Location for short film in Texas or Oklahoma

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbotiminator

Reaction score
Hello

This is my first post on the forums. I'm a film maker trying to get a location for a short film I wrote a couple years ago. Its abut a young boy who had an older paranoid father that went into a bunker he made for possible scenarios of nuclear war. They heard the roar of rockets and went to safety immediately. They stay in this bunker for over 11 years. the boy grows up to and is in his age where he wants to break with his parents. Both his parents are willing to stay in this bunker until they die but He starts to question if its still not safe. And as you know fallout doesn't last for even a year. There are areas you cant go but unless they were very near ground zero, they should be fine after 6 months or so. The Dad may or may not know that there are other survivors and such but the boy only has a hunch that he might be lying about dying the second you leave the bunker.

The boy eventually leaves and I wont spoil the rest of the ending for you. The story is about letting fear dictate your life. The boy knew that there was a chance that he would die if he left but he had to go because what he was facing inside was not what I would call life either. Sometimes we need to let go of the fear of Death, rejection, excommunication, ect. in order to truly live. This is a story that really works in light of what happened during covid. I wrote it before covid happened but it seems provident that the story says something about letting fear rule all of your actions.

What I need is a location I can film in that would have concrete walls and general dark depressing claustrophobic look to it. I also need some form of vault door underground entrance/hatch which doesn't need to be in the same location. This is an independent no budget film that will be paid out of my pocket. I am willing to offer whatever I can in exchange, a very small amount of money or maybe more valuable would be my services in other areas. I am a very strong christian and I want this film to subtly share my worldview. This is the kind of dark and depressing story many other independent film makers gravitate towards but I want to use it as an opportunity to communicate life, real life. Not with a long winded sermon crammed into a story but a simple powerful story that people can choose to engage with or not.

If you or someone you know has resources that could help me get the locations I am looking for, I would greatly appreciate it if you would reach out. If you have general knowledge of where I could go and who I might talk to in order to find something like what I described I would appreciate that as well. I am located in north Texas and would prefer to find locations nearby Dallas( within and hour or so) . I would be willing to travel a little farther for a good location as well.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Soooo, you want us to do your work? Aren't there professional location scouts? One and done, use us and move on? I know where you can go

most states have film liaison offices for stuff like this - alllll kinds of specialty views & accommodations computerized & documented with pics - I'm sure TX has a large office ....

if you don't have the credentials to contact that office with your project >>> I wouldn't be dealing with you privately

There is lots of open land in New Mexico, one reason so many movies are shot here.

I think it would be an interesting project. I worked on a short film many, many years ago and it was really fun. I have no ability to help you from here but wish you well with your endeavor. Branden Frazier’s movie along those lines was fun to watch.

Latest posts

Back