Leon Red Bone (Hawk)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leon loves his Barney.
20210130_100754.jpg

I'm going to have to put Leon's ears into a man bun because his ears stay in the water bowl. That has to be unpleasant.

No Arctic, I'm no going to do it. He might turn into Leona or something feminine.

On another note, his parents are both Grand Champions aND his sense of smell is amazing. If he does something wrong, I can put a drop of vinegar on my hand and get it within a foot of him and he stops in his tracks and barks at my hand. I don't want to jack up his olfactory sensors, so I only do it if he is totally being an ###.

Hey Robin, if you get tired of that mutt I'll take him off your hands.
I'm exhausted. The other two dogs have not taken kindly to an intruder. I'm really shocked at the Lab/pyrenees mix. He is the calmest dog every and he's turn into Mr. Growl. The Australian Shepherd mix has lived upstairs for a week. All Leon wants is to play with them. Maybe they will acclimate soon.

Sadly, dog food makers only use minimum standards they set by them selves. They don't give a damn about dogs, only their profits. The best you can do is to make your own dog food. Like guns, good ones are not cheap. Cheap ones are not good. Between species there is no greater love than a man and a dog. As a youth I bought the cheapest dog food, figuring it had to meet standards. Wrong! Ask your vet. Most dog foods will cause cancer, thyroid problems, and premature death. Dog have been around a lot longer than humans. They ate what they killed. They did not harvest corn, wheat, or beets. Read labels. Spend a little more. We love dogs, they depend on us.

Sadly, dog food makers only use minimum standards they set by them selves. They don't give a damn about dogs, only their profits. The best you can do is to make your own dog food. Like guns, good ones are not cheap. Cheap ones are not good. Between species there is no greater love than a man and a dog. As a youth I bought the cheapest dog food, figuring it had to meet standards. Wrong! Ask your vet. Most dog foods will cause cancer, thyroid problems, and premature death. Dog have been around a lot longer than humans. They ate what they killed. They did not harvest corn, wheat, or beets. Read labels. Spend a little more. We love dogs, they depend on us.

So true. My mom has ruined my Australian Shepherd mix with her cheap biscuit treats. Ive told her they are toxic, but she still hands them out. She is forbidden from giving them to Leon. He is worth too much as a stud muffin.

Feed your dogs, raw chicken and other meats, eggs, raw vegetables that many markets throw out or sell cheap. Get Dinovite and add that to there food, it keeps your dogs healthy.

Feed your dogs, raw chicken and other meats, eggs, raw vegetables that many markets throw out or sell cheap. Get Dinovite and add that to there food, it keeps your dogs healthy.
Glenn Beck does a commercial for soemething like dinovite and he says that dog food has to have a two year shelf life

Last edited by a moderator:
Put Leon on a lead while I was cutting wood. He found a pan of cooking oil I had set out for chickens and other dogs. His big floppy ears were both covered in oil and it had rubbed onto his neck. What a mess.

Then of course, he started throwing up the oil and also had diarrhea.

Fun times. Lesson learned.

Latest posts

Back