lock kill

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
These would be so easy to make. Might have to disable your locks in a bug out !!

http://www.itstactical.com/skillcom...ntly-disable-a-household-lock-with-lock-kill/
Lock-Kill-Main.jpg

Can anyone truly tell me a situation where this item would be of value?
(Exept just to mess with people right now.)

Well if i have to bug out, I am snapping them off in all my locks. I am not going to make anything easy for anyone. "Not my style"

LOL, alllrrighty then.
although it is against "my style"
I have no further comment at this time.

My "style" is generally to help anyone about anything to help them see another angle.

But I feel colt 1911 is beginning to feel like I am picking on him so I refrained.
Working with men is like working with oak, bend it too far it breaks.
Steam, bend, wait. Steam, bend, wait.
To just come out and say that is the 8th most rediculous thing I have ever heard, might have been too much yesterday.
To EVEN waste the energy on such thoughts I have no choice but to shake my head at.

OK bug out time, get bags, get wife, allrighty then you ready baby, hang on just a second I need to break these keys off in the locks, drain the hot water heater , and flatten the tires on that other car, so they dont get jack diddle diddle from here.

Yes I built on to the 1 thought with 2 more of equal signifigence, But that should put enough light on idea, for most to be able to see it is a wasted effort. Its just one more plane of thought that should be used on something constructive. Furthermore, anyone whom would need in your home, after you leave it, is just trying to survive. They had no plan, but they are still trying.

At the point you leave you have realized that the material value of the items in your home is not near the value of your lives, You have planned for the possobilities. The quilts, string, coathangers, notebook/printer paper even the copper wire and pipes in your home will be tradeable assets, to those forced to stay behind in a seriously prolonged disaster.

Anyone over the age of 14 (most likely 10 in the city) dont need a key to go through a door.

The time it takes to play with the key idea, could be much more productive thinking about adding an average of 250 cubic foot of storage space over your head in the garage with dropdown shelves, that restrict 0% of the floorspace, or any of a spectrum of other places in a home.

Just a thought.

Do you tell your guys how to wipe there ### ? You talk like a know it all, wonder if you really have any outdoor skills, scout leader huh, kind of sums it up. Not everything works for everybody, that's why there is a forum to bounce ideas around. Its not just what you think is right. Calm down dude !!

No colt, I do not tell them how to wipe thier butt, but if i happened to see them struggling trying to do it from over thier shoulders. I would feel compelled to help with some thoughts about it LOL.

As far as knowing everything, I will not go that far. I am trying to help people. Where you are is where I was many years ago, If you think you have time to make every mistake I did, be my guest. Some need to cut thier own trails. Others prefer to go places like this and learn from others mistakes.
I am nothing more than an example of many, many, many mistakes that have been corrected. I still seek confirmation on the outcome of many more choices I have made and will make.

Just FYI My sons are grown now and I am no longer A Scout Master. Though you say it like a slur, The #1 first item I would recommend a doomsdayer to find would be a Boy scout hand manual. If you had nothing in your pocket you could survive in the woods with nothing more, primitive, but survivable.

I will say I am sorry for offending you, I did not mean to.
I will say what I think needs said, not what I think people want to hear.
I agree with you completely
" that's why there is a forum to bounce ideas around"
I just took my turn in bouncing the idea, nothing more.
I have not said anything I would say was wrong, though if you think I have I would recomend reporting me.
If you feel I have nothing to offer you, there is always an ignore button in the menu.
I think I have much to offer here

What do you flys think, register and let your opinions be heard.
I am always here alone with 16 visitors every hour.
You are checking it out to either learn or see if we are worthy your time.

I prefer to learn from other's mistakes as I have made enough of my own to float a battleship on!
Can anyone truly tell me a situation where this item would be of value?
(Exept just to mess with people right now.)
For temporary fire evacuations. Something that happens around southern california quite frequently.I know it will cost a few dollars to repair the lock, and I know it won't stop the looter from breaking a window. But it may help keep the semi-honest people honest.

What do you flys think, register and let your opinions be heard.
I am always here alone with 16 visitors every hour.
You are checking it out to either learn or see if we are worthy your time.
Priceless! Couldn't have said it better! Thank you!!
I may allow people to see 3 posts then the site locks you from reading anymore posts until you fully register.

I prefer to learn from other's mistakes as I have made enough of my own to float a battleship on!

For temporary fire evacuations. Something that happens around southern california quite frequently.I know it will cost a few dollars to repair the lock, and I know it won't stop the looter from breaking a window. But it may help keep the semi-honest people honest.

Thats interesting concept............for the moment I am almost speechless.
Give me a while to ponder semi-honest people.
I will take a jacuzzi, while trying to figure out just what kind of cat would not just be detered with a locked door, but would have what he needs to pick it, but just has too much respect for your stuff to put his shoulder or foot into it.

At this time I reserve the right to rereply to this message at any time in the future, on this or any other post where it may be detremental to make a point of the art of thinking. (or lack of) I also reserve the right to change my mind, at this point or any other and agree that that is just a damn good idea that has brought to our attention.(though at this time I am unwilling and unable to do so) **All things said by me are of my opinion only and should have no physical nor phychological effect on others**, though some of my opinions have a tendancy to mentally pop peoples fingers around my neck.

I guess I lied I wasnt that speechless LOL
I also dont need that long to think about it.

Hey I am just man enough to agree to disagree about this one.

Latest posts

Back