Location is Paramount

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TicoGringo

Reaction score
No matter how much 'prepping' you do for the unknown eventuality, it will all be for naught if you have not chosen your location well. I know most of you are 'stuck' where you are for the time being due to a myriad of reasons from family to economic circumstances.
The key to your ultimate freedom and survival is a warmer climate and a distance from larger population centers. In other words the 'original concept of the family farm'; self sustaining, surrounded by nature and like minded people, far from the hordes of urban and suburban zombies, whom will want what you have worked hard for and by sheer numbers will overcome you.
It all begins with a desire, then a plan and perhaps a small group of similar thinkers!

My plan indeed..
Welcome to the forum Rico ....I'm from Louisiana, just outside the pearly gates. Tell us more about yourself . We are always glad to have new members with new insight or old insight with different angles to look at it from. Great to have you.

My plan indeed..
Welcome to the forum Rico ....I'm from Louisiana, just outside the pearly gates. Tell us more about yourself . We are always glad to have new members with new insight or old insight with different angles to look at it from. Great to have you.
Hi Bill, fortunately I recognized the direction of the country early on and voted with my feet. I realized that we needed a benign climate where we could grow food year around and that having a strong fresh water spring as our source of water was important for our long term survival. I picked a country with a small population a limited central government, no military, strong private property rights and for the most part an agrarian society. We are about an hour away from a population center which has all of the support services anyone could ask for, yet in a crisis it would be difficult for any large groups of people to reach us and do any harm. Living the sweet life . . .
I realize that not everyone can pick up and move but there are things everyone can do on an individual basis overtime or speed it up with a small like minded group and that is simply co-opt a family farm (the farther south the better for growing) a least an hour away from any serious population center with a natural source of fresh water, good land and some basic infrastructure like a house, barns, outbuildings and from there put together your own friends and family compound a little bit at a time, only limited by your imagination. Grow and put up your own food, have some on the hoof and get lots and lot of target practice!

How far south yo want me to go...my land I'm moving to is in southern Chile.
Great choice, love the area around Puerto Montt! No further South as it starts to get colder. You did good; nice people, good land, small central government and you can be Bariloche in a couple of hours for entertainment and some great wine. Live long and prosper!

Well my assumption is to head north, because all the population centers with no survival skills will head south for the winter... if they are smart that is. ;)

Why I am picking NH.

Well my assumption is to head north, because all the population centers with no survival skills will head south for the winter... if they are smart that is. ;)

Why I am picking NH.
Not a bad choice just too damn cold! Part of all of this perpetration is to make revenue neutral decisions or even revenue positive decisions... wait until you get your heating bills for 7 or 8 months! Prefer the mountains in Central America 55° at night and 75° in the daytime - the 'Garden of Eden"!

No matter how much 'prepping' you do for the unknown eventuality, it will all be for naught if you have not chosen your location well. I know most of you are 'stuck' where you are for the time being due to a myriad of reasons from family to economic circumstances.
The key to your ultimate freedom and survival is a warmer climate and a distance from larger population centers. In other words the 'original concept of the family farm'; self sustaining, surrounded by nature and like minded people, far from the hordes of urban and suburban zombies, whom will want what you have worked hard for and by sheer numbers will overcome you.
It all begins with a desire, then a plan and perhaps a small group of similar thinkers!
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hey Clyde, appreciate the welcome and when I have some time I will review the site more thoroughly. At first blush it looks to me like most the folks don't really get it and need a lot of direction and help.

Latest posts

Back