Leon Red Bone (Hawk)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After Leon barked for an hour, I broke down and used the shock mode on his collar.

I think Leon has CIPA and cannot feel pain at all. I would raise it one number and it didn't faze him. Up, up, up... I got scared and stopped and just turned it back to vibrate.

I wish I knew the number most people have to use on their dogs. He is a good watch dog though. He even barks at butterflies.
A few years ago my bil and I tried a shock collar out on each other. I dont remember what setting we finally quit at, but every setting seemed to "work" good on us.

I may have to start drinking again. He is killing me today. Yes, I have the windows covered to keep them from looking for the mean dogs. I have chairs, a table and a love seat in front too, but Leon just jumps over.

20220408_180809.jpg

The two dogs have started friend wrestling rather than the Alpha dog placement wrestling. I am enjoying the exercise they are both getting. They aren't barking when they play so that part is nice.

Zeus did not like Leon for a long time. He was too rowdy for him. Zeus is 9 years old. Lab/Pyrenees mix

Leon just grabbed a bag of kale seeds , probably about 3/4 of a cup, and dumped them on the floor. I was not a happy person.

Leon's a Beaut! and sounds like a handful! I don't want to take the topic off of Leon so not sure if this is appropriate place to post a question about dog issue in general or not...I have 2 border collies who are great dogs, but neither handle storms well. They both go a bit coo-coo with thunder storms. Lucy, in particular is neurotic when it starts thundering. I have tried multiple things to help to no avail including the calming jackets, CBD drops. Someone suggested to try dramamine. I do have some and wondering if anyone has experience for that use? The vet has never suggested that, but noting the vet has recommended works either. It is a nightmare being around them when it is storrming. Today we have only 40% chance of rain but it is thundering now and Lucy has already started! If I neet to post this elsewhere, my aplogies, please advise. Thanks!

My daughter has 3 German Shepherds and one of them eats the furniture, door frames, etc.
She gives him Trazadone. I have some for Leon too. It is for relaxation. It does work. You can it at the vet. 100 pills for $27 in TN.

I have also used Benedryl but never dramamine.

Latest posts

Back