Leon Red Bone (Hawk)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had to shoot neighbors dogs before, back when I had neighbors only 1/4 mile away. Didn't like it but they were in a pack trying to run down some of my draft horses. They were on the ice and couldn't get traction, there's no other option sometimes. One jerk neighbor threatened to sue me. The sheriff told him that he should hope that I didn't sue him. In this state we can use any means necessary to protect our livestock.

Even in the Kommunist Republik, livestock is able to be protected. Kinda the reason I told you to document with animal control earlier. The neighbors refusing to pay the vet bill would have strike 2 with me.
I purposely missed once to let the neighbors know I was serious after talking to them. Ammo is to hard to come by for warning shots anymore.
You don’t have to put up with this or put up a fence.

Thanks. He has been staying close to home. She mentioned to me a few months ago that she was purchasing a GPS virtual fence. Don't know if she did or not. We have terrible satellite service here in the woods and I don't see this working very well.

Face it, the neighbor is dishonest and irresponsible animal owner. It’s up to you to protect yours.

After my daughter and I walked the property, we decided the back side of property has too many boulders so we are looking at changing the fence to the front.
Good fences make good neighbors. How many acres do you need to fence? Will a fence on the front of your property be enough to keep their dogs out?

Good fences make good neighbors. How many acres do you need to fence? Will a fence on the front of your property be enough to keep their dogs out?
I'm only going to fence an acre because the back is huge boulders and then the other acreage is just woods.

If I let me dogs in and out the front door the other dogs can't get to them.

Whew...... Leon traveled 2 miles today. He was in the middle of the road and some nice people stopped and he crawled into their front seat.

I have driven and walked the woods all day. Maybe now my husband will see the necessity of a fence.

Leon has a booboo over his eye and his leg is a little scratched. I am so happy he was found.

She told me last night they they don't tie that dog anymore. That is scary as hell especially with my son and my mom.

If she said they were going to remove both dogs and didn't, call animal control or shoot the thing or things! I'm sorry, but seriously! Protect yourself, family, animals and property...obviously the owner isn't concerned..but then again, I live on a piece of property they would never know what happened to the damn varmits! As in...."What dog? You are lucky I Ain't seen no damn dog, ya might want to check with the other neighbors they been terrorizing!" Haa!

After Leon barked for an hour, I broke down and used the shock mode on his collar.

I think Leon has CIPA and cannot feel pain at all. I would raise it one number and it didn't faze him. Up, up, up... I got scared and stopped and just turned it back to vibrate.

I wish I knew the number most people have to use on their dogs. He is a good watch dog though. He even barks at butterflies.

Each ecollar is a little different.
Mine for example has 7 numbered levels with low, med, high on each one
i can also set it for a momentary or a continuous (as long as i hold the button)
So a possibility of 42 settings. I usually do a 4 Low Momentary with trained dogs.
A voice command is used with every zap.
Work with low settings with ”here” in non stress setting and move it up in the times you need him to do the command immediately.

My boxer was hard headed for squirrels and taking off to eat pony poop. She found out the full range. They will let you know when it’s too hot.

Each ecollar is a little different.
Mine for example has 7 numbered levels with low, med, high on each one
i can also set it for a momentary or a continuous (as long as i hold the button)
So a possibility of 42 settings. I usually do a 4 Low Momentary with trained dogs.
A voice command is used with every zap.
Work with low settings with ”here” in non stress setting and move it up in the times you need him to do the command immediately.

My boxer was hard headed for squirrels and taking off to eat pony poop. She found out the full range. They will let you know when it’s too hot.
Thanks for the info. Mine has a bell that I use as a warning, then the vibrate, then the shock.

Latest posts

Back