Lanyards

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
ok peeps, i really need to know, other than looks or to give the knife added personality, wtf is the lanyard for?

i do know that they were attached to swords in the olden days in places like China, for use to throw off your opponent at to your blade movements, but what is their use on hand knives?

ok peeps, i really need to know, other than looks or to give the knife added personality, wtf is the lanyard for?

i do know that they were attached to swords in the olden days in places like China, for use to throw off your opponent at to your blade movements, but what is their use on hand knives?
Attach it to your belt or what have you so you don't lose it....

The lanyard, For big knives I like them, kind of locks the knife into your hand, for the smaller knives with sheaths or case it makes it easy to pull the knife out. And of course making a lanyard and playing with knives is always good. Here is a video you might find interesting.

The lanyard, For big knives I like them, kind of locks the knife into your hand, for the smaller knives with sheaths or case it makes it easy to pull the knife out. And of course making a lanyard and playing with knives is always good. Here is a video you might find interesting.
Good reminder on the retention! Nothing worse then swinging s knife and watching it fly across your a.o.!

Lanyard is a must if you using it for anything heavy duty (e.g. cutting wood), had a few close calls where the lanyard has stopped a knife from doing some serious damage are getting loose from my hand (it was very cold!). For the sake of some parachord its a good investment!

Latest posts

Back