Leon Red Bone (Hawk)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then Leon said "oh look, mom's trying to put on clean sheets. I don't think so."

20211021_135515.jpg

Today, for the first time, Leon actually stood up to my Lab/pyrenees mix. They growled and postured for about 2 minutes and Leon definitely stood his ground on the food. I was dumping the bag into the container and the old dog started his growling and Leon lunged at him and yelled "no mas".

Around here we have our old big girl versus the older girl dog that we had to adopted from Granny. Granny's dog is the one that growls when our Al wants to go intimidate. I have had to take the water hose to them to break up a fight every now and then, but not too often. Sometimes it can get hard when you adopt a new dog into the "herd". Hoping it works out for Leon. Seems like he is wanting to become the leader of the pack, co watch out.

The plumber accidently left the door open and I didn't notice for about 10 minutes. By that time Leon was in the wind. I let my Lab out to follow and I see Zeus running down toward the lake. I run to road and see them both and Zeus looked at me and told Leon to run fast because he was free at last. I run back and get car and finally see them at a house by the lake. I chased Leon around the yard and then.... he sees their cat. Not good. Leon was still wearing his leash and I finally caught him. He was going in and out around trees trying to tear my arm off.

Finally, I get home and life is good. And.... I did all of this in my jammies.

Our very old male heeler is getting mean to our other dog, and they were raised together for the last 7 years. He also pees in his food dish after he eats. He can't hear much, and doesn't see well. I think he has dementia. Do dogs get demented? Maybe that's what's up with yours?
Very sadly dogs do get dementia.

Leon has decided he needs to sleep with me every night. Also, I have 3 cats that come and go to the bed all night.

Leon just lays there and looks at them because he knows if he starts barking, he has to go downstairs. During the day though, he chases and tries to play with them. They just stare at him.

My elder cat stands her ground and he can get nose to nose with her and she doesnt flinch. It's a slow process, but we are getting there.

Same here. We're hoping to get one by Christmas. The kids aren't coming down for Christmas this year so it'll be a little lonely without Gus here.

It does get lonely without your best friend. I understand. Sorry to hear the kids aren’t coming for Christmas. :confused: We had a Thanksgiving where none of ours made it, and it was a bit lonely.

Fried pork cutlets last night and left skillet on stove. At 4:30 a.m. I walk into kitchen and notice the floor looks nasty. Start looking around and realize Leon had his very long legs and tongue on my stove lapping the oil. It was all over back splash, standing on stove and all over floor.

Had a repairman coming at 8 so I had to scrub everything fast.

Lesson learned.

Was cleaning chain saw and looked up and Leon's lead was on ground and he was gone. Good thing is he had ignored the chickens who were very close by.

After driving up and down road, I see him at end of our drive. He sees me and takes off like a bullet. I followed up and down road and finally tackled him and got the leash on. My husband pulled in and I got him in his car.

Leon is one tired boy. I feel so guilty that he can't run all the time like Zeus.

Latest posts

Back