Latest news on the war against Russia (official)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
06.04.21 13:32 Foreign Ministry: Fakes about murdered children are integral part of Russian psychological operations against Ukraine

Foreign Ministry: Fakes about murdered children are integral part of Russian psychological operations against UkraineThe Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine denied information disseminated by the Russian media about the death of a child in a part of Donetsk region not controlled by the Ukrainian government, allegedly as a result of an alleged strike by a drone of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the village of Oleksandrivske.
As reported by Censor.NET.

"Stopfake debunked this story as fake. Witnesses recounted what had actually happened which was that the child in question had died from a mine explosion that had been uncovered in a garage. Moreover, Oleksandrivske is located 30 kilometers away from the Ukrainian positions. Neither of the Ukrainian Armed Forces UAVs would have been able to fly that far," Spokesperson of the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry Oleh Nikolenko said on Facebook on Tuesday.

The spokesperson said "fake news stories about murdered children constitute an integral part of Russian psychological operations against Ukraine." "We all remember the infamous 'crucified' boy in Slovyansk. Just as back then, the current fake news story is aimed at inciting hatred in the occupied territories of Ukraine and in Russia, distorting the reality, and justifying provocations by Russian armed groups," the Foreign Ministry spokesperson said.

He said that it is precisely for this reason, Ukraine emphasizes to its international partners that when Russia undermines the security situation in the East, its information troops attempt to lay the groundwork by forming a media "backdrop" to justify the crimes of the Russian army. The story of a child from Oleksandrivske serves as yet another example of this template for such operations, the spokesperson said.

Read more: Foreign Ministry: Moscow aggravating escalation in Donbas by opening Russian party’s representative office

"Our strategic partners understand this perfectly and reject Russian-generated fake news stories. Russian fake news stories can be neutralized only through systematic work. Over many years of war, Ukraine has built up a significant level of expertise at the level of non-governmental organizations. Specialized centers for countering disinformation are starting to operate in Ukraine. We are also working on other international initiative," Nikolenko said.

No offense a 4 year old child was very definitely killed by a Ukrainian drone bomb, that's not so decent either, it's not always just the Russian who has the lighter on the fuse. The Russians are currently still within the borders of their own country and will most certainly remain so if there are no incursions by Ukraine into Russia.

Tell me Anaconda, how many of the dirty killer drones have you bought from the Turkish despot Erdogan and what else has he delivered to you on credit? How many foreign soldiers are stationed in Ukraine and how much weapons have you received for the future war adventure against the IWAN? You can also list how many right-wing paramilitary units Ukraine finances in which Hitler and other German SS scum are still glorified? Yes that is unique what Ukraine can do, every other country in Europe would be sanctioned and boycotted by Brussels and various other European countries long ago if it would publicly organize such a NAZI CULT.

I do not say that the Russians are clean in everything, they also have some dirt on the vest, but Ukraine also provokes this conflict every day, that's just a fact. You also take your own territory with artillery under fire and kill your own population.
If it comes to a hot war with Russia, then you will lose and become a part of Russia, but the problem will be that there are thousands of dead and I would not be sure whether a European country will assist you in a hot war against Russia, with the exception probably of Poland, the other countries will hardly accompany you on your suicide trip.
If I were Ukraine, I would shut up the hotheads in my own country, especially the Turkish president and other hardliners from Eastern Europe.
You don't have to become Putin's friend, but talk to your population in eastern Ukraine and talk to the Russians, in a conversation you will find better solutions than with drone warfare and the like.

Andaconda - certainly hope you folks don't believe Biden to the point that you are expecting that US Army armor on the Polish border to come to your rescue >>> not going to happen and Putin knows it ...
There is no need for such measures. It is enough to crash oil prices ...

No offense a 4 year old child was very definitely killed by a Ukrainian drone bomb, that's not so decent either, it's not always just the Russian who has the lighter on the fuse. The Russians are currently still within the borders of their own country and will most certainly remain so if there are no incursions by Ukraine into Russia.

Tell me Anaconda, how many of the dirty killer drones have you bought from the Turkish despot Erdogan and what else has he delivered to you on credit? How many foreign soldiers are stationed in Ukraine and how much weapons have you received for the future war adventure against the IWAN? You can also list how many right-wing paramilitary units Ukraine finances in which Hitler and other German SS scum are still glorified? Yes that is unique what Ukraine can do, every other country in Europe would be sanctioned and boycotted by Brussels and various other European countries long ago if it would publicly organize such a NAZI CULT.

