhoods at a time) with the Covid vaccination. I don’t know if other states have discussed this as well.

simpleman

Reaction score
I figure if they are going to do it, they’ll do it at the same time they give us the vaccine. Two birds with one stone. Colorado has already talked about going door to door (canvassing neighborhoods at a time) with the Covid vaccination. I don’t know if other states have discussed this as well.
What firearms? I sold mine 10 years ago and have the Bill of Sales to prove it!:cool::USA::m4:

MNwr786

Reaction score
Another gas to use is Nitrogen , I have used this to store dry food since 2013 , so it should work for guns ,I would still consider after vacuuming to put in a tube to protect the bag from penetration, , ground frost
The nice thing about a heavier gas like argon is that it easily displaces the lighter air and the boudary between the layers is easily located with a lit match to see if the tube purge is complete. It is hard to displace all air in a tube or bag with nitrogen without first drawing a hard vacuum.