Lake Mead Plunges To Record Low Amid Drought-pocalypse

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can respect your choice for how you voted. My choice was based on my personal view that the character of the person I voted for means more to me. I freely admit Biden is way more liberal than I had hoped he would be, but I am still good with my decision based on my values. I don’t understand the anger and refusal to respect others here. With everything crazy going on in the world today it seems like prepping should be the primary focus and a reason to work together….

I guess it's easy to "not understand the anger" when your party is in control and silencing, cancelling, labeling, and criminally charging the other party, while celebrating insanity, and refusing to silence, label, cancel, or criminally charge your own. When you are for open borders, taking guns, defunding the police, releasing prisoners, teaching Marxism and race hate in schools to the future generations, 32 genders, the military paying for transgender surgeries, and cancel culture, all is well for you. I hope you get to be on the other end of that kind of insanity, and soon. I bet you understand the hell out of the anger then.

So Brent, if a person just liked Stalin's personality, is that a good reason to vote communist? That is what you are saying. In fact, if it were not this point, you would find another excuse to vote, support and defend anti-American values.

I wish you would just drop you line of weasel-ism because all you are doing is infuriating everyone else.

So why don’t the genius government bureaucrats in charge of rivers, lakes, reservoirs and dams just seed the clouds
Because they are toooo busy rubbing elbows, making plans for their own futures, filling the family pockets, taking risks with our taxes, sending our children to more wars for money and generally making life hard, bad or almost impossible to enjoy for the rest of the people in the world...having time to seed the clouds?? Gotta explain the function and winnings to those idiots first before they come up with such an idea.

California drought forces shutdown of historic Hyatt hydropower plant
California drought forces shutdown of historic Hyatt hydropower plant (yahoo.com)

Why it matters: It is the first time the Edward Hyatt hydroelectric power plant has ceased operations since it was constructed in 1967, at a time when California is warning about the potential for rolling blackouts.

• The plant feeds from a reservoir at Lake Oroville in Butte County, the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas in Northern California, and has the capacity to power almost half a million households, according to the Bee.
  • But the lake is less than one-quarter full — surpassing its record lowest level set in 1977 — amid the state's ongoing water crisis.
What they're saying: “This is just one of many unprecedented impacts we are experiencing in California as a result of our climate-induced drought,” said Karla Nemeth, director of the California Department of Water Resources, in a statement.

So Brent, if a person just liked Stalin's personality, is that a good reason to vote communist? That is what you are saying. In fact, if it were not this point, you would find another excuse to vote, support and defend anti-American values.

I wish you would just drop you line of weasel-ism because all you are doing is infuriating everyone else.
I’m here for your entertainment! I can see why you liked trump so much, you’re just alike.

How have I changed my position on anything here? Unlike many here I can form opinions on individual issues and not just be a puppet following their party lines. When it comes down to it I am for tough crime legislation, strict immigration, able bodied people having to work and not get free handouts, education reform, and many other conservative issues. I still thing trump was a pig though, and that was due do his behaviors, not his Republican status. If the ones here can’t handle me not believing in their savior then why even bother responding to my thoughts?

I have said what I think so there is no point of repeating it just for the sake of debate.

One possible redeeming trait of some homeless bums : they pick up bottles and cans that litter the streets and cities. 😏

SLO County community must reduce water use by 20% due to ‘insufficient’ supply

Cambria CA declares water shortage watch due to drought | San Luis Obispo Tribune

San Diego City introduces more water restrictions as drought grips California

As California's big cities fail to rein in their water use, rural communities are already tapped out

Throngs of Home Buyers Have Relocated to Drought-Stricken Regions—What That Means for the Water Crisis

Incredible to me how blind these people are to reality

Lake Mead’s steady decline hits low water mark 06/09/2022
Drought, dry conditions push Lake Mead to lowest level on record | Las Vegas Review-Journal (reviewjournal.com)

"As the western megadrought worsens, the nation’s largest reservoir hit a new worrisome milestone this week.

Lake Mead now sits just 29 percent full, dropping below 30 percent for the first time since the reservoir was initially filled more than 80 years ago, according to the most recent weekly report released this week by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation."

Last edited:
Looks like California’s ideals are about to come crashing into their needs and requirements. Resource conservation is an ideal put forth to do away with resource development. Turns out CA really doesn’t care about conservation. Just control.

Latest posts

Back