I do not say that the Russians are clean in everything, they also have some dirt on the vest, but Ukraine also provokes this conflict every day, that's just a fact. You also take your own territory with artillery under fire and kill your own population.
If it comes to a hot war with Russia, then you will lose and become a part of Russia, but the problem will be that there are thousands of dead and I would not be sure whether a European country will assist you in a hot war against Russia, with the exception probably of Poland, the other countries will hardly accompany you on your suicide trip.
If I were Ukraine, I would shut up the hotheads in my own country, especially the Turkish president and other hardliners from Eastern Europe.
You don't have to become Putin's friend, but talk to your population in eastern Ukraine and talk to the Russians, in a conversation you will find better solutions than with drone warfare and the like.
I see no reason to comment on the nonsense, which completely repeats the propaganda theses of the Russian state television.
It is especially funny to read about NAZI CULT in a country where the president is Jewish ...
Why am I sure that this is insanity? But because there are hundreds of hours-long interviews with participants in these events from both sides, analyzing which you can make a real picture of events, the only problem is that not one of them has a translation into English, even in subtitles, and therefore links to them I am here I do not spread it because watching them without knowing fluent Russian and Ukrainian languages is devoid of any sense.

Last edited:
07.04.21 10:11 Invaders violate ceasefire in eastern Ukraine 14 times
Over the past day, April 6, the armed formations of the Russian Federation violated the ceasefire in the Joint Forces Operation area in eastern Ukraine 14 times. Two Ukrainian soldiers were killed.
Censor.NET reports referring to the JFO press centre Facebook page.
"In the area of responsibility of the operational and tactical group ‘East’, the enemy opened fire from 82mm mortars, heavy machine guns and tripod-mounted man-portable antitank guns near Nevels
ke (18km north-west of Donetsk); 82mm and 120mm mortars banned under the Minsk Agreements, heavy machine guns, small arms, grenade machine guns and hand-held antitank grenade launchers – outside Pisky (11km north-west of Donetsk) and Opytne (12km north-west of Donetsk); small arms, grenade machine guns and tripod-mounted man-portable antitank guns – in the area of Avdiivka (17km north of Donetsk), Novoselivka Druha (36km north-east of Mariupol), Kamyanka (62km south of Donetsk), Hnutove (20km north-east of Mariupol)," the press center of the JFO Headquarters informs.
In the area of responsibility of the operational and tactical group "North", the invaders fired 82mm mortars, heavy machine guns and hand-held antitank grenade launchers near Novhorodske (35km north of Donetsk); different grenade launchers and heavy machine guns – outside Zolote-4 (59km west of Luhansk) and Shumy (41km north of Donetsk); small arms – in the area of Novotoshkivske (53km west of Luhansk).
A Ukrainian serviceman received fatal injuries in the enemy shelling. Another soldier died when a military vehicle was blown up by an unknown explosive device.
Ukrainian defenders fired back in response to Russian-occupation troops’ attacks.
Read more: U.S. Department of State: We stand by Ukraine in face of Russia’s intimidation and aggression
The Ukrainian side of the Joint Control and Coordination Center (JCCC) informed the OSCE SMM about the violations committed by the armed formations of the Russian Federation.
Today, April 7, no ceasefire violations have been recorded.
The Ukrainian military continues to control the situation in the JFO area and adheres to the ceasefire.

It is especially funny to read about NAZI CULT in a country where the president is Jewish ...

Azov regiment and the other estimated 80 paramilitary (SS)associations are not under your president and do terror on their own account, it is well known that your mercenary regiments do not care about your president and he has no power over them.
Tell me now how many killer drones you have bought from the despot Erdogan and what do you do with them? What the things do you saw in Armenia and you want to use them now probably against their own population and the Russians? I don't get my news from Russia, I have enough other sources, and they say that you are committing the same crimes as the Russians themselves.
When I see videos like this, you don't have to tell me that in Ukraine there are only decent people, of course, constant conflict promotes hatred, but it will not lead to the goal.

Azov regiment and the other estimated 80 paramilitary (SS)associations are not under your president and do terror on their own account, it is well known that your mercenary regiments do not care about your president and he has no power over them.
Especially for you, a link to the Russian propaganda site Евреи вступают в нацистский полк «Азов» (use the google translator)
206f0c7b.jpg
You do not notice any contradictions ??? Based on the fact that you write in the photo, the main Nazi of Ukraine is clearly depicted ...
Tell me now how many killer drones you have bought from the despot Erdogan and what do you do with them?
Wikipedia does not open for you ??? If it works, open it and read it ... I can only add that in the near future we are planning to start production of Bayraktar TB2 together with Turkey and Qatar.
I have enough other sources, and they say that you are committing the same crimes as the Russians themselves.
Can you see a link to these sites ???
What the things do you saw in Armenia and you want to use them now probably against their own population and the Russians?
The liberation of their territories occupied by the enemy in this case by Russia is a legal and inalienable right of any country, including Ukraine. It is absolutely natural that all available means suitable for destroying the enemy will be used for this ...
against their own population
Colobarants and traitors are not our population. They are criminals who should be tried and punished to the fullest extent of martial law or destroyed on the spot in case of opposition.

Colobarants and traitors are not our population. They are criminals who should be tried and punished to the fullest extent of martial law or destroyed on the spot in case of opposition.

This tells me everything about you, of course you would still shoot at your own population only if you are already under suspicion that you think differently than the Ukrainian government. You have never heard of the International Law of War, which states that civilians and captured foreign soldiers will not be executed or otherwise mistreated.
You can think as you want, targeted murder of civilians and captured soldiers are the lowest, so what to mention in a forum is a strong number.
I withdraw from this topic, continue to list the crimes of Russians and pro-Russian population, but your army and your private mercenaries use exactly the same dirty deeds.

