Knife mods ?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
What mods have you done to your EDC blades to improve them? EG on both my CRKT CEO and on the Ruike P865-B I have used a dremel to open up the thumb stud notch on the scales to make opening the blade easier / quicker. I've also copper slipped the pivot pin and bearing washers to smooth and ease the blade opening action.

Mod 2.jpg

Wisemen company makes a signet ring and a thing they call the fang for the spyderco delica 4. Basically turns you knife into a karambit. I can have my knife in my front pocket pull on the ring and the blade opens as i pull the knife out of pocket. Its lightning fast. Spyderco also sells a delica 4 wave that already has the fang function.

What mods have you done to your EDC blades to improve them? EG on both my CRKT CEO and on the Ruike P865-B I have used a dremel to open up the thumb stud notch on the scales to make opening the blade easier / quicker. I've also copper slipped the pivot pin and bearing washers to smooth and ease the blade opening action.

View attachment 12083
Thanks for the tip i bought a CEO last week. Im going to try that.

Thanks for the tip i bought a CEO last week. Im going to try that.

Do it gently and do it with the blade only partially open so the liner lock stays far enough back for the dremel to work without catching the liner lock.

Thanks for the tip .I was just looking at knife trying to see how to do it.
Tiny sanding drum on a dremel, VERY gently abraded, takes about a minute or two, but dont overhead the steel liner, just be gentle and patient. Start to Finish about 5 minutes. The scales where abraded will look grey, simply wipe it with oily rag and it will restore the scale to true colour. Go in at an angle GENTLY.

Tiny sanding drum on a dremel, VERY gently abraded, takes about a minute or two, but dont overhead the steel liner, just be gentle and patient. Start to Finish about 5 minutes. The scales where abraded will look grey, simply wipe it with oily rag and it will restore the scale to true colour. Go in at an angle GENTLY.
Thanks for the tips. Plan to d o it tommorow. Had a few too many beers to safely do it today. Great idea really like knife but didnt like the angle to quickly open.

Latest posts

Back