Kiwi living in Sydney ( CAUTION long introduction )

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSTA57

Reaction score
Hey all.

Well I'm a 25yr old male. Born in New Zealand. Lived there basically my whole life (21 years).
The first time I left the North Island and my first time in a plane was to fly here to Sydney.

I had never really thought about the need for a 72 hour bag before. As I always thought I would be fine if need be.
As I had started the fine art of pig hunting while in NZ with my mums boyfriend. W( who was a wealth of knowledge). Which meant I was pretty fit as I also work at a timber yard doing manual labour.

So fast forward to 18/09/2011 and on this night things changed drastically.
I fell 15 metres from my 3rd floor balcony. Which in turn severed my spine and spinal cord between T7 - T9, broke 10 ribs, left lung collapsed with pneumonia, cracked and dislocated my upper sternum and had a bleeding and hematoma to my left eye. ( which was the main cause of te accident ).
So I am now a T7 - T9 incomplete paraplegic. I am a lucky one who had Angela looking over me as I can now stand and walk short distances if need be.
Makes it south easier around home so I can reach the higher shelves.
So since the accident and seeing so much devastation around not just Australia but the world. This prompted myself and my loving fiancé to think about at least a 72 hour kit as I would now need excess medications, catheters and other medical needs.

So the bags and set and ready to go if need be. But I had found out over the last year that one of my cuzzins has 400 acres about 2.5 - 3 hours south from where we live that he had been using for the weekend hunting and camping area. But he has now got it on the market and will sell it to me cheaper.

We will be going to look at it in a few weeks time. So there will be some photos floating around with details.
I know there is a area that has been set up for there camping. A few water supplies. Electricity is there already.
And if you don't know where the main gate is then you'll have a really tough time finding it.
Oh and my fiancé has her long arms firearms licence. Mine I had to jump through hoops due to the Police report being wrong about my accident. But it should be here within the next 2 months hopefully.

So folks I'm sorry for the very long intro. But thought I would put it all on the table at once.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum! That is a really inspiring story, sounds to me like you were very, very lucky.

Good luck with your further recovery and jump on in the forums, its the best way to learn.

G'day from rural Sth Aust.
Glad you're not a quitter, you obviously have a lot of inner strength and also a lot of support.
Wow, good luck getting that farm - I'm jealous.
Mate, you will find quite a few of us Aussies here, and this site is a wealth of knowledge. Till I joined, I knew stuff all about prepping, and you will learn so much here - just take a look around, see what suits your situation. Also feel free to throw around ideas you may have. You never know, you may turn on a light for someones idea.
Glad your on board.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Currently we have a 2006 Ford territory turbo ghia as our bug out vehicle. It is awd so that helps a bit with driving.
Is going to be raised and have some more offroad suited tyres put on.

This is just until later or the start of next year when we will finally have out Ford F150 Raptor ute.
I've always wanted one. There awesomely set up from factory. So I don't have to do too much to it if SHTF.

Also in a few months I will be buying a 6 wheel electric motorised vehicle.
I'm on my cell phone right now but will upload a pic later on.

The Raptor will be a little heavy on the Go juice. But all we want is for it to get us to our BOL. Then will have atv's and the 6 wheel machine.

The property I am buying had alot of wild animals on it.
Rabbits. Foxes. Deer. Kangaroo. And anything else I forgot.
If we have to stay there a while then we will organise some animals to raise and eat/barter.

Will also have photos of the property in the next couple weeks.

WOW, sounds like you've got a plan in motion. Thats a great start. I want to ask a few questions, please do not take any of them the wrong way...

• Re the F series, is there a reason your getting it? Reason i say, is that if your BOL can be accessed with the Territory, why spend $$ you dont have too? There also a HUGE car, you may be able to get something smaller that still suits your requirements much, much cheaper.
  • What is the reason behind a 6 wheeler, electric ATV? you state prior to this as having quads? Again, money you may not need to outlay.
If it is only you and your fiancee, how will you get the car, quads and 6 wheeler to your BOL?

Expensive, especially if you have to leave them behind.

Hey no problem at all with the questions.
That's what the forum is here for.

Where the area is. If it is wet it can get pretty bad. So not to sure how the territory will go.
Due to my accident I can't do alot if I was to get stuck.
So the F150 is set up the way I would like a 4wd to be. And that's from
Factory.

The 6 wheeler and quads are going to be stored at the property most of the time.

Once you see the 6 wheeler you'll understand why it's easier for me to use.
It has a normal type of car seat.

Keep the questions coming. As this is all new to me with using a property as a BOL.

Hey all.

Well I'm a 25yr old male. Born in New Zealand. Lived there basically my whole life (21 years).
The first time I left the North Island and my first time in a plane was to fly here to Sydney.

I had never really thought about the need for a 72 hour bag before. As I always thought I would be fine if need be.
As I had started the fine art of pig hunting while in NZ with my mums boyfriend. W( who was a wealth of knowledge). Which meant I was pretty fit as I also work at a timber yard doing manual labour.

So fast forward to 18/09/2011 and on this night things changed drastically.
I fell 15 metres from my 3rd floor balcony. Which in turn severed my spine and spinal cord between T7 - T9, broke 10 ribs, left lung collapsed with pneumonia, cracked and dislocated my upper sternum and had a bleeding and hematoma to my left eye. ( which was the main cause of te accident ).
So I am now a T7 - T9 incomplete paraplegic. I am a lucky one who had Angela looking over me as I can now stand and walk short distances if need be.
Makes it south easier around home so I can reach the higher shelves.
So since the accident and seeing so much devastation around not just Australia but the world. This prompted myself and my loving fiancé to think about at least a 72 hour kit as I would now need excess medications, catheters and other medical needs.

So the bags and set and ready to go if need be. But I had found out over the last year that one of my cuzzins has 400 acres about 2.5 - 3 hours south from where we live that he had been using for the weekend hunting and camping area. But he has now got it on the market and will sell it to me cheaper.

We will be going to look at it in a few weeks time. So there will be some photos floating around with details.
I know there is a area that has been set up for there camping. A few water supplies. Electricity is there already.
And if you don't know where the main gate is then you'll have a really tough time finding it.
Oh and my fiancé has her long arms firearms licence. Mine I had to jump through hoops due to the Police report being wrong about my accident. But it should be here within the next 2 months hopefully.

So folks I'm sorry for the very long intro. But thought I would put it all on the table at once.

Thank you
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back