Leon Red Bone (Hawk)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thought while walking through garden. We waste tons of nutritious foods. I had some small cukes that were yellow, but not large enough to produce seed. Plus the tops off of carrots, radishes etc just go to waste.

So I made a mental list. Plantain, purslane, dandelion, bean hulls, etc. Why not throw them in a dehydrator and then powder to make our own Dinovite, Ruffgreens, etc. for our pets.

Be pickier and make a superfood for humans. I already make powders for my smoothies.

My thought while walking through garden. We waste tons of nutritious foods. I had some small cukes that were yellow, but not large enough to produce seed. Plus the tops off of carrots, radishes etc just go to waste.

So I made a mental list. Plantain, purslane, dandelion, bean hulls, etc. Why not throw them in a dehydrator and then powder to make our own Dinovite, Ruffgreens, etc. for our pets.

Be pickier and make a superfood for humans. I already make powders for my smoothies.

There's also enzymes and other nutrients added that was cooked out of the meats in dog foods, thats in the powdered supplements.

I have never heard of any of those dog supplement products. I looked them up.
What I will suggest is what the one with 9 letters after her name has me give our dogs.
Probiotics- feed your dog a quality food. 3 main companies put $$ into research, not advertising. One specific organic company that put their $ into advertising, brings my wife business. She can usually guess the food by the dogs symptoms.
Joint problems-Glucosamine with Chondroitin.
Skin problems- fish oil Tabs.
We rescued a fat stinky 9 yr old lab. She died a healthy weight good girl a month before 15.

My solar dehydrator is doing great on the dandelion, plantains, etc that I am using to make my pet supplements.

I almost have enough for my first batch. Going to add to coconut oil, turmeric and black pepper. Ive heard good things about dogs and extra virgin coconut oul with turmeruc.

There was a group on FB about turmeric balls. TUG (Turmeric Users Group). Dont know about now since I am not on.

Gave the dogs a tasting of my new dog supplement and it is a huge hit.

I used extra virgin coconut oil and a little peanut butter as a binder.

Zeus and Leon came back for more, but I don't want to make them ill. Too many greens at once could upset their systems. I also added turmeric and black pepper for Zeus' joint pain.

I havent shared a Leon lately. Here he is trying to dig in the dry, hard clay soil.

Attachments

• 20220921_182346.jpg
    20220921_182346.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Was cleaning the floor and glanced down, then squealed like a girl.

Leon had brought me a freshly killed mole. We call these "love offerings".

The the cat put a lizard in my bed, I almost peed my pants. One time it was an old leathery dead one. The next one was still wiggling.
I am so very sorry Momma. Your boy does love you in his mind though!!

Leon strikes again.......

I was loading the dishwasher and Leon decided to help. His collar gets stuck on the rack. He jumped and pulled the entire rack onto the floor and broke a few dishes.

Mom and son came out because it was so loud. Leon went to doggie jail and is not happy.
I'm sad for you Girl, but I am laughing my butt off! Poor Leon though. . . Poor guy only wanted to help his Momma out. . . 🤣

Leon strikes again.......

I was loading the dishwasher and Leon decided to help. His collar gets stuck on the rack. He jumped and pulled the entire rack onto the floor and broke a few dishes.

Mom and son came out because it was so loud. Leon went to doggie jail and is not happy.
Still got some pup in him.

Latest posts

Back