lock pic sets

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

survivalist

Reaction score
I know we have a few "creative" members that might be able to help out on this one. I would like to put a lock pick set in my bug out bag, any good reasources for such? One that could get into a lot. Even soda and candy machines. I think it would be a great reasource to have. I am sure if shtf, being able to get into locked areas would be a great help? Thanks in advance.

I know we have a few "creative" members that might be able to help out on this one. I would like to put a lock pick set in my bug out bag, any good reasources for such? One that could get into a lot. Even soda and candy machines. I think it would be a great reasource to have. I am sure if shtf, being able to get into locked areas would be a great help? Thanks in advance.
Great idea!
I would also add a "slim Jim" to your arsonal. Never know when you might need to get in to a car.

Here is a site I found specializing in lock picks.
http://www.lockpickshop.com/LS.html

Here is their page for Slim Jim's
http://www.lockpickshop.com/SLIM-JIM.html

Well I have been trying to Pic this lock with no success. Granted one hard lock to crack. It's not easy or fast. .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347910658.279368.jpg

If things get that bad, any rock will work for getting into car, any boot for house doors, and even a soda machine will give it up to a lowes home improvements Item #: 277863 can also be used for personal protection if you choose to let them get that close.
I do not in any way judge a person for thier choices of equipment, but in the end simplicity is a correct answer, and requires no training, or the time spent on some trainings. I personally think there are better ways to spend time. Time is the 1 resource that we will all find the least of as we try to prepare for anything that awaits us.
I can tell you from many years of work experience, most hasps are easier to go through than locks. Most locks can be gone around faster than through

Oh I hear ya, I just think it's a good skill set to have, I tend to go on the stealthier side. Don't be seen, don't be heard. Item # 277863 " sledge hammer "

Well the lock pic worked really well on a older dead bolt, it took about 30 sec. Had some trouble with a newer lock but was still able to get in. This thread has opened my eyes about locks and how secure they are, or how insecure they are.
I guess if someone really wants to get into something they will, but I am going to make it a real BITCH !!

Im glad this thread has opened eyes and is making people talk about it. I would prefer myself to go the stealthier route, and not kick in a vending machine. A pair of bolt cutters which I will have will get me quickly past a lock but getting into buisness' and homes if needed would be easier by picking locks. I am not a looter and do not want to destroy property, just take what I need and head on my way. Also maybe steal a school bus or camper for transportation. This is all of coure in a shtf scenario. Lol

I dont want to be a nit-picker (or a lock picker) but if you enter someone elses home or buisness for what you need you are a looter. Thats just the way it is. There is no grey area, your taking what is not yours. I just have no problem recognising there will be victors, and there will be victims.
I say if it works for you great, I do not know your exact circumstances, But I see in no possible way the need for me to sneak around, nor swipe a ride. by the 3rd day (in my opinion) bands of have nots will band together and procure thier needs, from the easiest place possible. From the thoughtless that choose to be cornered on the highways/backroads that can so easily be blocked and guarded.
I respect your opinions, but at the same time the flys that just watch need both sides of a thought to make up thier own plans.
I think very few plans should include any part of road systems, after the 1st 48 hrs.

Im glad this thread has opened eyes and is making people talk about it. I would prefer myself to go the stealthier route, and not kick in a vending machine. A pair of bolt cutters which I will have will get me quickly past a lock but getting into buisness' and homes if needed would be easier by picking locks. I am not a looter and do not want to destroy property, just take what I need and head on my way. Also maybe steal a school bus or camper for transportation. This is all of coure in a shtf scenario. Lol
People will do whats needed to survive, I am just glad my family is into prepping, being prepared is some what comforting.

It will become a lifestyle, you will see many uses for everyday things.
Anyone even thinking about prepping is way ahead of the masses.
We have atleast recognised the value to our lives, and are willing to make plans to preserve it.
Some things are cold hard facts.
The meek will be gone in the 1st week, Every week after that, anyone whom did not have a plan but is still alive is a predator. It is that simple.
Those of us that are far enough in the country to be self sufficient, will have to outlast these nomads.
Having a sound, real plan should be comforting.

People will do whats needed to survive, I am just glad my family is into prepping, being prepared is some what comforting.
IT does make life easier when everyone is on board. My wife has come around and seen the importance. The turning point was when we were evacuated due to a Cal Trans back hoe hitting a gas main. They evacuated us and I had enough time to grab the real necessities. She now is planning a bug out bag for everyone.

IT does make life easier when everyone is on board. My wife has come around and seen the importance. The turning point was when we were evacuated due to a Cal Trans back hoe hitting a gas main. They evacuated us and I had enough time to grab the real necessities. She now is planning a bug out bag for everyone.
Sweat

I dont want to be a nit-picker (or a lock picker) but if you enter someone elses home or buisness for what you need you are a looter. Thats just the way it is. There is no grey area, your taking what is not yours. I just have no problem recognising there will be victors, and there will be victims.
I say if it works for you great, I do not know your exact circumstances, But I see in no possible way the need for me to sneak around, nor swipe a ride. by the 3rd day (in my opinion) bands of have nots will band together and procure thier needs, from the easiest place possible. From the thoughtless that choose to be cornered on the highways/backroads that can so easily be blocked and guarded.
I respect your opinions, but at the same time the flys that just watch need both sides of a thought to make up thier own plans.
I think very few plans should include any part of road systems, after the 1st 48 hrs.
I don't plan on breaking into anyone's house, or take whats not mine. Your sure are quick to assume that, I come across locked gates by the forest service all the time, places maybe I would want to be in a crisis. So ya let the "flys" as you call them, which in it's self, in my opinion is pretty lame, that maybe it could be useful in a bad situation. Lets see you put your foot through a iron gate ! Whack it with your sledge hammer, that wont make any noise. Oh and after I pick that lock, I would probably through in the lock kill key. If I am in that situation, I am diffidently going to cover my rear, six, ###, whatever you want to call it.

I don't plan on breaking into anyone's house, or take whats not mine. Your sure are quick to assume that, I come across locked gates by the forest service all the time, places maybe I would want to be in a crisis. So ya let the "flys" as you call them, which in it's self, in my opinion is pretty lame, that maybe it could be useful in a bad situation. Lets see you put your foot through a iron gate ! Whack it with your sledge hammer, that wont make any noise. Oh and after I pick that lock, I would probably through in the lock kill key. If I am in that situation, I am diffidently going to cover my rear, six, ###, whatever you want to call it.
I have never used a lock pic set. I have wanted to learn. the closest I have gotten is the credit card trick.
What locks are easiest to pick?

I have never used a lock pic set. I have wanted to learn. the closest I have gotten is the credit card trick.
What locks are easiest to pick?
kwik set and sledge. When you get the hang of it, it is pretty easy. I upgraded the house with best locks with 7 pins, the cheap locks have 5.

Latest posts

Back