08.04.21 08:30 Five ceasefire violations in eastern Ukraine, one soldier killed
As of 7 a.m. on April 8, the Russian-occupation troops violated the ceasefire in eastern Ukraine five times, including four attacks on Ukrainian positions and one shelling of civilian infrastructure.
"The enemy opened fire from 122mm artillery, 82mm mortars and small arms near Pisky (11km north-west of Donetsk) and Vodiane in the Sea of Azov area," the press center of the JFO Headquarters informs.
A member of the Joint Forces received fatal injuries in the enemy shelling.
In the area of Vodiane, the invaders shelled civilian infrastruct
ure, using artillery.
Ukrainian defenders fired back in response to Russian-occupation troops’ attacks.
Over the past day, April 7, the armed formations of the Russian Federation violated the ceasefire seven times. All the attacks were launched in the area of responsibility of the operational and tactical group "East".
In particular, Russian occupiers fired 82mm and 120mm mortars outside Pisky and Opytne (12km north-west of Donetsk); different grenade launchers and small arms – near Hnutove (20km north-east of Mariupol), Shyrokyne (20km east of Mariupol), Talakivka (17km north-east of Mariupol) and Vodiane in the Sea of Azov area.
A Ukrainian soldier received a shrapnel wound and was promptly taken to a medical facility.
The Ukrainian side of the Joint Control and Coordination Center (JCCC) informed the OSCE SMM about the violations committed by the armed formations of the Russian Federation.
The Ukrainian military continues to control the situation in the JFO area and adheres to the ceasefire.

08.04.21 11:12 Five NATO countries hold talks on support for Ukraine – Pentagon
The representatives of defense ministries of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Lithuania, and Poland held a virtual meeting on the situation around Ukraine, as well as potential opportunities for providing security assistance.

"The leaders reaffirmed their unwavering support for Ukraine’s sovereignty, territorial integrity, and Euro-Atlantic aspirations and discussed concerns about the increase in Russian military activity in the region. Russia’s destabilizing actions undermine the de-escalation in tensions achieved through the OSCE-brokered agreement on July 27, 2020," says the readout of Acting Under Secretary of Defense Amanda Dory's participation in a multinational roundtable on Ukraine on April 7.

As noted, the parties reiterated their commitment to providing training and support to build the capacity of Ukraine’s forces to preserve the country’s territorial integrity and continue progress toward NATO interoperability.

The meeting was initiated and hosted by UK Secretary of State for Defence Ben Wallace.

Read more: White House: US supports Ukraine's accession to NATO

As a reminder, the United States, Western countries and NATO have expressed strong support for Ukraine against the background of escalation in Donbas and build-up of Russian forces along the Ukrainian border.

09.04.21 08:00 Invaders violate ceasefire in eastern Ukraine 15 times
Over the past day, April 8, the armed formations of the Russian Federation violated the ceasefire in the Joint Forces Operation area in eastern Ukraine 15 times.
"Over the past day, April 8, the armed formations of the Russian Federation violated the ceasefire in the Joint Forces Operation area 15 times, including 11 attacks on the positions of Ukrainian defenders, 2 attacks on civilian infrastructure, 1 remote mining with POM-2 mines and 1 case of equipping fortifications by the enemy," reads the report.
In particular, in the area of responsibility of the operational and tactical group ‘East’, the enemy opened fire from 122mm artillery, 82mm mortars, heavy machine guns and small arms near Pisky (11km north-west of Donetsk) and Vodiane in the Sea of Azov area.
In addition, Russian occupiers fired heavy machine guns outside Shyrokyne (20km east of Mariupol), and easel anti-tank grenade launchers – near Nevelske (18km north-west of Donetsk).
In the area of responsibility of the operational and tactical group "North", the invaders opened fire from automatic easel grenade launchers near Luhanske (59km north-east of Donetsk).
Read more: Zelenskyi arrives in Donbas, intends to meet with military on front line
A Ukrainian serviceman received fatal injuries in the enemy shelling.
The Joint Forces Command expresses its sincere and deep condolences to the family and friends of the deceased defender.
Ukrainian soldiers returned fire in response to the enemy's shelling.
The Russian-occupation troops twice carried out artillery shelling of civilian infrastructure in the area of Vodiane.
Today, April 9, no ceasefire violations have been recorded.
Ukrainian military continue to control the situation in the JFO area and adhere to the ceasefire.

09.04.21 18:02 U.S. delegation visits JFO area and talks to Ukrainian defenders
A U.S. delegation led by Senior Defense Official and Defense Attaché Colonel Brittany Stewart has visited the Joint Forces Operation area in eastern Ukraine, the press service of the Defense Ministry reports.
The U.S. representatives visited the units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, which carry out tasks on the contact line with the enemy, talked to Ukrainian defenders, and once again made sure of the presence of Russian occupation forces in eastern Ukraine.
"The U.S. government is deeply concerned about the situation developing around the borders of Ukraine, and in every possible way supports the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine," Colonel Stewart said.

