Leasing Solar Power?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
While looking into going solar, came across this idea. Apparently, there are companies that will do the installation, etc. and you pay them a monthly lease fee for the solar power equipment, vs. the power company. We've been talking to one rep about this, and I'll add to this thread once we've had him come out, inspect, etc., and report on what he says. Basically, they have to see if we qualify for the program. They insure the equipment, and provide it, install it, etc. Cool thing is, come SHTF, guess what? You still have it all hooked up! Leasing company or no leasing company. Plus, you're paying less than what you'd pay to the power company. Just really seems like a good solution for getting somewhat off grid.

While looking into going solar, came across this idea. Apparently, there are companies that will do the installation, etc. and you pay them a monthly lease fee for the solar power equipment, vs. the power company. We've been talking to one rep about this, and I'll add to this thread once we've had him come out, inspect, etc., and report on what he says. Basically, they have to see if we qualify for the program. They insure the equipment, and provide it, install it, etc. Cool thing is, come SHTF, guess what? You still have it all hooked up! Leasing company or no leasing company. Plus, you're paying less than what you'd pay to the power company. Just really seems like a good solution for getting somewhat off grid.
I do like this idea!Them carrying the insurance on it is a big plus for me.
Looking forward to more details when you have them.
Do you know if this is a nationwide company?

Cool thing is, come SHTF, guess what? You still have it all hooked up! Leasing company or no leasing company.
This is the best part of the whole idea.

i heard of one situation where the couple bought and installed the panels them selfs.and that they sold the power to the power company.thenturned around and payed a small amount for the electric they use.and what they pay is only a drop in the bucket compared to what they made selling it to them tobegin with..

this is good stuff.. sounds like a long term lease situation. For myself it was a few thousand dollars to get my equipment a few years ago... for seasonal use. I'm at about my halflife now.. so I will need to put in another couple thousand for new batteries in a couple years most likely. Overall it will pay for itself even though all my living costs are paid for, and it is out of pocket to do the solar, however yeah, leasing if less than what you pay for your electricity is good.. I'd just make sure the company isn't going to leave you in a blackout for an extended time if something fails. None the less, sounds good and awsome if it costs less per month.. a lease to own might be even better :)

Latest posts

Back