Helpful Info. Know Your Blood Type

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illini Warrior

Demi-God
Banned
Reaction score
Medical topic not mentioned that much - chiefly because our DIY mentality tends to bypass anything beyond our particular reach >> but SHTF blood typing won't be eazy and even possible in some cases - but blood transfusions just might be within reach - knowing your way around the topic could be essential ....

https://prepschooldaily.blogspot.com/
You need to know blood types for you, your family, and all the other members of your group. You also need to know what types of blood you can receive and to whom you can donate.

A+ can receive A+, A-, O+,O- can donate to A+, AB+
A- can receive A-, O- can donate to A+, A-, AB+, AB-

B+ can receive B+, B-, O+, O- can donate to B+, AB+
B- can receive B-, O- can donate to B+, B-, AB+, AB-

AB+can receive everything--universal acceptor can donate only to AB+
AB- can receive A-, B-, AB-, O- can donate to AB+, AB-

O+ can receive O+, O- can donate to A+, B+, AB+, O+
O- can receive only O- can donate to everyone--universal donor

Because O- people can donate to anyone, they are called universal donors, or in more colorful language, walking blood banks. If you have one of these people in your group, and only one set of body armor, this person gets it.

I have RH Negative A. Mine is pretty tricky for donors. But it's common in each generation in our Amish community, so I already know a few, and I can donate for mom and our oldest daughter, too. Problem is, if any young ladies have babies with this blood type and the Rhogam injections aren't available. Not too bad a risk on the first child, but common miscarriages thereafter unless there is a good five years or so between pregnancies. Mom born in 1932, and had four girls, and no Rhogam yet. The first was ok, then a miscarriage, then a second ok, and two miscarriages, then a third not ok, and then eight years later, me. And I inherited the blood type. Unless of course, these ladies get pregnant from another with the same blood type, but it's rarer in males.

Just an unscientific observation looking over Rh- data in school why back when, BUT it seems to me Rh- rates have gone up both in the USA and Europe. Amish Heart, if you don't mind, how many children do you have?

We have 5. The first three were 5 years apart. Then #4 was 2 yrs, then number 5 was 18 months. Our first was born in 1980 and I had Rhogam at 20 weeks and right after her birth. Our first born also had Rh neg A blood, but not the others. Our first born had complications with her third child, she had Rhogam at 20 weeks, but on delivery, the placenta came apart in some pieces. They didn't get them all out, and we didn't know at the time. The baby had a different blood type. Within a week, daughter became very sick and I rushed her back to ER.
There are a number of cousins in our amish community here with the type, but none of my grandkids have it.

We have 5. The first three were 5 years apart. Then #4 was 2 yrs, then number 5 was 18 months. Our first was born in 1980 and I had Rhogam at 20 weeks and right after her birth. Our first born also had Rh neg A blood, but not the others. Our first born had complications with her third child, she had Rhogam at 20 weeks, but on delivery, the placenta came apart in some pieces. They didn't get them all out, and we didn't know at the time. The baby had a different blood type. Within a week, daughter became very sick and I rushed her back to ER.
There are a number of cousins in our amish community here with the type, but none of my grandkids have it.

Congratulations on your 5 kids. Evidently, you have one Rh- gene and one Rh+. Your husband almost certainly in Rh+ for both positions.

This is an amazing video, Real Science - The world's most dangerous blood type. They really break it down and its WAY more complicated than A,B and O. They talk about antigens and have a nice chart.

Are you one of the 43? Wait, don't tell us...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back