04.10.21 16:32 Bayraktar TB2 first flew into the OOS zone, found Russian Pantsir-S, S-125, SAM-Tor, tanks and howitzers, - Mysyagin

Bayraktar TB2 впервые совершил вылет в зону ООС, обнаружил российские Панцирь-С, С-125, ЗРК-Тор, танки и гаубицы, - Мысягин

The Bayraktar TB2 unmanned aerial vehicle, during its first reconnaissance flight into the OOS zone in the Donbas, discovered enemy equipment: Pantsir-S, S-125, SAM-Tor, tanks and howitzers. According to Censor.NET, Yury Mysyagin, MP from Servant of the People, deputy head of the parliamentary committee for national security, defense and intelligence, writes about this on his Facebook page.
"The best fight is the one that didn't take place.
It would be better for our enemies to study this Chinese wisdom, instead of the notes and memoirs of the leaders of the Nazi regime of the 20th century. Bayraktar TB2 - Unmanned aerial vehicle, for the first time flew into the environmental protection zone (for the time being, for the purpose of observation).
Pantsir-S
S-125
ZRK-Tor
tanks
howitzers
"Tavarischi", we advise you to take this equipment back to Moscow for the parade, because again you will have to buy more and there will not be enough money to supply gas to Russian villages. During the Turkish operation "Spring Shield" Bayraktari proved to be the best, especially against Russian military equipment. Together to victory! "

19.04.21 10:24 Eight ceasefire violations recorded in eastern Ukraine
Over the past day, April 18, the armed formations of the Russian Federation violated the ceasefire in the Joint Forces Operation area in eastern Ukraine eight times.
"In particular, the occupiers fired 120mm mortars and automatic easel grenade launchers prohibited by the Minsk agreements near the village of Vodiane in Donetsk region," the press center of the JFO Headquarters reports.

The invaders also opened fire from grenade launchers of various systems, heavy machine guns and small arms in the suburbs of Starohnativka, Pisky, Katerynivka and Avdiivka; and from easel antitank grenade launchers – outside Shyrokyne.
A Ukrainian defender received fatal injuries in the enemy shelling. Another serviceman of the Armed Forces of Ukraine received a shrapnel wound and was promptly taken to a medical facility.
The Joint Forces Command expresses its sincere and deep condolences to the families and friends of the deceased defender.
Ukrainian soldiers returned fire in response to the enemy's shelling.
As of 07:00 on April 19, three ceasefire violations were recorded. In particular, the Russian occupation forces opened fire from 120mm mortars, antitank missile systems and antiaircraft guns near the village of Pivdenne; 82mm mortars, heavy machine guns and small arms – in the area of Mayorske. In addition, the enemy used hand-held antitank grenade launchers to deliver POM-2 mines towards Zaitseve. No losses have been reported.

19.04.21 13:37 SBU to conduct large-scale anti-terrorist drills in most regions of Ukraine, temporary introduction of special regime possible in some areas. PHOTO
The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) conducts and plans large-scale multi-stage anti-terrorist exercises in most regions of Ukraine; during the training, critical infrastructure facilities, including the energy and transport systems, are under enhanced protection, the SBU press center reports.
"During the training, increased attention is paid to practicing actions to protect strategically important facilities and state borders. The purpose of the measures is to improve interagency cooperation to counter possible terrorist and sabotage threats," the statement says.
The exercises are attended by regional units of the SBU, the National Police, the State Border Guard Service, the National Guard, the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the State Emergency Service, as well as representatives of the executive authorities and local government.
"During exercises in certain areas, it is possible to temporarily introduce a special regime, restrict or prohibit the movement of vehicles and pedestrians, check identity documents, review cars, etc. The SBU appeals to the citizens of Ukraine to treat temporary inconveniences with understanding and properly respond to the legal requirements of law enforcement officers," the SBU noted.
See more: Bakanov, Kvien discuss Ukrainian sanctions, SBU reform. PHOTO
Last week, SBU training activities began, in particular, in Kharkiv, Kherson and Sumy regions.
SBU to conduct large-scale anti-terrorist drills in most regions of Ukraine, temporary introduction of special regime possible in some areas 01
SBU to conduct large-scale anti-terrorist drills in most regions of Ukraine, temporary introduction of special regime possible in some areas 02

20.04.21 11:05 Missile systems and antiaircraft guns: invaders violate ceasefire in eastern Ukraine six times
Over the past day, April 19, the armed formations of the Russian Federation violated the ceasefire in the Joint Forces Operation area in eastern Ukraine six times.
"In particular, the occupiers fired 120mm mortars near Avdiivka (17km north of Donetsk); antitank missile system, antiaircraft guns, grenade launchers of various systems, and heavy machine guns – outside Pivdenne (40km north-east of Donetsk)," the press center of the JFO Headquarters reports.
The invaders also opened fire from 82mm mortars, heavy machine guns and small arms on Ukrainian defenders near Mayorske (45km north of Donetsk); heavy machine guns, underbarrel and easel antitank grenade launchers – in the area of Pisky (11km north-west of Donetsk).
In addition, the enemy used hand-held antitank grenade launchers to deliver POM-2 mines towards Zaitseve (62km north-east of Donetsk).
No combat losses among Ukrainian troops were reported.
Read more: Eight ceasefire violations recorded in eastern Ukraine
As of 07:00 on April 20, one ceasefire violation was recorded. In particular, the Russian occupation forces opened fire from grenade launchers of various systems near Zolote-4.

