Leon Red Bone (Hawk)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leon is finally home after a day at the vet. He is all patched up AGAIN and also got a manicure.

They said he just lay there and let him do their work on his foot. Here it is like wrestling an alligator. They said they have the fear factor going for them. Gave him antibiotics, anti-inflammatory and calming drugs.

He has to go back on Friday to re-wrap the foot. Oh, he also peed in my car. I used vinegar, buttttttt

Poor Leon. Drugged and battered. All for his own good of course. You are lucky he treats the vet and staff well. Crossing my fingers he heals this time! My boy is nice if I leave the room. If I am there he wants to knock them down and bite. The vet made the comment once that nobody better ever come after me with him around.

Last night, I went out the back door to go to coop and the new neighbors' dog was there and started growling, barking and bowing up. I went in and called them and asked them to call her so I could go to coop. My dogs were going crazy.

This morning the dog was back and my dogs barked for 25 minutes. I finally had to cover all of the windows on back side of house. I have floor to ceiling, 2 story windows. What a pain. I had to drug Leon and put him in his cage which I covered with a sheet. They have both calmed down since they can't see.

But, last night, after I called them about the dog, their teen sons got on their four wheelers and started vroom, vroom, up and down road. Like they were trying to irritated me.

My neighbors are all elderly and they called me about them and wanted to call police. If the parents don't know that it is rude to have such noise around the elderly after 8 p.m. they are not good parents.

Yeah, I sound like Clint Eastwood "get off my lawn."

Last night, I went out the back door to go to coop and the new neighbors' dog was there and started growling, barking and bowing up. I went in and called them and asked them to call her so I could go to coop. My dogs were going crazy.

This morning the dog was back and my dogs barked for 25 minutes. I finally had to cover all of the windows on back side of house. I have floor to ceiling, 2 story windows. What a pain. I had to drug Leon and put him in his cage which I covered with a sheet. They have both calmed down since they can't see.

But, last night, after I called them about the dog, their teen sons got on their four wheelers and started vroom, vroom, up and down road. Like they were trying to irritated me.

My neighbors are all elderly and they called me about them and wanted to call police. If the parents don't know that it is rude to have such noise around the elderly after 8 p.m. they are not good parents.

Yeah, I sound like Clint Eastwood "get off my lawn."

If these new neighbors will not keep track of their dog…and it is a threat to you and yours, you need to call Animal Control on the dog. Don’t even give this dog (if you determine it to me mean) a second chance to bite you!! What if it kills all your chickens? Or comes and fights with Leon when he is out? Any aggressive dog coming after me on my property will get shot.

Long story on how I dealt with neighbors dogs on my property. And I was the new neighbor. Sometimes you gotta be really tough to deal with stupid.

Neighbor’s house is on the same hill as my back hillside,They and dogs were always cutting across on their walks, no big deal. One day I was running my girls on my hillside, and they with 4 dogs came out to meet us.

My girls healed as they we told. The neighbors jaws dropped when they saw my hip, but perfectly legal even in a communist state. We exchange pleasantries and one of their dogs started trying to mount one of my girls. I had all I could do to control myself. As they were so proud to announce those 4 were rescues, I told them that these girls were rescues and I had 2 trained retrievers that would be joining us soon.

After a couple more months of their walks, I spotted 2 of their dogs barking at my stallion on my property when I went out to feed. When he got home that day, I went up and had a little chat about livestock and them being harassed. He told me “Do what you gotta do”.

A couple weeks later, I was working on one side of the barn. Their 4 were in a 1000 yard barking match with my 2. I don’t discipline my dogs for barking at other dogs or coyotes.

I saw him arrive home. All of a sudden their dogs got louder as if they were getting closer. As I walked past the barn door, I grabbed the rifle. 4 dogs in pack mentality are 300 ft onto my property running downhill. 100 ft across the canyon, I took aim, moved to the left and fired. Their dogs left.

The next weekend all I heard was T posts being driven. The weekend after that the fence was being put up.

We still stop and chat if we meet on the road. I as the neighbor put the boundary up.

Moral-Sometimes a well placed miss is effective as a well placed shot. But ammo is getting hard to come by.

Oh goodness robin, that’s so scary. my grandfather used to shoot the dogs that wouldn’t stay off their property with a BB gun and it usually worked.

But I hope your talks of building a fence go well.

i have new neighbors behind me that brought with them a german shepherd, pitbull, and sharpei. The owners look like college kids and their dogs growl at us through the fence and are always fighting with each other. I’m a bit worried how they will react when I am boarding or training new pups in my yard so this week I’ve started spraying the water hose at the fence when they get rowdy and they are starting to stay away from my side.

Forgot the pic
20220211_122245.jpg

Latest posts

Back