Leon Red Bone (Hawk)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robinjopo1

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
Coming this weekend. I'm going to be so busy.
Screenshot_2021-01-21-10-49-54.png

My Australian Shepherd mix is becoming mean. I walk into my son's room answer she goes after me. If she's in my room and he comes in her snaps at him. She has never played well with others. has been untrainable about jumping on my mom who is 88 next week. I think she is ill. Her hair is falling out by the handfuls and she got fat really fast. I don't want her biting someone and us getting sued. I'm conflicted.

Our very old male heeler is getting mean to our other dog, and they were raised together for the last 7 years. He also pees in his food dish after he eats. He can't hear much, and doesn't see well. I think he has dementia. Do dogs get demented? Maybe that's what's up with yours?

Could be.
Our very old male heeler is getting mean to our other dog, and they were raised together for the last 7 years. He also pees in his food dish after he eats. He can't hear much, and doesn't see well. I think he has dementia. Do dogs get demented? Maybe that's what's up with yours?
My mom won't listen and feeds them dog Milk Bone type treats all day. I've told her to stop, but she won't. Could be messing with her liver. She threw up lots of yellow bile numerous times.

I give my dog Pepcid AC when she throws up like that. It helps. I have a 14 year old Scottie male that I know will have to be put down soon. He can no longer hear and now I think his sight is going as well. He is looking pretty frail. He has always been meaner than a snake though and age has not improved his outlook on life. He is a one owner dog. Me and that is it . I have to be very careful with him around other dogs and people. BUT he is the best trained dog on the place.

Leon cried a little when I took him off the couch but then he slept all night until I started making noise at 5 a.m. he went out and did his jobs. Then he proceeded to drag me a dust mop, broom, stick of firewood which he shredded on couch, 2 balls and other toys. That seems more like a retriever behavior.

My Golden and Lab brought me umbrellas, oil filters, a deep fryer including basket, etc. It was always an adventure with them. The neighbor would make them sandwiches and they would carry them home to show me before they ate them.

Really miss my old dog too Arctic. She was half collie and half Belgian shepherd. Understood my english, hungarian from my wife and german from the kids. She would obey anyones commands if they were approved by the family and introduced to her, much like about a 5 year old child. She would open and close doors, turn on lights, get the mail, bring her bowl if hungry, dance with the kids at parties and got drunk with them, but only with Baileys, a coffee flavored type of liquor. She protected the kids from being followed at night and attacked a large man who was trying to get into the garden when my wife was alone one night in the back yard on the terrace. She would even go and find her collar and leash if we were going on a walk and could not remember where it was in the 4000 sq. ft house. Dogs are special, Cats have butlers, dogs have humans. gary

Latest posts

Back