Lingonberry Sause Recipe ?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loomis

Reaction score
I am looking for a SIMPLE recipe to make Lingonberry Sause.
If I buy a bag of frozen Lingonberry's and bring them home what do I do with them to make a sause like cramberry sause.
Nothing gourmet. Just very simple. We love these. I call it DNA food, it just hits off our DNA like a blast from the past. No wonder they call it Swedish Opium.
Can anyone point me in the right direction???

Are you wanting to can it? Or just have it for eating now? How sweet do you want it?

This is what I would do and it's how I make syrups/sauces from local berries. I'd dump the berries in a good sized heavy pot over medium heat and then add however much sugar depending on how sweet you want it. Cook it down until it is the right consistency. If you are planning to can it then it would be a little different process depending on how 'set' you want it. If you want to can it and do not want to add any sugar at all, you'll need Low Sugar Pectin to make it work. Low sugar and no sugar jams, jellies and sauces don't 'set' up as stiff as ones with sugar. Anyhow, you'd water bath pints and half pints for 10 minutes.

Are you wanting to can it? Or just have it for eating now? How sweet do you want it?

This is what I would do and it's how I make syrups/sauces from local berries. I'd dump the berries in a good sized heavy pot over medium heat and then add however much sugar depending on how sweet you want it. Cook it down until it is the right consistency. If you are planning to can it then it would be a little different process depending on how 'set' you want it. If you want to can it and do not want to add any sugar at all, you'll need Low Sugar Pectin to make it work. Low sugar and no sugar jams, jellies and sauces don't 'set' up as stiff as ones with sugar. Anyhow, you'd water bath pints and half pints for 10 minutes.

That is something I might try. I could try cooking it down a little at a time. Appreciate that.

If it gets too thin, add butter, real butter. It helps to thicken sauces.

Hmmmm... can you tell I'm probably not a skinny woman? LOL

You don't need much of it. Just add by the teaspoon until you have the right consistency.

It won't cook down to a whole lot if you aren't adding sugar to it. Maybe a 1/2 pint without sugar and a pint with.

It won't cook down to a whole lot if you aren't adding sugar to it. Maybe a 1/2 pint without sugar and a pint with.
Ok, I'll have to see how tart they are first before adding sugar.
I kind of figured you'd have an answer for the Lingonberry sause. Your very worldly.

Thank you Loomis. I have a love of cooking and I have made good money while doing it. I had to learn to cook at a young age because my Mom, as much as I love the woman, cannot cook. At all. Fried chicken isn't done until it's black and the dog won't eat it.

I really hope I don't come of as a know it all, because I'm not trying to. I try to give the benefit of knowledge of things I've learned and perhaps screwed up badly so someone else doesn't have to.

Thank you Loomis. I have a love of cooking and I have made good money while doing it. I had to learn to cook at a young age because my Mom, as much as I love the woman, cannot cook. At all. Fried chicken isn't done until it's black and the dog won't eat it.

I really hope I don't come of as a know it all, because I'm not trying to. I try to give the benefit of knowledge of things I've learned and perhaps screwed up badly so someone else doesn't have to.
You do not come off as a know it all, but rather a very intelligent person, who has a sense of humor. You give a lot to this website.

Latest posts

Back