20.04.21 13:32 PACE calls on Russia to stop military provocations near Ukraine's borders

The Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) points to Russia's disruption of peaceful efforts to resolve the situation in eastern Ukraine and calls for an end to military provocations and escalation.
This was said in a document distributed by the PACE informal group Baltic Plus among the delegates of the spring session of the Assembly regarding Russia's provocations and escalation of hostilities against Ukraine.
"With the latest steps, in particular the recent refusal to restore ceasefire commitments, Russia is demonstrating its reluctance to resolve the conflict in eastern Ukraine peacefully. On the contrary, Russia is openly undermining peace efforts by unjustifiably relocating its troops, while constantly blaming Ukraine and denying its involvement in Donbas," reads the statement, open for signature.
The parliamentarians are "seriously concerned about the increase in ceasefire violations by Russian-backed groups, the growing number of casualties, and, in particular, a constant build-up and concentration of excessive military forces in the immediate vicinity of Ukraine's borders and on the illegally annexed Crimean peninsula."
"All this undermines the overall stability and security on our continent," the document reads.
They call on Russia to stop provocations, end the blockade of the Kerch Strait, and start de-escalating the situation, as well as dispel all concerns, being completely transparent and providing information about its military activities in accordance with the risk reduction mechanism of the Vienna Document.
The signatories of the document welcome Ukraine’s unwavering commitment to a political settlement of the Russian-Ukrainian conflict and the restraint shown by the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Read more: U.S. concerned about Russia's plans to restrict navigation in Black Sea
"We call on Russia to adhere to the principles and commitments of the OSCE, as well as the spirit and letter of its statutory obligations to the Council of Europe," the delegates of the Assembly said.
The document has already been signed by members of the national delegations of Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Sweden, Georgia, Romania and Azerbaijan.

21.04.21 08:11 Invaders launch nine attacks on JFO positions
Over the past day, April 20, the armed formations of the Russian Federation violated the ceasefire in the Joint Forces Operation area in eastern Ukraine nine times.
"In particular, the enemy fired 120mm mortars prohibited by the Minsk agreements near Pivdenne (40km north-east of Donetsk); automatic easel grenade launchers and small arms – outside Starohnativka (51km south of Donetsk)," the press center of the JFO Headquarters reports.
The invaders also opened fire from grenade launchers of various systems, heavy machine guns and small arms near the villages of Zolote-4 and Vodiane in Donetsk region.
No combat losses among Ukrainian troops were reported over the past day.
Read more: Missile systems and antiaircraft guns: invaders violate ceasefire in eastern Ukraine six times
As of 07:00 on April 21, three ceasefire violations were recorded. In particular, the Russian occupation forces opened fire from 120mm mortars near Pisky (11km north-west of Donetsk) and Pivdenne; 82mm mortars, automatic easel grenade launchers and heavy machine guns – in the area of Pervomaisk (58km west of Luhansk). No losses have been reported.

Zelenskyi Approves Compulsory Military Service For Reservists During Special Period, Toughening Fines For Violation Of Military Service Laws
President Volodymyr Zelenskyi signed a law on military service to conscript reservists during a special period and increase fines for violating military service laws.

It is noted that the document improves the requirements for the manning of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other military formations with reservists (military-trained persons with combat experience) in a special period without announcing mobilization.
According to the report, this will allow the military units of all defense forces of the state to be quickly replenished with reservists, thereby significantly increasing their combat effectiveness during a rapidly growing military aggression, as well as rapidly increasing the combat potential of the defense forces and responding in a timely manner to sudden threats to national security.
Read more: Zelenskyi ready to negotiate with all leaders of Normandy Four countries
The law introduces a new type of service - military service for the conscription of persons from among the reservists in a special period, the period of which will be no more than 6 months with the due leave.
The document also provides for an increase in fines from UAH 85-119 to UAH 510-850 in the event of violation of the military registration rules (30-50 tax-exempt minimum personal incomes), for a repeated violation - from UAH 170-255 to UAH 850-1,700 (50- 100 tax-exempt minimum personal incomes).
It also provides for an increase in fines for violation of mobilization training: they will range from UAH 1,700 to UAH 3,400 for ordinary people (100-200 tax-exempt minimum personal incomes) and from UAH 3,400 to 5,100 for officials (200-300 tax-exempt minimum personal incomes), and in case of a repeated violation - UAH 3,400-5,100 and UAH 5,100-8,500, respectively (300-500 tax-exempt minimum personal incomes).
For deliberate damage or loss of military registration documents, penalties are set at UAH 510-850 (30-50 tax-exempt minimum personal incomes), for repeated violations – at UAH 850-1,700 (50-100 tax-exempt minimum personal incomes).

