Living on a budget

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavyRocket

Reaction score
This post is about how to live on a budget. No, not on a money budget. This is about how to live on a budget with food, water, soap etc etc. This is also just a suggestion, and something I have been doing for along time now. We know life is about to change for the worse very soon when SHTF. So here is my suggestion.

When brushing your teeth - Put a pea size amount of toothpaste. That is all you really need anyways, and I brush my teeth every other day. It may sound gross now, but after SHTF.... Well who cares then.... Right?

Bathing/Shower - If you use soap in a bottle, and a suds ball thingy (not sure what the name is ;) ) All you need is about the size of a quater. As for Shampoo. I guess it depends on how much/long of hair you have, I use about the size of a nickel for shampoo, and I also use the shampoo to wash my face while I am washing my hair, but I also have a beard. I shower 2 days a week. I have had the same bottle of shampoo for well over a year.

Water - We can go 3 days without water. So learn to limit yourself how much you drink. I only drink maybe 1 gulp when I am kinda thirsty. If I am outside working, I try to drink only 2 or 3 gulps. I try not to drink anything for lunch, or dinner. Basically only when I need to.

Food - They say we can go 3 weeks without food, but certainly is no fun. I have started awhile back cutting back ALOT on how much I eat for lunch, sometimes I won't even eat lunch. I have cut back how much I eat for dinner as well. I try to have "leftovers". One day I went the whole day without eating breakfast or lunch, and I was working outside while it was about 95-98 degree's. It was very rough, but I made it til I went home.

I'm sure there are a lot more, but those are the main things we need to live. Remember... After SHTF we will be VERY limited on this stuff, so training now will only make it easier when that time comes. As they say. Prepare as if it is going to happen tomorrow. God Bless!

I would not limit your water unless you need to. You need to stay well hydrated whenever possible. If you start off dehydrated in a SHTF without adequate water, you won't last 3 days and you'll be one of the first to die!

It is a good idea to start conditioning yourself, but I think Henley is right, you don't want to start off dehydrated

It is a good idea to start conditioning yourself, but I think Henley is right, you don't want to start off dehydrated

Well of course not, but I think you get my point. Most of us are not dehydrated right now. I am just saying ease back on how much you drink. Also every time I finish a gallon of milk, I wash the jug, and fill it with water, and store that.

i already rarely eat breakfest on most days.matter of fact.maybe once a month if that often.every once in a while i'll skip lunch as well.i have a 32 ounce water bottle in which it last me the better part of the day when im not working out side in the heat..

Latest posts

Back