knorr rice sides

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
knorr rice sides was mentioned in a diff topic.and i prepared cheddar and broccoli last night.in which i saw a beefy broccoli & cheddar burritos recipe on the back of it.so i typed it out into wordpad on my pc.and gonna save it to my recipe cd..and figured id post it here as well..

beefy broccoli & cheddar burritos
4 servings/prep time 20 minutes/cook time 30 minutes
1 LB ground beef
1 package of knorr rice sides cheddar broccoli
2 cups of water
1 can of 15 OZ red kidney beans rinsed and drained
8-10 inch burrito size flour tortillas
1 16OZ jar of salsa,divided
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 OZ)
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. preheat oven to 350..cook ground beef in 12 inch skillet over medium high heat.stirring occasionally,until beef is done.drain the grease thoroughly.

2.stir in knorr rice sides cheddar broccoli water and beans.bring to a boil over high heat.reduce heat to medium heat.and cook covered 7 minutes,or until rice is tender.stir in beef and green onions..remove from heat and let stand for 2 minutes.then stir in 1/2 cup salsa and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese

3.spoon about 3/4 cup rice mixture onto each tortilla.roll up firmly.evenly spread 1/2 cup of salsa in bottom of 13x9 inch greased baking pan arrange burritas seam side down spoon remaining salsa center of burritas..then sprinkle remaining cheese..cover tightly with aluminum foil.and bake 25 minutes or until heated through.then garnish with green onions

I love these things, and a good thing to store too. We try and have a lot of the rice and pasta ones in our storm food area (since you only need boiling water to make them).

yeah they are great..and they only cost $1.00 each where i get them ati love hot links and polish sausage..so now im thinking which knorr rice sides go with them

yeah they are great..and they only cost $1.00 each where i get them ati love hot links and polish sausage..so now im thinking which knorr rice sides go with them

I usually do this with Zataran's Jambalaya rice.

The Rice sides make a great base to a mixed dish though. Add an appropriate meat and sauce, or just stretch the sauce a bit that comes with the side, and it's a pretty quick easy meal. McCormick makes some great complimentary marinades and sauce mixes that go well with the rice flavors. (especially the Mesquite one).

I the knorr brands. My and girls thought I was crazy for getting some the other night until I cook them. Now we are going to stock up on them .

this is a 16 quart tote of mostly knorr rice and pasta.and 3 others in there of some other brand.
2016-02-16 001.JPG

Velveeta also makes some really good noodle/sauce combo box meals that are pretty good. Just add meat. They've come out with some new flavors also. Catching them on sale, and the fact they feed more per box, sometimes can even work out cheaper than Knorr.

i just cooked up a knorr pasta n cheese side.i also have/had 2 pouches of spam bites.their not the best in taste and all.so i just added them to the knorr.and fixed both at the same time,to at least soften the spam bites,at least some what.the taste is still there.but not to bad.and cooking it with the knorr side helped at softening them up some.and to prove how bad they are.my dog aint thrilled about the spam bites..lol

Only way I can even tolerate Spam is pan fried, with spices....and butter. Even then, it's just edible....

i grew up on the cans of spam.i eat it in mac n cheese and make sandwiches with it.add it to pork n beans.i can eat it,as is or fried.but i deffently have to wash it first thoe.

Latest posts

Back