21.04.21 10:56 Buses with 'titushki' detained in Kharkiv region, which were sent by pro-Russian political force to hold protest actions. PHOTOS
As part of large-scale anti-terrorist exercises that are now taking place in Kharkiv region, the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) thwarted an attempt by several groups of goon gangs "titushki" (a total of more than 60 people) to penetrate the territory of the region.

"Buses with 'titushki' were detained at the entrances to Kharkiv from Donetsk, Dnipro and Poltava. All these persons are residents of other regions of Ukraine and have nothing to do with Kharkiv region," wrote head of the SBU press center in Kharkiv region Vladyslav Abdula.
According to the special services, these groups were sent to Kharkiv by order of one of the pro-Russian political forces of Ukraine to hold protest actions in the city, as well as provoke public discontent and massive illegal actions during the regular session of the City Council on Wednesday, April 21.
"These actions were intended to destabilize the socio-political situation in the region and create a 'picture' beneficial to the Russian leadership to justify possible acts of aggression by the Russian Federation against Ukraine. Law enforcement officers of Kharkiv region, using all the means provided by law, stop possible illegal actions. The coordinating group of the Anti-Terrorist Center is monitoring possible attempts by radical groups to abuse the right of citizens to hold mass events, the purpose of which is to provoke riots and other anti-social actions," Abdula said.
As reported, on April 14, large-scale anti-terrorist exercises began in Kharkiv region, which are conducted by the Security Service of Ukraine with the involvement of units of the National Police, the National Guard of Ukraine, the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine, the Military Law Enforcement Service, Kharkiv Regional Prosecutor's Office and other members of the Coordination Group of the Anti-Terrorism Center.
Read more: SBU to conduct large-scale anti-terrorist drills in most regions of Ukraine, temporary introduction of special regime possible in some areas. PHOTO
Buses with titushki detained in Kharkiv region, which were sent by pro-Russian political force to hold protest actions 01
Buses with titushki detained in Kharkiv region, which were sent by pro-Russian political force to hold protest actions 02
Buses with titushki detained in Kharkiv region, which were sent by pro-Russian political force to hold protest actions 03
Buses with titushki detained in Kharkiv region, which were sent by pro-Russian political force to hold protest actions 04

22.04.21 08:00 Eight ceasefire violations recorded in eastern Ukraine
Over the past day, April 21, Russian-occupation forces violated the ceasefire in the Joint Forces Operation area in eastern Ukraine eight times.
"In particular, the occupiers fired 120mm mortars and antitank missile system near Pisky (11km north-west of Donetsk) and Pivdenne (40km north-east of Donetsk); 82mm mortars, automa
tic easel grenade launchers, and heavy machine guns – outside Shumy (41km north of Donetsk) and Pervomaisk (58km west of Luhansk)," the press center of the JFO Headquarters reports.
The enemy also opened fire from an infantry fighting vehicle near the village of Novhorodske (35km north of Donetsk); easel antitank grenade launchers – outside Kamyanka (62km south of Donetsk); automatic easel grenade launchers and heavy machine guns – in the area of Krasnohorivka (21km west of Donetsk).
Read more: PACE calls on Russia to stop military provocations near Ukraine's borders
As of 07:00 on April 22, three ceasefire violations were recorded. In particular, the Russian occupation forces opened fire from 120mm mortars near Pivdenne; 82mm mortars – outside Zaitseve (62km north-east of Donetsk); grenade launchers of various systems and small arms – near Pisky. No losses have been reported.

22.04.21 16:42 Russia announces withdrawal of troops from border with Ukraine
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu has ordered the General Staff of the Russian Federation and commanders to pull the troops, which have recently been moved to Ukraine's borders, back to their permanent bases, according to the Telegram channel of the RBC news site.
"Russia is beginning to withdraw the troops of the Southern and Western military districts to their permanent bases from April 23. The inspection of military units is coming to an end," Shoigu said.
Russian media outlets also quoted Shoigu as saying that "the goals of the snap inspection have been fully achieved; the troops demonstrated the ability to reliably defend the country."
As was reported earlier, Russia has recently been massing troops near Ukraine's state border in the north, east and south, as well as in temporarily occupied Crimea.
Read more: PACE calls on Russia to stop military provocations near Ukraine's borders
Ukrainian Defense Minister Andrii Taran said on April 10 that the real goals of Russia's military build-up near Ukraine's borders could be to increase pressure on Ukraine so that it makes concessions in the negotiation process and to demonstrate the readiness to use force.

