Knives

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
Knives are going to be an essentual part of anyones kit, but some will ask, "why knives?" or, "what kind of knives should i have?" well i have some answers for you!
I would say the best amount of knives would be at least 3 or more if your a knife lover.
1. The BIG knife
aside from scaring the crap out of would be assailents, the big knife will be usefull in cutting branches and cutting up meats etc.
personally im going for a crocodile dundee type knife i found on amazon for under $20. but make sure their fixed blade with a full tang (tang = the blade goes all the way through the hilt)
types: machette, bowie, the dundee.
2. The Medium Knife
this will usually be on your person at all times. this will be more of your "work horse" that the rest.
uses: dang near anything
personally im going with a survival type knife that looks like rambos only way smaller. it also holds small stuff like matches fishhooks etc., but on this one buy whatever you feal would be comfortable for you to use on a day to day rutine.
types: folding pocket knives, the small rambo, buck knives, etc.
3. The UTILITY knife
for the smaller cuts in life, but they usually have other gadgets on them that become useful
im personally going with a swiss army knife but theres all types so find one thats suitable for your needs
types: swiss army, leathermans, etc.

some people will bring more of 1 type and i would recomend this too just in case!
im personally going to put all 3 in everyones bug bag!
(might not be a good idea for smaller children)

There are so many types of knives that I have gotten to the point of keeping them in the bug out bag. Though I favor tanto knives. They in my opinion, are great for hand to hand fighting.

im darn good with swords though, me and my buddies used to but kendo sheni's (bamboo swords) and battle it out!

just remember, if your ever in a knife fight, take off your shirt and wrap it around your unused wrist/arm, it'll be a good shield against knife attacks, and if you practice taking off your shirt one handed you can do it pritty quickly.

just remember, if your ever in a knife fight, take off your shirt and wrap it around your unused wrist/arm, it'll be a good shield against knife attacks, and if you practice taking off your shirt one handed you can do it pritty quickly.
Good to know thanks.
I am currently learning Escrima / Kali Sticks. They are a blast and quite deadly!
When it comes to swords I have always been a fan of the katana.

definitly! ive always wanted to learn the "walking cane" i believe its a kung teaching, but always looked interesting.

i often see older people with them and wonder if they know the moves lmao that would be funny to see some hoodlem get his but kicked by some older guy with a cane

My carry knives are wide and varied and yet always on my person at all times... I carry a custom made tanto full tang double edged for hand to hand and throwing, an otf microtech for backup/secondary hand, a tri-blade utility by kobalt tools, and a neck knife... yes I carry these daily

My carry knives are wide and varied and yet always on my person at all times... I carry a custom made tanto full tang double edged for hand to hand and throwing, an otf microtech for backup/secondary hand, a tri-blade utility by kobalt tools, and a neck knife... yes I carry these daily
There is one thing I have never mastered.... Throwing a knife! I can hit the target, but always with the handle.

Lee:
I would love to have a tanto blade as you mentioned! Its a great thing to carry both daily, just those 2 will get you through alot!
Clydesdale:
im ok at throwing knives, but i have that same problem lol

Lee:
I would love to have a tanto blade as you mentioned! Its a great thing to carry both daily, just those 2 will get you through alot!
Clydesdale:
I'm ok at throwing knives, but i have that same problem lol
Throwing knives... in a nutshell... i suck!
A nice tanto would suit me just fine.

Iam going to throw my 2 cents in , I pickede up a Knife from harbor fright for 9.99 and itsand ban got an 8in blade with shive a compass inside the handle but thats a joke a compartment for matches fish hooks and line and a band aid the best thing is it made for work.LATER

Iam going to throw my 2 cents in , I pickede up a Knife from harbor fright for 9.99 and itsand ban got an 8in blade with shive a compass inside the handle but thats a joke a compartment for matches fish hooks and line and a band aid the best thing is it made for work.LATER
I remember as a kid you used to could pick up "survival" knives with a hollow handle and a compass for about $6.00. Of course that was in the mid 80's.... yes I'm older than dirt

Ya i actually have one of those my granfather gave me from like 70s or 80s, and its missing the compass cap. im planning on using this for my crap work as to save my good knife for skinning and stuff.
you can find the big Rambo knife on ebay for $20-$30 i think, with the kit.

Ya i actually have one of those my granfather gave me from like 70s or 80s, and its missing the compass cap. im planning on using this for my crap work as to save my good knife for skinning and stuff.
you can find the big Rambo knife on ebay for $20-$30 i think, with the kit.
I remeber as a kid when Rambo II came out you could buy a replica knife from Buck Knives for about $125.00 or so. If i'm way off on the price or the manufacturer please forgive me as it has been a hell of a long time since I even thought about that knife and movie.

I remeber as a kid when Rambo II came out you could buy a replica knife from Buck Knives for about $125.00 or so. If i'm way off on the price or the manufacturer please forgive me as it has been a hell of a long time since I even thought about that knife and movie.
nah, your still about right for name brands, if i was gonna go high price Rambo, id go Hibben, that guy can make some Knifes!

Latest posts

Back