Leon Red Bone (Hawk)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leon is super strong though. He has broken two cable leashes.

His stomach is better, but he hurt his leg when he wrapped the rope around his leg and jumped off the couch. When he gets up, he can't put weight on his leg, but after walking he adds a little weight, but limps. I think it just strained it a little.

Poor boy! The leg doesn’t sound serious. Thankfully. You know him better than anyone. If he is super strong, get him a thicker chain.

Had Leon outside and Zeus came up and made him run and jump which made me slide around. Leon went around and pulled really hard and got free. Looked and looked. Husband drove to lake and Leon saw him and came running home limping badly. Blood everywhere. He had a large piece of glass between his toes. Stuck about an inch deep. When I pulled it out he cried and I did too. So far, I have applied pressure and have wrapped it with a towel and duct tape. I gave him 2 pills and hopefully he will be calmed so I can do a better job of cleaning a dressing the wound. If it doesn't stop, I'll take him to vet tomorrow. Poor Leon. Freedom is not his friend.

Had Leon outside and Zeus came up and made him run and jump which made me slide around. Leon went around and pulled really hard and got free. Looked and looked. Husband drove to lake and Leon saw him and came running home limping badly. Blood everywhere. He had a large piece of glass between his toes. Stuck about an inch deep. When I pulled it out he cried and I did too. So far, I have applied pressure and have wrapped it with a towel and duct tape. I gave him 2 pills and hopefully he will be calmed so I can do a better job of cleaning a dressing the wound. If it doesn't stop, I'll take him to vet tomorrow. Poor Leon. Freedom is not his friend.
Resting and leaving the bandage on which is a shock

He slept all night, but should be needing to go to bathroom soon. It is so icy, muddy, and gross outside. Guess I'll tape a plastic bag around his foot.

He slept all night, but should be needing to go to bathroom soon. It is so icy, muddy, and gross outside. Guess I'll tape a plastic bag around his foot.

Yes, that works. Make sure you put an antibiotic ointment on his paw to stop infection. NuStock (for horses) works fantastic for stuff like this. Stinks, but works amazingly fast to heal wounds. Why is all the good stuff made for horses? I use PDZ in my chicken house…yep, made for horses. Best thing in the world to keep the smell away!

For future you might want to pick him up some of these dog boots. Leon is sure to get hurt again. We bought these for our boy when he hurt his paw and they work really well!

1642502924064.jpeg

I changed his bandage and it started bleeding again. He was uncooperative to say the least. I have wipes the doctor gave me for his surgery and i have vetercyn spray. Finally got a real gauze bandage and surgical tape, not a towel and duct tape. My dogs that were free to roam their entire lives never had accidents like this. Poor Leon.

Down to my last leash. Waiting for the new chain link one that should be here tomorrow.

Guess what? Yep, Leon broken this one and I was able to grab him because he is hobbled. He isn't wearing his harness so I had to just grab him and yell for help. Got a nylon rope to get him inside and immediately put his harness on. Put his Elizabethan collar back on too.

Sorry @robinjopo. JMHO. It’s time to do some work with him Or he will end up hurting you.
I took my Boxer through a 10 week course based on the Koehler Method (he was the animal trainer for Disney back in the day. They told me every week, I wouldn’t be able to train her, (she was an abused rescue). I quit at week 9 Because of their doubts.
The time we spent in training and practice was a good relationship builder. She will still growl fiercely at a large black or hispanic man, but she is ever faithful to me.
I put my 2 Labs through the same course before 6 months. They flew through obedience training and jumped head first into Retriever training when I took them to a pro. They are both working on their Master Retriever Titles
My boxer is Daddies little girl and will heel at a moments notice. It has saved her from Rattlers.
Why I said sorry, these methods use a choke collar on leash. And Ecollar used judiciously. One of my labs has been out of training because the pro burned him once to often. I am getting him back in shape To do what he loves.

Latest posts

Back