Lets list CITIES preppers should avoid.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only really know West Coast cities. Avoid Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento, Stockton, Oakland, any coastal area on the coast and north of San Francisco especially including Portland and Seattle. If you see homeless tarps, move quickly. If you see neo-hippy-bums, especially the ones including a dog in their costume, move on. Even the police in coastal cities are not your friend. Even some Sheriffs on the coast are to be avoided. Always avoid the California Highway Patrol. Get at least 50 miles inland before relaxing.

The risk of nuclear war is slight, the risk of being raped, stabbed, burnt, looted, robbed, accused of being a white supremacist is HUGE.

>>>>> ?????????? - POST IT - don't try to editorialize and sway the responses once you do !!!!!!!!!!!

you post an inflammatory hit on cities and then bitch when some truth gets posted against YOUR aim & attack - if you don't like FREEDOM here - you need to take your petty little crusade elsewhere ...

if you knew anything about history and man's survival - cities were the only refuge during certain SHTFs thru out history <<< and >>> today's Virus pandemic is a prime example - the sophisticated med equipment and care are all in the major city hospitals - local small clinics and hospitals were shut down and nearly closed due to the lack of supplies & med personnel >>> you got the big city hospital care necessary - you lived - didn't and you died ....

a true prepper understands that every single SHTF is different and needs to strategize WITH IT and AGAINST IT >>> the ignorant that can't see past a single train of thought won't last long ...

cities are a petri dish of infections and disease due to the close proximity of its inhabitants, this is definitely the case in the UK's more larger cities, where was the worst infection rates? in the capital thats where.
where are the least infections? in a rural area like mine.
cities might have the resources but then they have the need to use them so one cancels the other.
I was brought up in a city so I can see both arguments, but whatever the scenario you will never see me moving back into a city to live.
where are the most crimes? where are the mob looting? where are we more likely to see anarchy and violence? in the cities is the answer.
if someone has to live there because of work or family then fair enough but at least be aware its not natural and its not safe.

enough

Last edited:
>>>>> ?????????? - POST IT - don't try to editorialize and sway the responses once you do !!!!!!!!!!!

you post an inflammatory hit on cities and then bitch when some truth gets posted against YOUR aim & attack - if you don't like FREEDOM here - you need to take your petty little crusade elsewhere ...

if you knew anything about history and man's survival - cities were the only refuge during certain SHTFs thru out history <<< and >>> today's Virus pandemic is a prime example - the sophisticated med equipment and care are all in the major city hospitals - local small clinics and hospitals were shut down and nearly closed due to the lack of supplies & med personnel >>> you got the big city hospital care necessary - you lived - didn't and you died ....

1 Not inflammatory or attacking ASKING for opinion.
2 Not bitching simply disagreeing in part, you must be a Dem if you dont like other opinions, Nukes ARE a threat but not the MAIN threat. my OPINION nothing more.
3 Your knowledge of history is dreadful. Cities were NEVER the ONLY respositories of refuge throughtout history, most ancient cities fell, but those citizens that fled to the wildernesses lived to rebuild, Cities like Babylon, Jerusalem, Rome, Troy, Warsaw, Berlin etc ALL fell only those that fled survived. Indeed TWICE in the middle ages people flocked to the cities to seek help from the black death only to die in huge numbers in the confines of the city walls. Huge numbers of people flocked to Dresden, Hiroshima, Nagasaki only to die in the flames.

but you are absolutely entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.

Last edited:
In our case with covid, a small city saved my husband's life. We moved from a very large city last summer. We both had covid, and my husband is super high risk. The small hospital 15 miles from us had a person doing the non approved infusions (the one he got was the Bam one). He swears it saved his life. They were not doing these in alot of the big hospitals in the cities. They were only working with the patients that were admitted, couldn't find the people/time/room to do the antibody treatments that could be used before the first 10 days of covid symptoms.
It's obvious in SHTF things would get bad in cities. But that's my opinion, too.

In our case with covid, a small city saved my husband's life. We moved from a very large city last summer. We both had covid, and my husband is super high risk. The small hospital 15 miles from us had a person doing the non approved infusions (the one he got was the Bam one). He swears it saved his life. They were not doing these in alot of the big hospitals in the cities. They were only working with the patients that were admitted, couldn't find the people/time/room to do the antibody treatments that could be used before the first 10 days of covid symptoms.
It's obvious in SHTF things would get bad in cities. But that's my opinion, too.

Here we have two very large regional hospitals both 1000 bed plus units, but are OVER capacity with patients being kept in operating theatres because there are no ITU beds available. The smaller Community and General hospitals plus the army built Nightingale hospitals are taking the excess.

In our case with covid, a small city saved my husband's life.

I've had the opposite experience the past year. Rural areas in my state have been swamped with COVID patients, to the point they've had to send patients to larger hospitals an hour or more away. Many of the urban hospitals were at or near capacity because they've been swamped with rural patients seeking medical attention. And communicable diseases are only part of overall health. When you look at chronic diseases- heart disease, diabetes, etc- in my part of the world, rural areas are hotbeds.

I've also lived in rural areas long enough to know- things get stolen. People trespass. People settle scores. A neighbor had his hay barn burned down because someone didn't let him hunt the property. A guy got his deer stand stolen because for turning a poacher in. A different neighbor was growing pot in his chicken shed and everyone knew it, even though no one had seen it. Because in my personal rural experience if you know the sheriff, or the deputy, or the 911 dispatcher- you know an awful lot more about your neighbors than they think. And there's a fair chance they know a lot more about you than you think, too.

I don't know the right answer, I don't know if there is one. But I think, in a lot of ways, we're oversimplifying.

I've no factual info on which hospitals are doing best, the death toll is not listed per hospital. All I can go on is Both local crematoria are working round the clock and services have been cut to 15 minutes, plus the Regional units are having to store the dead in refrigerated trucks ( or were cos that new articles was two weeks ago)

Exactly. Town of 600 in my neck of the woods had a big outbreak because everyone thought it was a right fine idea to be eating elbow-to-elbow at the local buffet every weekend. The pictures they took sure made contact tracing easier though.

Like your signature says, ignorance kills. A virus doesn't discriminate between red states and blue states, urban or rural. No matter where you are you're only as safe as those you surround yourself with.

Latest posts

Back