Just Love Africa

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe SA

Demi-God
Reaction score
This guide is probably telling that elephant one more step and i will beat the crap out of you with this gun.
198162a49d14c90e2b63c4ea14a2c016.jpg

Iv heard Africa gets in your blood . Once you have been there your hooked .

100% True

You can't describe it either. The only word to describe it is surreal.

Take this picture for example...a black rhino in the middle of Amboseli taking a drink from a swimming pool at a lodge. Notice the collar. I never got the full story, but he apparently was a regular visitor at this lodge, and the people had completely gotten over any fear of him as you can tell by the picture. Not sure what the collar was for, but he didn't have a leash. When we first saw him he was just out in the middle of the plains making a beeline for the lodge.

Me? I was standing on top of the stone wall, ready to jump off the other side if the rhino charged. When he finished drinking, he walked over to the stone wall and took a nap. I finally got over my fear and walked up to it and petted it.

RhinoDrinking2_zpscawcvli4.png

RhinoCloseup_zpswuaqgf6u.jpg

My sister lived about 3/4 of the way up the side of the Rift Valley, at about 7,000 ft elevation. I stayed with her a while and we took a "foot safari" (hike) from where she lived to Mount Longonot in the middle of the Rift Valley and climbed it. It is a semi-dormant volcano (you can see steam coming up from fissures) with a crater several miles across. Outside the volcano is dry brush and grasslands, but inside the crater is a jungle, like something out of The Lost World (not the Jurassic one). We also spent a few days in Amboseli at the lodge where Hemingway wrote The Snows of Kilimanjaro.

It was so surreal, you can't describe it. After you leave you feel like it was a dream.

I wouldn't give 2 cents for most of Africa. South Africa being the possible exception. Don't care for African wildlife either.
One year my wife met me in Spain and we flew to North Africa. We traveled through Tunisia, Morocco, West Sahara and a couple other shitholes. One day we were walking around a market place and I turned around and she was gone. I finially found her in a tent where some Arab men dragged her off to. I guess in the Arab world beautiful blond women fetch a good price.
Hmmm...I wonder what I could get for her now....

It's a pity cause it ain't dry all over, and deseases are no worse than any other country around the world, it's actually very beautiful part of the world to live in.

I‘m happy you enjoy it! South Africa sounds like the exception in Africa, but I just don’t trust that part of the world at this time. Stay safe Joe.

It's a pity cause it ain't dry all over, and deseases are no worse than any other country around the world, it's actually very beautiful part of the world to live in.

it is an extremely dangerous part of the world,,,,you can be killed there for no other reason than you are white ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you could not give me the whole damned place

what is going on there is starting here in the USA,,,and right now the stupid SOBs in charge are doing nothing to control it,,,,,, this is going to end up in a war both in SA and the USA,,,when the shooting starts it will be nasty,,,,,,,,,,,,,any who show up here will be dealt with,swiftly and with deadly force,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I wouldn't give 2 cents for most of Africa. South Africa being the possible exception. Don't care for African wildlife either.
One year my wife met me in Spain and we flew to North Africa. We traveled through Tunisia, Morocco, West Sahara and a couple other shitholes. One day we were walking around a market place and I turned around and she was gone. I finially found her in a tent where some Arab men dragged her off to. I guess in the Arab world beautiful blond women fetch a good price.
Hmmm...I wonder what I could get for her now....

Probably a slow lingering death, if she reads the last part of this post. LOL

it is an extremely dangerous part of the world,,,,you can be killed there for no other reason than you are white
Well, I have to admit that when my sister first arrived in Nairobi there was a coup attempt in progress and she couldn't leave the airport for days. When I went to Nairobi, refugees from Uganda were in the streets begging every westerner they saw for help because Ugandan secret police were there rounding them up and killing them. Our first plan was to go to Masai Mara, but someone blew up the fuel depot in Mombasa, so we didn't have enough gas to get to Masai Mara and had to go to Amboseli because it was closer. We had to take gas in gerry cans in the trunk for the trip because there wasn't anywhere to buy gas on the way, they were all sold out. We ended up selling one of them to someone that was stranded.
I had to bribe Kenyan customs officials to get into the country and then bribe immigration officials to get out of the country.
All of this just made it all that more surreal!

Last edited:
I wish I could have traveled there 75 years ago when there was still a lot of the undisturbed wildlife left. I’m really glad there are some that are trying to protect the species but know it’s a loosing battle there and everywhere. Zoos with breeding programs are the only place animals will be able to keep from being extinct before long.

Latest posts

Back