23.04.21 08:42 Russian invaders violate ceasefire in eastern Ukraine 17 times
Over the past day, April 22, the armed formations of the Russian Federation violated the ceasefire in the Joint Forces Operation area in eastern Ukraine 17 times.
"In particular, the occupiers fired 82mm and 120mm mortars near Pivdenne (40km north-east of Donetsk) and Zaitseve (62km north-east of Donetsk); easel antitank grenade laun
chers – outside Krasnohorivka (21km west of Donetsk); antitank missile system and 120mm mortars – near Shumy (41km north of Donetsk)," the press center of the JFO Headquarters reports.
The enemy also opened fire from grenade launchers of various systems, heavy machine guns, and small arms near the villages of Pisky (11km north-west of Donetsk), Zolote-4 (59km west of Luhansk), Vodiane (94km south of Donetsk), and Pavlopil (25km north-west of Mariupol).
In addition, the invaders used an antitank missile system, easel antitank grenade launchers, and small arms to shell Ukrainian positions near Mayorske (45km north of Donetsk).
One serviceman of the Armed Forces of Ukraine received fatal injuries in the enemy shelling. The Joint Forces Command expresses its sincere and deep condolences to the family and friends of the deceased defender.
Read more: Eight ceasefire violations recorded in eastern Ukraine
The Ukrainian military suppressed enemy drones near Krymske (42km north-west of Luhansk) and Shumy (41km north of Donetsk) using electronic warfare equipment.
As of 07:00 on April 23, three ceasefire violations were recorded. In particular, the Russian occupation forces opened fire from 120mm mortars near Novoselivka (37km north-east of Donetsk); automatic easel grenade launchers and heavy machine guns – outside Avdiivka (17km north of Donetsk). No losses have been reported.

23.04.21 14:26 Ukraine invites Israeli PM Netanyahu to become mediator in negotiations with Russia – ambassador
The Ukrainian authorities have offered Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to become a mediator during the negotiations between Kyiv and Moscow, Ukrainian Ambassador to Israel Yevhen Korniychuk said on the Israeli TV channel i24NEWS.
The diplomat explained that this decisi
on is due to the fact that Netanyahu has good relations with both President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky and President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin.
"I am glad to report that the prime minister did not say no. He said that he would try to do everything in his power. We are glad that Mr. Netanyahu did not reject this mission, but on the contrary, he showed his interest and willingness to help," noted Korniychuk.
Read more: Yermak: corrupt oligarchic system resists Zelensky's reforms, but this cannot stop him
As reported earlier, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called for the expansion of friendship and cooperation with Ukraine.

