Leapers UTG 3 x 9 BUGBUSTER

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grayghost668

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
I did a lot of searching and settled on this scope,,,,,yeah I am on a budget,,,but this is highly rated

https://www.leapers.com/index.php?act=prod_detail&midx=1343&allids=1343&itemno=SCP-M392AOLWQ

s-l1600.jpg

About time you told us how you liked it. For close range and quick shots, I think it is a good buy.

@Budget Prepper

Before committing to 556 or 7.62 x 39 --- check into the 6.5 Grendel. I am really, really liking what I am seeing. I have both the 556 and 7.62 but I think I will be adding the 6.5 Grendel. I can shoot the same bullet (.264 --- different brass) reloaded for my 6.5 Creedmoor. The other nice thing about the 6.5 Grendel is you can get cheap steel case (I know some hate steel case) OR high quality brass case ammo. Just a suggestion.

@Budget Prepper

Before committing to 556 or 7.62 x 39 --- check into the 6.5 Grendel. I am really, really liking what I am seeing. I have both the 556 and 7.62 but I think I will be adding the 6.5 Grendel. I can shoot the same bullet (.264 --- different brass) reloaded for my 6.5 Creedmoor. The other nice thing about the 6.5 Grendel is you can get cheap steel case (I know some hate steel case) OR high quality brass case ammo. Just a suggestion.
Yeah man! I have been wanting to build a 6.5 Grendel but I am a poor man and can't afford to drop any big money at the moment. Single income and have a baby on the way

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

@Budget Prepper

From what I've heard and researched, the 6.5 cartridges and the .300 Blackout have excellent terminal ballistics, accuracy, and range....which are all great things.

I still decided to stick with 5.56 NATO and 7.62 NATO only because I get concerned about getting ammo post SHTF.

I like the idea that if I have to scrounge, then .223 and .308 should be easier to find than .300 Blackout or 6.5 Grendel..

If I have to trade, then I'm more likely to find a customer for my excess .223 or .308 than my 6.5 Grendel.

I may be wrong, but that's how I read it.

By the time the SHTF, you will be unable to buy ammo anyway. You had better start planning to reload and also start stocking the needed components. So far the Liberals have not started requiring you register the components. You can buy these items over the internet and not have to register your firearm. I have the 556 , the 7.62 x 39 and also plan to get the 6.5 Grendal. I can use the same diameter bullet (.264) for my 6.5 Creedmoor. All the AR15 platform cartridges are too cheap to worry about reloading, except the 6.5 Grendal. I can get cheap steel case for it but I and also use brass case ammo and reload, with out storing too many extra components. The more weapon calibers I have, the greater chance for finding / reloading / scavenging or trading for ammo. I have no interest in the 300 Blackout, as the ammo is too expensive to stock, unless you do reload. Not interested in reloading the 300, the Grendel has much better ballistics. That does not mean the 300 is a bad cartridge, it just does not fit into my plans.

Storing ammo is a real good thing. I store ammo and am still getting into the reloading. The reloading process is a slow transition due to my mindset. I want everything, before I actually start reloading. I have the powder, primers, brass, dies and many accessories but still need to get the Lee Turret press and the chronograph. The press is not too expensive but the chronograph is a real killer, about $700. That requires many months worth of saving. I know there are cheaper chronographs options but since I will be shooting at both public and private ranges, I selected the Lab Radar chronograph. Nothing attached to the barrels and nothing down range for idiots to shoot at.

Latest posts

Back