Keep it real, Learn the old ways!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
I was visiting a couple of the prepper group meetups here in Washington and in one of these groups the gentleman that was leading the group said to me “you need to get with the 21st century” from that point forward I couldn’t take this group seriously and it really did get me thinking. Keep in mind, when I say technology I am referencing things such as batteries, gps, freeze dried goods, flash lights etc.. *after a year the 21st century won’t exist*

Going through a lot of these so called ‘doomsday, homestead, off grid, SHTF’ websites and viewing youtube I had to start shaking my head, if a good number of folks buy into this technology as their savior and hope then a good number of these folks are in very serious trouble.

My grandfather and his brothers whom taken me under their wing when I was 5 (early 60s) had said many times “man can only provide man made material for so long but nature has an endless supply, learn to build from the stores of nature” I honestly can say people rely too much on technology and not enough on their intellectual capacity or taking advantage of the mind to learn the old ways. When you are the only person that has lights into the night on the mountain that light becomes the beacon for all to be guided to you and your fortress! Batteries of any type anything mechanical will only last so long, parts are no longer available once we are a year into the SHingTF. I like gadgets and technology as much as the next person but I only use it to assist for the short term not as a means to survive in the long term as I am seeing on many sites, water filters, bullets, batteries and canned food only last so long thus without the knowledge to plant a garden or learn the art of foraging for food and obtaining drinkable water people are in very serious trouble.

Technology is only short term not long term, your fortress is a bull’s-eye if exposed as a fortress such as razor wire, search lights, armed patrols, running the quads, yap you’re a target, yes perhaps you can defend against a few but not the masses once resentment sets in, all the guns all the bullets will not stop the hungry, soon resentment does set in then the hungry becomes the masses, it is imperative you become the environment blend in remove the bull’s-eye such as always wearing clean clothes, always shaving and using scented soaps flashing fancy gadgets, my wife who has hair down to her ### knows if things look as if it’s going to last I am cutting her hair to the ears, I will hide her feminine profile, always keep it in the back of your mind you are being watched you certainly don’t want to be followed. Keep it real think long term!

The Hungry the thirsty will die for food and water, the destitute is no different than a rabid dog!

-Maverick

Last edited:
If the SHTF, even prepped individuals are going to eventually have to go back to the 1800's in most aspects of daily life. Batteries will run out, fuel will run low, machines will wear down.

Sure, we can plan to mitigate it a great deal, but there are many things that would certainly change our daily lives. Even those with solar and other tech will eventually have those systems wear down, etc.

You are surely right. It helps to have all these do-dads in the beginning but you'll need to know how to feed and cloth yourself as well as build a shelter when they are gone. You'll need to know how to find water if something happens to your first choice. You'll need to know medicinal plants and herbs and how to recognize a diseased animal before you cut into it. Do you know how to preserve summer's bounty to make it through the winter? Living the life of the 1800's will be too much for most of our current population. And yes there will be bands of marauders out there searching for you with plans to rape, pillage and kill just like our ancestors did so long ago. God help us.

If the SHTF, even prepped individuals are going to eventually have to go back to the 1800's in most aspects of daily life. Batteries will run out, fuel will run low, machines will wear down.

Sure, we can plan to mitigate it a great deal, but there are many things that would certainly change our daily lives. Even those with solar and other tech will eventually have those systems wear down, etc.
I think the world would be a better place for it.

Latest posts

Back