lets see some pic's of your get home bag

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you even know what a MRE is? they have heaters and are a complete meal with all the "go food" you need and I smoke so I always have a lighter and i'm going home (like from work) I don't need a water filter. No trouble at all. :)
Well on the MRE's you are completely right I was thinking of back packing meals like mountain house. My apologies .

You fit a camel bak in your jacket? That seems awkward. They should make jackets camelbak compatible if the don't already. MRE's though would be reason enough for me to get a bag. My $.02.

I prefer a Bic. As much as I love Zippos, the bic has less smell, it doesn't leak, won't rust, and is slightly lighter. I like to carry both though. Zippos work better in the wind and inclement weather in general, and they are just plain cool.

Colt1911, I would advise filling them a little less. You may have to fill more often, but that fuel on flesh flat out sucks. I have also take off-brand and actual Zippos and put more cotton in them to help them keep from leaking. I've used gauze, but it doesn't work as well as cotton balls and even Q tip ends. Dentist cotton rolls like I use in my fire kit are probably the best things since they are so dense, but not necessarily easy to find.

i got to thinking about the zippo..it seems like it last more then 6 days on a refill..but thats mainly because it's the one i use the least..i also get my flints from bic's.when i buy bics.i buy um in packages of 4 or 5.then i'll do 1 of 2 things.i either go ahead n use the bics untill empty of fuel.then save whats left of the flint.or i go ahead and save the flint from 1 or 2 bics.and i've learned that the flint is to long for a zippo when left as is.so i use my gerber to cut them in half.this way thier not to long,and i now have 2 flints instead of 1.and one of them last much longer then the store bought flints..

Latest posts

Back