‘We’ll fight to the end.’ Ukraine defiant in face of Vladimir Putin’s phoney war
Articles Censor.NET War in Ukraine
Author: by Luke Harding, The Guardian
‘We’ll fight to the end.’ Ukraine defiant in face of Vladimir Putin’s phoney war
Kyiv’s middle-class professionals ready to take up arms again
The mood last week in Ukraine was eerily calm, despite talk of war. The first winter snow blanketed Kyiv. Many were still celebrating Orthodox Christmas – which falls on 7 January – or had left town for the holidays. Bars and restaurants rang out with Dean Martin’s Let It Snow!, while the fir trees in Independence Square looked like a mini-Narnia.
Sure, Russia might invade at any moment. But, as Ukrainians wearily point out, the country has already been at war for eight long years, ever since Vladimir Putin annexed Crimea and kickstarted a brutish conflict in the east of the country, which has claimed nearly 14,000 lives. Friday’s dawn cyber-attack on government websites was merely the latest in a series of hostile acts.
What to do in the event of a military operation by Moscow, and whether to stay, flee or fight? The consensus – at least according to surveys – is that a third of the population is ready to take up arms. In the upmarket Podil district, with its art deco mansions, a new piece of graffiti read: "Biy Moskaliv!"("Beat Up Russians!")
Sitting in a law office just across the road, Serhii Filimonov explains what he intends to do, should the Kremlin attack. "There are about 50 of us. We will meet and decide where we can best fight," he said. His group is made up of middle-class professionals: IT staff, designers, actors, journalists. Filimonov runs a security business and starred in a film shown at Venice.
None of this is likely to alarm Russia’s defence ministry, which has sent 100,000 troops to Ukraine’s border. These include the existing front between the Ukrainian army and the Moscow-run separatist territories of Donetsk and Luhansk in the east, as well as Belarus in the north, Crimea in the south and the breakaway Russian enclave of Transnistria in the west.
But the Kyiv creatives know how to shoot. All are combat-hardened veterans of the 2014 war. Filimonov took part in the bloody battle for Ilovaysk, when the Russian army trapped Ukrainian forces, and was wounded by an enemy mortar strike. After an operation to remove shrapnel, he returned to the front, serving as a volunteer against Moscow with the Azov battalion.
"We have registered weapons. We will defend our homes," Filimonov said. "Putin wants to go back to the borders of the Russian empire. You can see this in Belarus, Kazakhstan. Here in Ukraine he wants to create a tsarstvo – a tsardom. This is a war of civilisations. It’s the west versus Eurasia, democracy against slavery and authoritarianism. We want democracy and freedom."
Most experts agree that Russia’s vastly superior army, air force and navy could quickly seize Ukrainian territory. But Andriy Zagorodnyuk, Kyiv’s former defence minister, says the Kremlin’s conscript-heavy military will immediately face resistance, should it try to occupy towns and cities. Volunteers such as Filimonov and small army groups will launch bloody partisan attacks. "There is definitely no panic. I don’t see any panic at all," Zagorodnyuk told the Observer. He acknowledged Ukraine’s relative military weakness but he said Kyiv had around 500,000 soldiers including reservists. It was ready for guerrilla war "on a huge scale", he said.
Masi Nayyem, a lawyer who founded the Podil practice, admitted he was looking forward to shooting at Russians again. In 2016 he fought with a paratrooper brigade in Avdiyivka, Ukraine’s frontline position outside rebel-held Donetsk. "In peace time you have to be serious, responsible. In war you don’t have any considerations or need to think about consequences. It’s black and white," he said.
Talks between Russia and the US, Nato and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe ended last week in a dead end. The Kremlin has demanded assurances from the Biden administration that Ukraine and Georgia will never join Nato. In essence it wants to overturn the post-cold war order – restoring central and eastern Europe as a zone of Warsaw Pact-style Russian influence, from which Nato troops and weaponry are banned.
Beneath the Kremlin’s shrill, tough-man rhetoric lies a mystery. It is unclear why Putin is moving with such strategic haste, demanding that the US and its allies rewrite international security rules in Russia’s favour. His demands are "non-starters", as the US’s negotiator and deputy secretary of state, Wendy Sherman, put it. Putin’s possible goal, she suggested, was to establish a pretext for war.
Andrew Wilson, professor in Ukrainian studies at University College London, said the timing from the Kremlin’s perspective was opportune. Putin has jailed his chief domestic critic, Alexey Navalny, and squashed Navalny’s opposition movement. Russia was awash with cash, thanks to rising energy prices. On the international stage the Kremlin faces off against a US administration it regards as weak and indecisive.
What could happen next? "Creating a crisis to create opportunities is what they [the Russians] do," Wilson said. He added: "I don’t think a full-scale invasion is possibility number one. The Ukrainians have pretty successfully advertised the huge cost of invasion and occupation. But Putin has to have a win of sorts, either on European security or Ukraine itself."
All of which presents observers with a dilemma: how to report on a crisis which does not quite feel like a crisis, and appears largely to exist inside Putin’s head? It is evident that Russia’s president feels emotionally about Ukraine. Last summer he wrote a long essay stating that Ukraine and Russia were "one people", divided by the whims of Bolshevik map-making and western meddling.
"With nothing yet happening on the ground, there’s nothing I can report to tell you something new and impactful," Nataliya Gumenyuk, a Ukrainian journalist and author admitted, saying it was hard to make sense of a conflict in which Ukraine often appears as a bystander. She added: "We are caught in the position of waiting for the ‘worst scenario’ without a chance to influence the outcome."
Gumenyuk said the Kremlin’s goal was to turn the clock back to the early 1970s, before the Soviet Union signed the Helsinki accords guaranteeing human rights – a mistake, in the eyes of Moscow’s current hawkish leadership. Others have argued that Putin’s preferred geo-political model goes back further, to the imperialist 19th century, when mighty great powers over-rolled lesser ones.
In an opinion piece for the New York Times the eminent Russian political scientist Lila Shevtsova said the current stand-off over Ukraine had little in common with the political deals struck at Yalta in 1945, or at the congress of Vienna in 1815. Back then, the participants stuck to the rules. "[Putin’s] aim, really, is a Hobbesian world order, built on disruption and readiness for surprise breakthroughs," she wrote.
How a surprise breakthrough might morph into war is a topic of conversation inside the Kyiv government of comic-turned-president Volodymyr Zelensky. Little was seen of him last week. Zelensky won a landslide victory in 2019 after campaigning on a platform of peace. Faced with Russian intransigence over the fate of Ukraine’s already occupied territories, he has moved towards Nato and the west.
US intelligence agencies say the risk of invasion is "high". Their Ukrainian counterparts think Moscow may be planning a "staged provocation". This could take the form of an attack on Russian citizens – at the embassy or consulate perhaps – or against Russian soldiers in Transnistria. The Kremlin would blame the "attack" on far-right Ukrainian nationalists, with the incident used for propaganda and as a casus belli.
Alex Kovzhun, a political strategist who advised Ukraine’s former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko, said the Kremlin needed to craft a compelling narrative. "They are obsessed with their TV ratings. All of us Ukrainians are extras in their internal TV show. They are the protagonists. From time to time they change the bad guys. Ukraine is not their favourite location."
Kovzhun added: "A fantastic postmodern storytelling device is the wink. In 2014 Putin winked when he said there were no Russian units in Crimea. It’s a conspiracy. He invites all Russian TV viewers to share in this conspiracy. He used the wink in Salisbury. Everybody knew two Russian idiots travelled there to kill Sergei Skripal, as part of a special operation."
It is just possible, of course, that Putin’s brinkmanship is part of an elaborate bluff, the latest in a series of stress tests designed to reveal weaknesses among the west’s ruling class and America. No one – save for the man in the Kremlin – can really know. But Filimonov thinks a storm is coming. "We are convinced something will happen," he said. "Putin needs Ukraine. An attempt to seize it is inescapable. We will fight until the end."

Latest posts

Back