lets see some pic's of your get home bag

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
Picturekevinpicture010-1.jpg

well i cant upload pics, but i can tell you the little bit i have so far:
1. military style back pack w/camelbak
2. i took a small grill top off an old bbq
3. some cheap nylon (or plastic, im not sure but its from the $1 store)
4. 25 ft of 550 paracord 7 strand, i got off of e-Bay for $4.10 (you can still buy it there too)
5. asprin and pain reliever i got from the $1 store.
6. a very small med kit i got from the $1 store
7. rubbing alcohol, $1 store
8. 4 calcium alginate dressings (gauze pads) i got from a friend
9. my knives, a mechette, a small 440 stainless bowie (e-Bay $6.90) a cheap Rambo style, a folding winchester buck style folding, and a few cheap swiss armys.
10. dental floss, i have some frome the dentist, and from the $1 store.
11. i have 2 bows for hunting small game.
12. kite string
13. a flint n steel match light, it works as a flint n steel, but the thing you strike has fuid in it to light like a match as well, e-Bay $4.25
14. 3 syrenge needles, my mother n law's diabetic, and you never know when you'll need them, if for nothing else maybe a bartering idem

yes i know i need alot more, but with my poor ### im lucky to have that much built up lol

4. 25 ft of 550 paracord 7 strand, i got off of e-Bay for $4.10 (you can still buy it there too)
9. my knives, a mechette, a small 440 stainless bowie (e-Bay $6.90) a cheap Rambo style, a folding winchester buck style folding, and a few cheap swiss armys.
12. kite string
13. a flint n steel match light, it works as a flint n steel, but the thing you strike has fuid in it to light like a match as well, e-Bay $4.25
14. 3 syrenge needles, my mother n law's diabetic, and you never know when you'll need them, if for nothing else maybe a bartering idem

yes i know i need alot more, but with my poor ### im lucky to have that much built up lol
That's awesome, Well on your way. I didn't put mine together over night, it's a work in progress. Have any questions, I would be happy to help you with your kit. " prep on "

nah lol, the only help i need is money for supplies (???? LOL)
i got most of this stuff by asking family members for it, my grandfather for example, is somewhat of a hoarder, and i get stuff off of him all the time, you can get good med supplies off of people that are medically unstable (not steal mind you, or take what they might need) but for example, my mother in law has had like 20 surgeries on her stomach and takes all sorts of pills, so she has an abundance of med supplies of which she said she'd kick me down some for my pack.
my plan is to bug out to the forest area, so that's what I'm trying to supply for.

nah lol, the only help i need is money for supplies (???? LOL)
i got most of this stuff by asking family members for it, my grandfather for example, is somewhat of a hoarder, and i get stuff off of him all the time, you can get good med supplies off of people that are medically unstable (not steal mind you, or take what they might need) but for example, my mother in law has had like 20 surgeries on her stomach and takes all sorts of pills, so she has an abundance of med supplies of which she said she'd kick me down some for my pack.
my plan is to bug out to the forest area, so that's what I'm trying to supply for.
Cool, I hear ya

12. kite string

Mine, too is a work in progress! but I do like the $1.00 store idea! it is a great way to save money in the process!

Mine, too is a work in progress! but I do like the $1.00 store idea! it is a great way to save money in the process!
ya they have alot of useful stuff, but if theres a need for quality in your bug out idems id recommend bypassing the dollar store lol.
i think they have a sewing kit there too im gonna get as well.

ya they have alot of useful stuff, but if theres a need for quality in your bug out idems id recommend bypassing the dollar store lol.
i think they have a sewing kit there too im gonna get as well.
True quality is important. but hopefully we can find some good quality items at an affordable price. best to get it know before the prices really begin to soar!

I don't have a bag, I carry a 40, switch Blade, and in the trunk a camel back,field jacket,flares, MRE's, and hiking boots/socks(2 Pr.)/Gloves,pull down hat. they all fit in my jacket except the boots :)

I don't have a bag, I carry a 40, switch Blade, and in the trunk a camel back,field jacket,flares, MRE's, and hiking boots/socks(2 Pr.)/Gloves,pull down hat. they all fit in my jacket except the boots :)
Cold MRE's, no lighter, no water filter, no on the go food, sounds like trouble..

dont at least most mre's if not all need water?where you gonna get fresh water? how you gonna get out of the weather if it's raining,or if it's cold out.what if end up without your car? then what?where you gonna go? what you gonna do?chances are,no one will allow you into thier home any more then they'll let me in after tshtf happens.and i dont see that happening..im not sating you will end up in any of the situations..(BUT) what if you did end up in one the situations? then what?

dont at least most mre's if not all need water?where you gonna get fresh water? how you gonna get out of the weather if it's raining,or if it's cold out.what if end up without your car? then what?where you gonna go? what you gonna do?chances are,no one will allow you into thier home any more then they'll let me in after tshtf happens.and i dont see that happening..im not sating you will end up in any of the situations..(BUT) what if you did end up in one the situations? then what?

Will he said he has a camelback so he has some water. But who the hell wants to eat cold MRE's let alone any MRE hot. I guess he could strike a flare to start a fire, that wont attract any attention. To be honest, sounds like a minimalist which is fine, just under prepared. At least put a bic lighter in your kit.

opps,forgot the camelback..and as we all know,the water a person has on hand,will last only so long.then what?..i always have 2 lighters with me at all times..a zippo in my pants pocket.and a bic in my shirt pocket..and yes i always wear a shirt that has a pocket.be it a t-shirt or botton shirt...

opps,forgot the camelback..and as we all know,the water a person has on hand,will last only so long.then what?..i always have 2 lighters with me at all times..a zippo in my pants pocket.and a bic in my shirt pocket..and yes i always wear a shirt that has a pocket.be it a t-shirt or botton shirt...
Hey about zippo's, i have several but i find that they tend to run out of fuel fast or I over fill them and they burn the hell out of my leg, whats the tricks ? If you had a choice, just on performance which would you pick. Bic or zippo.

id choose the zippo on acount it's more dependable then a bic to me..pluse a zippo will light when a bic wont,when both are dry... zippos do burn fuel faster then i care for.so i do make sure it does have plenty of fuel before i leave the house..even then i only add enough fuel to make sure it has enough of 3 to 6 days..this reminds me.i still need a large thing of fuel for my b.o.b. that way i'll have it if needed.i buy the 8oz.. (237 ml) of lighter fuel,on acount the smaller ones dont last long enough when it comes to my lighter.pluse i just might need just enough when it comes to starting a fire and/or what ever..

Cold MRE's, no lighter, no water filter, no on the go food, sounds like trouble..

Do you even know what a MRE is? they have heaters and are a complete meal with all the "go food" you need and I smoke so I always have a lighter and i'm going home (like from work) I don't need a water filter. No trouble at all. :)

Latest posts

Back