Lets see some bags!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long haul bag and my 3 day bag.
index.php

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406076292.309992.jpg

Older picture, as the belt rig has more knives and another drop-leg for mags. Also got a better 'hawk. Will likely take new pictures soon...

This is one is always in my rig. I carry a simple small pouch for EDC material and this is tucked into my school backpack.

I guess I need to take pics of my three different BOBS and later post it as an edit.

Yes a sleeping bag, fist size tent with rods fit into it all. No outside stuff is banging away. A little room will be freed up because their is a Sig on the top of the ruck.

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_0347.JPG
    IMG_0347.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 265
Last edited:
th (21).jpg

This picture is old. The style didnt really have a MOLLE system. I will get a new photo soon of my new pack.
th (24).jpg

This is my Med Kit. The new pack will allow this kit to feed on to it better.

Yikes, just did this on another thread. But basically, the bag isn't much to look at on the outside.

BOB-1.jpg

But that's a good thing, as I'll look more like a hiker than a prepper.

Of course, I also will be grabbing a machete from the car, a strap on long knife, and
BOB4.jpg

Some inside views:
BOB2.jpg

BOB7.jpg

BOB6.jpg

BOB5.jpg

My bag has actually changed quite a bit more, but mostly just higher end solutions (like windproof/waterproof matches vs. a regular box, etc.). I'll be ordering that CleanSip thing too!

This is my GHB and it is inside.
Bag.png
Bag insides.png

It is a FieldLine Tactical Patrol DayPack. Inside I have 3 disassembled MREs (to save space), 4 Clif bars, a box of .38 special ammo for my revolver, thermal blanket, Emergency plastic sheeting, change of clothes, sky goggles, ENDURA COOL towel, US and Indiana state map, copy of important documents, lighter, binocular, multi-tool, 60 ft. of paracord, metal water bottle, duct tape, first aid kit, Wetfire, 3 different flashlights, water purification tablets, matches, a toiletry bag, and scrap paper for notes.

Inside is:
First Aid Kit
- waterproof bag 4"x6"
- guaze pads; 5) 4"x6", 5) 2"x4", 5) 2"x2"
- 20 assorted bandaids
- medical tape; 2" x 10', 1" x 10', and same sizes in fabric tape
- 3oz triple antibiotic ointment
- 2 flushing syringes with 4oz saline
- 50 tablets each ibuprofen, acetaminophen
- 1 3" x 6' ace wrap
- 6oz hydrogen peroxide
- 3oz rubbing alchohol

Knives/Tools
- machete
- bowie with flint and diamond rod sharpener
- multitool
- swiss army knife
- hatchet

Fire
- water/windproof matches in waterproof case
- zippo with extra fuel
- paper
- cotton balls and unscented, unflavored lip balm ( lip balm is waxy and when rubbed into cotton or on paper it catches and hold flame better)
- dryer lint (dryer lint; works better than cotton
- flint stick (with bowie knife)

Cooking/Boiling
- #10 can) empty
- 12oz stainless steel cup
- 8 16oz bottles purified water ( total 1 gal)

Items I Remove or Replace Depending on Activity (hunting, hiking, camping)
- ammo depending on what im carrying; 25 rnds 12 ga. 2 3/4" 7.5 shot; 30 rnds 7.62x51 or 54r
- meat proccessing kit) knife kit

Random
- 50' of 550 lb paracord
- snoboarding glasses
- 2 blaze orange snow hats 1 blaze orange basball hat
- pens, pencils, and paper
- ziplock bags for waterproofing something

Thing I always have on myself
- skinning/hunting knife
- pocket knife
- work knife) half serrated
- leatherman supertool 300
- phone
- pen and paper

Dont have any food in it yet but let me know of some thungs i should or shouldnt have

I just wanted to see some of you fellow preppers bags.

Dont have any food in it yet but let me know of some thungs i should or shouldnt have

I switched to using some Mountain House brand dehydrated meals. They are light and take up little space, are easy to prepare (right in the pouch), and taste pretty damn good. Are about $6 a meal (and can find them even at WalMart), but then you are usually just putting a few in there. For this reason, I also have a metal water bottle, so I can boil the water needed to add to the pouches.

I also like the Mainstay Ration Bars (I get them from beprepared.com). They taste kind of like a lemon cooler cookie, and have daily calories. (though you will want to have a lot of water onhand for these, as they tend to make you thirsty). I also usually put each in it's own Ziploc bag, as they can crumble if stored a while.

Other food items I include are: beef jerky sticks, hard candies, cookies/crackers, raisins, vienna sausages, tunafish kits, fruit chews, trail mix, and granola bars.

One thing I added to my GHB (which I posted here earlier) is 2 small notebooks. One notebook has coordinates of things like BOL and other places. The second I will fill with CB call signs.

Latest posts

Back