Helpful Info. Lists of herbs and there medicinal uses.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for poison hemlock, I wonder if it has applications in defending your home.

I would like to find out if a concentrate could be applied to punjii sticks or, perhaps, painted on arrows and/or blowgun darts. The toxic chemical is supposed to be similar to nicotine.

Problem with putting poison on the tips of weapons is that it is too easy to accidentally poison yourself.
Back in the day, some people used poison pods that fit on the shaft of an arrow for deer hunting. Very simple affairs that had two O rings spaced apart and the neck of a balloon stretched over the gap between the two O rings. It was legal in Mississippi, but highly controversial. The only practical way to get a lethal dose was to be shot with an arrow that had a pod on it. The "poison" of choice was Anectine (succinylcholine chloride), which is a pulmonary suppressant - the deer just stopped breathing. It was a drug commonly used by anesthesiologists (at lower than lethal doses of course)

Problem with putting poison on the tips of weapons is that it is too easy to accidentally poison yourself.
Back in the day, some people used poison pods that fit on the shaft of an arrow for deer hunting. Very simple affairs that had two O rings spaced apart and the neck of a balloon stretched over the gap between the two O rings. It was legal in Mississippi, but highly controversial. The only practical way to get a lethal dose was to be shot with an arrow that had a pod on it. The "poison" of choice was Anectine (succinylcholine chloride), which is a pulmonary suppressant - the deer just stopped breathing. It was a drug commonly used by anesthesiologists (at lower than lethal doses of course)
Thank you.

Couldn't find it on here but I could have missed it but you can use black walnut husks to make a tincture using high proof clear alcohol and the husks. When done correctly the tincture can be used for clearing up foot infections, disintary, parasites and several other conditions.

1659925812037.png

This is pineapple weed. It's in the chamomile family . . . and people kill it off as a troublesome weed when a tea made from it tastes like pineapple juice.

View attachment 17054

View attachment 17055

This is mullien, which is great for asthma, emphysema, bronchitis, and croup. It should not be confused with foxglove. The leaves are excellent toilet paper.
We have some mullein growing on the back of our BOL property. Have a book touting it's many medical uses. I had actually thought about the leaves for TP, as I learned first-hand they're fuzzy and soft like Lamb's Ear leaves (another plant excellent for TP usage). I hear some people react badly to the hairs on mullein leaves though, so tread lightly the first time used that way. ;)

As for poison hemlock, I wonder if it has applications in defending your home.

I would like to find out if a concentrate could be applied to punjii sticks or, perhaps, painted on arrows and/or blowgun darts. The toxic chemical is supposed to be similar to nicotine.

Oleander....a common plant here in the south. When I was living in Florida, a local woman died of Oleander poisoning after trimming her plantings.

Couldn't find it on here but I could have missed it but you can use black walnut husks to make a tincture using high proof clear alcohol and the husks. When done correctly the tincture can be used for clearing up foot infections, disintary, parasites and several other conditions.

Black walnut can also kill horses so be careful if you have livestock.

Latest posts

Back