Lets see some bags!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently have a MUCH smaller pack in the truck (it's basically a utility fanny pack) with basic essentials, including stuff for the gals, that will work in a pinch. The nice thing about it, is that it fits under the rear bench seat nice and tight. In a SHTF situation, this would be my smaller pack, should I have to travel lighter.

I do put my actual backpack in though, whenever I'm not driving all 5 of us around (with all of us, it simply won't fit anywhere, so the smaller pack will just have to do).

I'm going to an army navy surplus store this weekend to see if I can find a tough bag. I'd like to buy a modern pack with the frame in it, but most of what I've seen is very light weight and didn't look like it would last against a thorn bush. I'd like a thicker, tougher bag even if it's a little heavier.

If I have to have a pack frame, I'm carrying way too much, and you've seen how much crap I cram already in mine, lol!

If I have to have a pack frame, I'm carrying way too much, and you've seen how much crap I cram already in mine, lol!
No doubt, if I have to bugout I hope it's with the car! I have way too much stuff. I posted earlier that I like two bags. One for essentials and one for more luxury items, which I could drop if I had to run. I still need a good reorganizing of my bag as its been a while. The frame in he bag supposedly makes it easier to carry, something about weight distribution? I do know that having a comfortable bag makes all the difference.

I guess I'm picturing the huge framed hiking backpacks I remember. I still have one, in the garage, but no real practical use for it unless I'm going camping and want to bring a LOT of stuff, hehe.

I guess I'm picturing the huge framed hiking backpacks I remember. I still have one, in the garage, but no real practical use for it unless I'm going camping and want to bring a LOT of stuff, hehe.
I'd like to find a modern design with the waist strap, lumbar pad and internal frame, but made of heavy canvas so it will last. No matter what it looks like or is made of, comfort is still the number one thing. I remember in boot camp, all the physical stuff was easy for me, except for carrying the gear. That damned pack weighed as much as I did, and kicked my but after or five miles!

My framed pack is actually pretty light, just that when it's filled with stuff...THEN it weighs a ton. For all that, it is pretty well distributed, has the padding, waist straps, and all that, but a) too big to keep in the truck, and b) I'd rather travel a lot lighter for 45 miles).... ;)

It actually was my first attempt at a BOB (even though it was purchased originally for camping)... Before I realized I needed to pare it down (I mean, I even had goggles and flippers in there man....ridiculous...I blame WaterWorld for that one)....

I actually just got a new bag for a Longer Range GHB/BOB. It is a FieldLine Pro Series Big Game Backpack. It actually has two parts a backpack (top half) and a belt pack (bottom half). Here is some pictures:
rIW5SiY.jpg

mkJVyPy.jpg

mfvR2aT.jpg

In the top half I have:

• A hygiene kit
  • Sponge & dish soap
  • Work Gloves
In the bottom half I have:
  • 2 water bottles
  • Cooking pot w/ 2 bowls, spatula, and ladle
  • First Aid Kit
  • Biohazard & trash bags